**** Polaris (Lorna Dane) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited September 2020 in Character Details
Polaris (Lorna Dane)
4-Star Rarity (Legendary) 
Affiliations: Heroes, Mutants, X-Men

"Raised by a non-mutant family, Lorna Dane struggles with embracing her powers and Mutant heritage - especially since her father is Magneto. Her complicated identity has led Polaris down many different paths, and so the mistress of magnetism often plays both ally and enemy to other Mutants." 

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270) 3297 Health / 12212 Health
 8 |  9 |  42 |  37 |  33 |  10 |  23 |  4.0x
 11 | 12 |  85 |  74 |  65 |  13 |  43 |  4.0x
Iron Proficiency - 7  AP
Polaris seizes control of the iron in her enemy's blood stopping them dead in their tracks. Stuns the target for 2 turns. Creates 4 friendly strength 23 Strike tiles and 4 enemy strength 28 Strike tiles. (Max level strength 45/54 tiles)
  • Level 2: Creates strength 32 friendly Strike tiles. (Max level strength 63/54 tiles)
  • Level 3: Stuns the target for 3 turns.
  • Level 4: Stuns the target for 4 turns. Creates strength 36 friendly Strike tiles. (Max level strength 70/54 tiles)
  • Level 5: Creates strength 81 friendly Strike tiles. (Max level strength 158/54 tiles)
Electromagnetic Resonance -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Polaris harnesses the electromagnetic energy and metal around her. Whenever you team matches or destroys a Strike, Attack, or Protect tile, deal 25 damage and create 2 friendly special tiles of that tile's type, each with strength 27. (Max level 49 damage, strength 53 tiles)
  • Level 2: Deals 115 damage, Creates tiles of strength 32. (Max level 226 damage, strength 62 tiles)
  • Level 3: Deals 205 damage, Creates tiles of strength 36. (Max level 402 damage, strength 70 tiles)
  • Level 4: Deals 271 damage, Creates 3 tiles of strength 36. (Max level 532 damage, strength 70 tiles)
  • Level 5: Deals 517 damage, Creates tiles of strength 54. (Max level 1014 damage, strength 106 tiles)
Particle Accelerator -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Polaris unleashes high velocity energy projectiles on her enemy. At the start of Polaris' turn she deals 16 damage for each special tile on the board. If none exist, creates a friendly strength 46 Strike tile. (Max level 32 damage, strength 90 tiles)
  • Level 2: Deals 22 damage or creates a strength 69 Strike tile. (Max level 45 damage, strength 135 tiles)
  • Level 3: Deals 29 damage or creates a strength 92 Strike tile. (Max level 58 damage, strength 180 tiles)
  • Level 4: Deals 42 damage or creates a strength 115 Strike tile. (Max level 83 damage, strength 225 tiles)
  • Level 5: Deals 67 damage or creates a strength 138 Strike tile. (Max level 135 damage, strength 270 tiles)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern

Store Offerings

Polaris & Friends

• Starts: August 30th 8am
  • Ends:  September 5th 8am
  • 80 Item Vault
    • 3x 4-Stars
      • 1x Random Polaris (Lorna Dane) cover
      • 1x Random Sabretooth (Victor Creed) cover
      • 1x Random 4-Star cover
  • 7x Tokens
    • 1x Legendary token
    • 1x Mighty Token
    • 2x Heroic Tokens
    • 3x Beginner Support tokens
  • 6x Iso-8
    • 1x 5,000 Iso-8
    • 2x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 3x 1,000 Iso-8
  • 15x 3-Stars
    • 3x Elektra (Assassin)
    • 12x Random 3-Star covers
  • 49x 2-Stars
    • 10x Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    • 39x Random 2-Star covers

Release Debut:

Lost in Time - August 27 - 31

• Polaris (Lorna Dane) In placement rewards

Introducing… Polaris - August 27 - Sept 3

• Polaris (Lorna Dane) Shards

Featured Event:

Honor Among Thieves - Aug 30 - Sept 4

• Polaris (Lorna Dane) as a progression reward

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - Aug 30 - Sept 4

• Polaris (Lorna Dane) Shards
  • Tokens to the Polaris & Friends Vault

Versus Tournament:

