Bring back old cards.

Orangeclown45
Orangeclown45 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
There should be a way to have the chance to purchase or draw older limited cards. Cards like Thopter pie Network, Some Disassembly Required, Bog Humbugs, Decorated Knight, etc. should be reintroduced for newer players.

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it to fulfil the collectors desire to collect all cards?

Since these cards are mostly a curiosity that has very limited impact in legacy, because they are not very good, I fail to see the need to have them.

I have mastered a few of the mentioned cards, mostly out of fun, but I wouldn’t recommend them to any serious gaming.
  • Orangeclown45
    I agree they are more of a novelty, and yes, for me it would appeal to my collector-itis. But I say if the content was created, let the gamer decide if they want it or not. There are many cards that are not good, but are still available because they are part of a set. I do not see the harm in making those cards, and the alternate art cards from the Pblthp events available again.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    True, no real harm. I do know that when several of these cards where introduced, it was stated that it was a one time gift, to honour a particular event. I think 2 cards were Halloween related and one was anniversary gift.

As a devil’s advocate, some cards are a badge of honour for players who played at a particular time and as such they could be said to be exclusive to those players, who were around at that time.
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    It would also be a viable way for a lot of us to finally get Eye of Ugin. It doesn't seem TED ever has a snowball's chance in hell of ever winning against N4 again.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fblthp would be a good medium for this type of card distribution
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    I like the exclusivity of the holiday cards and I think they are Fun commentary on the current game state, but not powerful that they even impact legacy.

Paper cards are available on the secondary market which we don’t have here, so it might be reasonable to make trading amongst coalition members a thing, or perhaps through Fblthp as jtwood suggested.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    I think someone has previously suggested ‘foil wrapping’ the holiday cards in the game already (this would identify them as pre-existing).

This would then open up those cards to able to be added to crafting or fblthp or whatever.

• Orangeclown45
    Many games have, but in my opinion, all games should have, content that is exclusive to gamers as a reward for longevity. In that case, make certain content only available at certain intervals of time like holiday only, anniversary only, certain event only. This way you if you stick around long enough, you have a chance.