Next versus season?

Options
ElReyFelix
ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
Will we get another versus season starting next week before the anniversary season? Or will the anniversary be the next versus season?

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If only there were some way to see what was coming up... A sneak peak of the next few events.
    Oh well, a guy can dream.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My guess would be mid-October for anniversary. We were just given the anniversary poll; which is probably still open/collecting data. 6 days seems like not a lot of time to implement feedback and put it all together. 
    Either way it’ll be pretty exciting to play the nerf stone season. No more skipping Bishop! That will be enough excitement for the month. Followed by anniversary season which I’m hoping includes saved teams, feeder updates and a cool store or two. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm SUPER curious what a post-bishop season will look like myself.
    Don’t skip, don’t skip , don’t skip .......
    Is such a thing possible?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    We've gotten a mini-season in the past, which would likely run from the 17th to the 27th (to allow an off season before Anniversary season kicks off on October 1st, since Anniversary itself is the 3rd).

We've also just gotten a long off-season before.

I figure we'll find out when it events get posted. Though I personally suspect a long off-season is slightly more likely.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn’t think about the possibility of a longer off-season. That would just mean delaying Polaris in tokens longer. I know a lot of folks are waiting for her to enter before pulling hoards. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     I know a lot of folks are waiting for her to enter before pulling hoards. 
    *raises his hand*

I'm dreading sithdaken showing up in a sooner-than-later PvE as the required 5-star and Polaris still isn't in tokens.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will we get another versus season starting next week before the anniversary season? Or will the anniversary be the next versus season?
    I believe it will be one more season before the Anniversary Season.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Based on the PVP events coming up it looks more like an extended off season.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MrPlow said:
    Based on the PVP events coming up it looks more like an extended off season.
    And looks like the special offer store (seen during off season) is open for the next 26+ days. That also leads support to an extended off season.  
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @LakeStone thanks for the communication!
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    It will be an extended off season with about a little more than 2 week break.  As we get closer to the Anniversary season, we will start sharing some of the details to get ready for all the festivities. 

Please take part in the player survey that is included in the game right now to share your thoughts before the season starts.  I think it will be live for another day or so.

Thanks!
    Thanks @LakeStone for the response!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love extended off-seasons. Off-season PvP events are way more fun.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My only 1st place ever in PVP was during a Lone Star event. Only 1-stars. I don't think they'll ever bring it back, but the off-season events give me that kind of vibe.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please bring back Combined Arms and Balance of Power. I miss these PvPs. Thanks for bringing back Best Friends Forever.