Adding retro content.

Options
Orangeclown45
Orangeclown45 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Playing Mtgpq has made me nostalgic for retro content. My MtG playing days date back to the 90's, when Magic first came out. It would be nice to play those old cards again, and get a chance to own (albeit electronically) cards (i.e. Black Lotus) that I never got a chance to use.

Comments

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That would be great to play with some of those cards, though a lot would feel under powered in the current environment with its emphasis on two or three card combos and interactions. Oktagon have brought out the Odyssey block sets, so who knows some much older sets might be a possibility.
    BTW your talk of retro cards has led me to look up the price of a Juzam Djinn and I'm crying. Don't get rid of your old cards kids!
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish I had kept my power in hindsight... I sold them when I needed the money...at least Underground Sea is priced in my great favor!

If you want a true retro experience I recommend the 1997 Microprose PC game, Magic the Gathering. You can collect multiple copies of power cards and do some truly ridiculous things. It even uses the old-old-old rules from the 90s!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering_(1997_video_game)
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you want a true retro experience I recommend the 1997 Microprose PC game, Magic the Gathering. You can collect multiple copies of power cards and do some truly ridiculous things. It even uses the old-old-old rules from the 90s!
    I still play this occasionally, but have always called it Shandalar. It's great!
  • Orangeclown45
    Orangeclown45 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I suppose you're right. The last actual pack I bought was from the ancient "ice age" set that (oh God I'm old) was released in '95. Just looked at all those ancient cards... Yeah don't think they'd really work in today's game.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    More importantly, if you were to try and make cards as commensurately powerful as those ancient power cards (like Black Lotus) should be you'd really rile up the power-creep police... ;)