“Exclusive”

Wolfteeth
Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
For the love of god, Please take the word “Exclusive” off of those sets- no one wants that.

Comments

• Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Here’s a nice looking card. Let’s put a giant word across it so that no one can see it. It is such a horrible Idea.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed, if the exclusive part is so important, then they can make a cool symbol to stick on the corner of the card. 
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Agreed, if the exclusive part is so important, then they can make a cool symbol to stick on the corner of the card. 
    This!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi guys,
    Last week I took this to my team and they are analyzing all the ideas!
    I will keep checking with them so they don't forget. Try making me remember as well  :D

Thank you so much for all the interest in our game,
    Marcela.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks Marcela, can I add that I don't think the Vanguard and Odyssey block cards need any kind of Exclusive tag. If they're on rotation and you can buy them at pretty much any time using in-game currencies then they're not really exclusive.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xucachris said:
    Thanks Marcela, can I add that I don't think the Vanguard and Odyssey block cards need any kind of Exclusive tag. If they're on rotation and you can buy them at pretty much any time using in-game currencies then they're not really exclusive.
    Agreed. It's weird seeing an entire set/block with this label across every card.
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    I gain nothing out of knowing a card is "exclusive" It adds nothing to my game play, and is an annoyance.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Historically this was used for the set of cards that didn’t initially appear in a set’s packs, so a handful of cards were flagged as “exclusive” which translated to not (currently) in packs, until they were available in packs. Odyssey block, Duel Decks and vanguards ARE available in packs, but are excluded from basic boosters and crafting, which is different. “Shooting Star” set exclusives are also not available in packs but the whole “set” is like that, too.

I think it is important that these sets be flagged as having a non-standard card availability, but this should happen on the pack Or maybe the set label and not on each card. A visual like the blue stripe used for legacy sets would help.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Thanks Marcella! 

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Yep, limiting the "exclusive"  tag strictly to cards that cannot be obtained from any packs at that time (and removing it if those cards are later added to packs!) and removing it from any cards a player already owns would both be excellent changes, IMO.