Teferi, Master Of Time 3rd ability bug [Investigating]

TheHunter
TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
My opponent played as Teferi. On their go, they made a 5 gem match and gained an extra swap. This also gave them enough loyalty points to play their third ability, which they did, putting a Master Of Time support into play. They then made a 3 gem match and was awarded 2 extra swaps by the Master of Time support.

The support reads "When you make your first match during your turn: Gain 2 extra swaps." (bold type is my highlighting)

The 3 gem match was the opponent's second match on their turn, and so the 2 extra swaps were wrongly awarded.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the feedback!
    This issue is now under investigation.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Xucachris - hasn’t there been an answer a few months back where vanguards could be triggered twice in a turn, as long as you played a new instance played? My conclusion was that this was working as designed and by implication the behaviour you described above is WAD.

If the app has to keep track of any possible state in order to ensure what you complain about can’t happen, then the amount of calculations will be extreme.

I suspect it is a lot easier to check for something when you need it.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    Tremayne said:
    @Xucachris - hasn’t there been an answer a few months back where vanguards could be triggered twice in a turn, as long as you played a new instance played? My conclusion was that this was working as designed and by implication the behaviour you described above is WAD.

If the app has to keep track of any possible state in order to ensure what you complain about can’t happen, then the amount of calculations will be extreme.

I suspect it is a lot easier to check for something when you need it.
    @Tremayne Yep, I expect it's a circumstance that wasn't considered, so the support checks to see if it's seen a previous match - which it didn't as it wasn't in play at the time - and gives the extra swaps after what it sees as the first match.
    NB - I didn't see the vanguard post.
    Not a big issue and it didn't cost me a game (I was in TG anyway) but a technical error that exists nonetheless, and might cost someone a node when it matters. I guess that's what this part of the forum is for.

Thanks @Oktagon_Support

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Xucachris - 😁 you are probably right that it is not a big deal because I pretty sure that the answer is going to be WAD.