OKTAGON Q&A Session - August 2020 *UPDATE (09/09/20)

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Q&A Answers

1. Will the "from the vault" sets ever be craftable?
Answer: We have just released the Judgment set, which completes the Odyssey Block. Also, we are considering adding a From the Vault category to Booster Crafting in the future.

2. Do you collect PvP win rates for the AI? If so, would you be able to share PvP win rates by planeswalker (maybe even by mastery tier)? Just a fun request to see how often the game actually manages to beat players.
Answer: No, we do not collect the win rates for the AI. But this is an interesting idea. Thanks.

3. You must have all kinds of big data about the game and its players as a group. Could you share some interesting numbers or percentages? It would be nice to know what percentage of players has more cards than me or has higher level than me.
Answer: Due to legal reasons, we are afraid we won’t be able to share any data

4. Would it be possible for the game to show some kind of all time player leaderboard in addition to the coalition leaderboard? I would enjoy looking through that.
Answer: That is an interesting idea, however we do not have any plans for that.

5. What If any interaction does development have with the Suggestions & Feedback forum? Does anyone review this forum? If not, what is the appropriate forum to make suggestions?
Answer: Hi, it’s me, Marcela (Community Manager). Answering this one, the idea of this Q&A Sessions is exactly to take all your feedback and doubts to our development team. Here’s the perfect place for you to suggest something. Although, I’m always letting the development team be aware of what’s happening in the entire forum.

6. What are your plans to make Pro/Master subscriptions more appealing to long-time players? Because of your recent changes to how VIP packs work (not updating to include newer sets), I have a bunch of completely useless VIP boosters from earlier versions of Standard and from Legacy. What do you suggest I do with them? Don’t say “open them” because you have changed the crafting rules and I can’t even use the orbs. How is it reasonable for it to be less annoying to get Mythic Vanguards than Rare Vanguards? Let’s say there are six rare and 6 mythic vanguards in a block. I need 2400 gems to get all the mythics (400 gems x 6) as I am sure of getting non-dupes. Assuming equal chances of getting each rare and ignoring the 10% drop rate for mythics, the mean number of attempts to get all 6 is 14.7, which will cost me 1800 gems (14.7 x 120 is 1764). However, that’s only the mean number and of course some people will get lucky and get all 6 sooner, and some will need many more than 15 attempts. Why don’t you just make rares cost more and make them non-dupe as well? I know pulling rares gives a 10% chance of getting a mythic, but as the real cost of each is so similar (300 for rares vs 400 for mythics) this doesn’t make much practical difference. In my view, getting dupes when spending pink gems is a real kick in the face, given how long it takes to accumulate them.
Answer: Thank you for your feedback and thank you for being a long-time player! There are some plans to make more content available in the Booster Crafting system. However, we can’t share any details yet.

7. In events like Cotc, do we get matched only with other players on the same node or all nodes? For example, the first node has an objective to only use up to rare cards, but I’ve been matched with mythic decks. I’d just like to know if it’s a non node match or if some players just couldn’t be bothered with the objective.
Answer: Thank you for your interest. It depends on the event. In most events, the players’ Planeswalkers are only matched with other players’ Planeswalkers from the same node. But in special events like the Duel Decks, the opponent always comes from the opposite node.

8. In paper magic our life total is 20 but it is much higher in puzzle quest. For cards like Revenge of Ravens, paying 1 life per attacker is a big deal in paper magic but insignificant in puzzle quest. This makes the card much less useful. Are there plans to rebalance cards to better reflect their utility in paper magic?
Answer: Thank you for the question. The cards in Magic: Puzzle Quest are conceived to work with a wider range of Planeswalkers and their possible levels. So some cards are really intended (and designed) to be playable by players that are beginning on the game, with low-level Planeswalkers and a small pool of cards in their collection. While others, in higher rarity, are designed to be more powerful and/or specific to advanced strategies. 
Sure, sometimes we have to tweak or balance cards and values to fit with different play styles, but some cards will not have the same impact that their paper counterparts have.

9. Is it possible to have an event where we do not see the opposing Planeswalker before the match starts? Just to give us a different take on match planning.
Answer: Thank you for sharing this idea. We believe that would be possible in general, but it might be challenging to accommodate this in an event. Did you play the event Role Reversal yet? Part of the rules is that you create a deck and then give it to the opponent to play. And you will play with the deck of the opponent. Watch out when this event runs again and give it a try.

Observation: We know that some of our answers in regards to questions about new features and questions and feedback related to your ideas seem repetitive. It has to do more with the fact that we often can't say much about upcoming features nor give an estimate on when these ideas could potentially come to the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

How are you? I hope you are all safe and healthy!
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
This month we didn't close the form (and we will keep doing this) so we already have a lot of questions!  :D  
We will answer the questions posted until August 25, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.

Thank you for all the support,
Marcela.

Comments

• bluminno
    bluminno Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Are the deck restrictions for RAW Eternity ,which include M21, accurate?
  • Ypgi
    Ypgi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What are your plans to make Pro/Master subscriptions more appealing to long-time players? 

Because of your recent changes to how VIP packs work (not updating to include newer sets), I have a bunch of completely useless VIP boosters from earlier versions of Standard and from Legacy. What do you suggest I do with them? Don’t say “open them” because you have changed the crafting rules and I can’t even use the orbs.

How is it reasonable for it to be less annoying to get Mythic Vanguards than Rare Vanguards? Let’s say there are six rare and 6 mythic vanguards in a block. I need 2400 gems to get all the mythics (400 gems x 6) as I am sure of getting non-dupes. Assuming equal chances of getting each rare and ignoring the 10% drop rate for mythics, the mean number of attempts to get all 6 is 14.7, which will cost me 1800 gems (14.7 x 120 is 1764). However, that’s only the mean number and of course some people will get lucky and get all 6 sooner, and some will need many more than 15 attempts. Why don’t you just make rares cost more and make them non-dupe as well? I know pulling rares gives a 10% chance of getting a mythic, but as the real cost of each is so similar (300 for rares vs 400 for mythics) this doesn’t make much practical difference. In my view, getting dupes when spending pink gems is a real kick in the face, given how long it takes to accumulate them.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options

Hi guys,

Could you please send these questions through the Form as well?
    So I can make sure it gets to the right team to answer.

Thank you so much for your interest,
    Marcela.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hi all, the August Q&A answers are posted!

@Oktagon_Support - it would be helpful if you could please comment on the Q&A threads when the answers are posted. I, and probably others, depend on the “new” flag to find new content in these forums. When the original Q&A post is edited to add answers it doesn’t get a flag, but a new comment does. Thanks!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options
    I will definitely start doing this from now on!
    Thank you so much for the heads up,
    Marcela.