Magnetic Mastery - Aug 30 - Sept 2

• Polaris (Lorna Dane) as a progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Polaris & Friends Vault

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    That Green passive looks deadly. When champed she does 135 per special tile (either team) every turn as passive damage. So at 10 tiles that's 1350 and 20 tiles that's 2700 a turn.
    As mentioned above, when paired with Cardusa she will be devastating since the board will flood with tiles. Wait till she shows up in Simulator with these 2 in the challenge node. LOL
    She might even make a solid partner to Grocket/Juggs in PvE over Gamora since she will deal 945 a turn (7x135 + presumably the strike tile values on top of that so likely 1500+) and every time you match one of your own strikes (or any special tile really) she will create 2 more for you adding to her damage. Plus her Blue provides a handy stun like Gamoras does.
    KGB
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. This a bomb tool kit. 
  • Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    She looks like she would play well with gritty.
    Hey @IceIX any chance of a sneak peek for September?? Pretty please 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perfect rainbow with Apocalypse. Use his Black to blow up 4 protects and nuke the enemy. Then she nukes the enemy and makes 8 strike tiles. Plus stun immunity to boot.

I'd love to take her into Sim with KittyPocalypse.

Excellent 4. Great work devs!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    That Green is going to be a HUGE problem.
    I can't tell if the Blue is PVP-great or not. You can pair her with Bishop, making it stun problematic, but now you've brought two 4's. So, it's probably manageable in a way it wouldn't have been if she had been released as a 5.
    The other power is okay. It's kinda Prowler-y.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    I'm having a hard time seeing the value.

She only has 12k health, BRB just needs to make 2 blue matches to knock her with clash.

Maybe when she is boosted that's a different story. 

I will cast full judgement after i level her and use her for a bit.

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Looks good for those in the 4* tier.  Can't wait to try her out with a variety of others to see how she holds up!
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    I like her toolkit, the low health means she won't always last long enough to ramp things up often, but still seems more fun than half the 4s we have. Wish she was a 5 actually but what can you do. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty good kit.  If her blue cost 6ap, then she might challenge gamora and Iceman for the role of 4* stunner in pve.  She will play nicely with thorkoye as she provides lots of opportunities to proc okoye passively.
    Otherwise, I note that the trend of low-health, high-power 4* continues.  But 4* as a class is characters remain mostly superfluous, and additional player/dev time spent on expanding the tier is basically wasted.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering why everyone was so high on her Green since I thought it only counted friendly tiles. Now that I see its ALL special tiles, that really changes things. I wish she was a 5.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    4-turn stun for only 7 AP? Yes sir. 

Those 2 passives are gravy. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Um... anyone else scared of the possibility of her teamed with BRBitty?  I mean, match a FRIENDLY protect, make 2 more?  And of course, add in BRB's passive stuff with that.

Of course, if this shifts away from Bishop a tad, I won't be upset.  But still -- looks very good.

I mean, even if the enemy just focuses on her first, that gives time for BRBitty to ramp up their thing.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    Um... anyone else scared of the possibility of her teamed with BRBitty?  I mean, match a FRIENDLY protect, make 2 more?  And of course, add in BRB's passive stuff with that.

Of course, if this shifts away from Bishop a tad, I won't be upset.  But still -- looks very good.

I mean, even if the enemy just focuses on her first, that gives time for BRBitty to ramp up their thing.
    Polaris being a mutant gives Kitty even more chances of doing her SAP boosting, as well.
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    4/4/5 seems like the best build, right?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice! I’ve been waiting on Polaris for awhile! Powers look really strong also, I imagine she’ll see use with Apocalypse as previously mentioned.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:

Most of the time I see BRBitty, it's teamed with Bishop, so I still have to deal with the third character before taking them on.
    Boosted and mega-champed, maybe she's a problem, but otherwise I wouldn't be worried with her on that team, no.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I may try her with Carbage/Apocalypse and see how that goes.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    The art for her is... ugly.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:

I think it’s going to be special tile chaos and yes , I’m very afraid