Lost account - still not restored after almost full 5 days

morgh
morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
On 20.08.2020 I was testing the backup features and somehow when I switched Facebook (FB) off, my save reverted to a brand new account. When I tried to switch back to Facebook, my old save got overwritten with the new account and when I tried to get back to my Google account to get back my “veteran” account, the new save also replaced the old one... I now have no access to my old, veteran account – there were no warning messages, no questions whether I wish to replace one save with another
I have sent a message through the webform and I did receive a reply after 48 hours telling me to get a new account name and get back to them with relevant details. I did that within 30 minutes and have not received any reply ever since.
I just want to say that if I handled client requests with this kind of speed (or rather lack of thereof), I would not be able to support my family and would lose my house really, really fast. I can understand the "first-come-first-served" principle but all in all this is still hardly acceptable.
I have now lost the rewards from the previous PvE event (I had a great chance for 1st place too) and the Black Vortex PvP (I would be in T5), missed the WHOLE Galactus boss event and WHOLE Vision PvP. As it looks right now I will probably lose the whole Thanos PvP and DP PvE... not to mention several days of daily DP quest... the amount of ISO, HP, covers I am missing is astounding and I fully blame the support. This should not have happened in the first place - there should have been some warnings and/or prompts/questions that certain actions are going to wipe my save and create a new account, yet there were none whatsoever...

Comments

• morgh
    And now I am also going to miss out on LR on top of all of this.
    Next this happens it can be anyone else - and even if I can understand things going slowly, the lack of communication from support is absolutely horrific... they could at least let me know "we are working on it, it will take a few more days" - but a complete silence is something I cannot understand.
  • morgh
    Yesterday I got an e-mail (after 5-6 days) telling me to login and that they manually changed my account. However when I logged in, nothing was changed. The e-mail also stated I should not connect to FB or Google for the time being but this account had already been connected so maybe that was why it still was not restored...
    Anyway I wrote all this to the support and also managed to unlink from FB and Google - I guess now I have to wait another 3 days for a reply because replying on the same day is apparently impossible
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    morgh said:
    Yesterday I got an e-mail (after 5-6 days) telling me to login and that they manually changed my account. However when I logged in, nothing was changed. The e-mail also stated I should not connect to FB or Google for the time being but this account had already been connected so maybe that was why it still was not restored...
    Anyway I wrote all this to the support and also managed to unlink from FB and Google - I guess now I have to wait another 3 days for a reply because replying on the same day is apparently impossible
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  If you can DM me your ticket number or information that we can identify your message to them, I can follow-up with support to check on status.