Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    but valkyrie generates black or green, depending on ihulks or okoyes level, what am I missing?

edit - it's the support, right? 
    Yes, RTF can push up Okoye's yellow by a % (you need rank 4 or 5).....at L200 it's 14% which is enough to make yellow her strongest color.

Given how (relatively) rare any Rank 4 Support is for most people, it's probably not a team that many can run.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I just checked, after equipping supports months ago and ignoring them since, i realized i have RTF equipped - sadly I'm missing a level... 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @111MCH111

Try bringing some purple AP with you. If you can fire it off, you can get C&D to true heal. You have to play around a little more to make certain Vulture is airborne when Hulk goes down, but you can also spend iso on boosts instead of HP on health packs.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Rosraf said:
    Im guessing it’s already covered in these pages, okoye (with talon fighter/Valkyrie/IHulk.  IHulk passive boosted by Okoye passive triggers Valkyrie passive to generate yellow AP almost every turn.  So Okoye tanks everything but can heal every 1-2 turns while generating more TU tiles, which in turn cause IHulk passive to hit even harder.  It snowballs really fast into crazy team damage with little or no health lost. 
    Damn it. My Talon Fighter is only rank 3. Grr. And I know my odds are slim, but that's exactly why I'm not using that Advanced Support Token they gifted us a couple of days ago: the Royal Talon Fighter is not in the current Supports Vault.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    Rosraf said:
    Im guessing it’s already covered in these pages, okoye (with talon fighter/Valkyrie/IHulk.  IHulk passive boosted by Okoye passive triggers Valkyrie passive to generate yellow AP almost every turn.  So Okoye tanks everything but can heal every 1-2 turns while generating more TU tiles, which in turn cause IHulk passive to hit even harder.  It snowballs really fast into crazy team damage with little or no health lost. 
    Damn it. My Talon Fighter is only rank 3. Grr. And I know my odds are slim, but that's exactly why I'm not using that Advanced Support Token they gifted us a couple of days ago: the Royal Talon Fighter is not in the current Supports Vault.
    Element Guns at LVL 3 does it as well.  My LVL 452 Okoye has a 150 Element Guns equipped, which boosts her Yellow damage by 84 points.  That's enough to make it outrank the black at this level 752 (yellow) to 751 (Black)

Still dwarfed by my LVL 459 iHulk's green damage (919) of course...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    substitute ihulk for spidey2099, not quite the same but fun, too

thanks for the support tip - lost the occasional aoe from the talon support but got very strong and reliable yellow ap generation. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    Rosraf said:
    Don't forget, while you won't get the TU AP bonus, there are a few other supports that boost Yellow damage that Okoye can wear:
    Korg Rank 4 or higher
    Vintage Shield Rank 5 or higher
    Element Guns Rank 2 or higher
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Is anyone using Apoc/ BRB/ Kitty yet ?  It seems like a defensive meta to me . 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Apoc at 1/0/3 and boosted he works very well with BRB/Kitty. Fire yellow and wait for enough protects to be made, then fire black. Huge damage. And you team takes very little damage because of all protects that Kitty boosts.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I accidentally leveled him up too far, and boosted, he tanks 5 colours over Okoye. So I switched to using him with BRB/Kitty in Webbed Wonder, and they've been tearing through the 5E and Challenge nodes like no one's business. The only thing that slows them down is boards lacking in yellow, since that's what really powers the whole combo.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    R4G/3* Bullseye and Nico Minoru (lite version of Kitty Pryde)

Bullseye is the 3* essential and his node was a wave node. Since he's boosted, He tanks a number of colours. With Nico boosting R4G's and Contract Killer's strike tiles every turn, Bullseye had to match-3 only twice to down the characters by end of wave 2. On the third wave, he needs to match-3 only once. And the board was filled with strike tiles.

This is much faster than R4G/Juggernaut.
    Champed Kitty is better but for those without Kitty, she works too.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I definitely think people are sleeping on Onslaught a bit.  There’s been a few matches that started with a match 4 and a TU heavy board that the cascades wiped the enemy team turn 1. Especially had good luck with him with 5ProfX/Chavez, but that team sounds like a lot of fun too. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    AndiTi said:
    I definitely think people are sleeping on Onslaught a bit.  There’s been a few matches that started with a match 4 and a TU heavy board that the cascades wiped the enemy team turn 1. Especially had good luck with him with 5ProfX/Chavez, but that team sounds like a lot of fun too. 
    I think it's heavily dependent on your SCL.  He's not doing anything really in SCL10.

Also, if you are on offense, you can do a lot of good stuff with Onslaught's blue (but it will take more time than a lot of other choices).  On defense (PVP) he remains pretty meh since the AI is not going to use him right.  Also if you run him with Prof, you have a good chance the AI uses Onslaught's worthless purple or when it DOES use Prof's purple it picks some pointless color or the wrong row for blue, or whatever.

I do like Onslaught OK on offense.  He's got some good utility.  I just champed him but don't see him entering my PVE teams when not boosted very often (maybe for variety's sake, or if I play down in SCL9, a Thor/Prof/Onslaught team could be pretty speedy).
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Onslaught/Professor/Thanos could do work in CL9. I’m sure he’s a monster boosted in 10 too.  But beyond that I struggle to see his value as well (beyond fun teams). I’ve hit him a lot in PVP and while I’ve taken “the big hit” (and it sucks), after that opening salvo he loses all his teeth. If you can get Hulk to take the first blow before the board is sapped of teamups, then that’s even better. I’ve also found that though they get tons of cascades, once the board settles without teamups, its not uncommon to find a match 5 or two for you, so you can hit back hard as well. 

I will say I think his blue is underrated. I love board manipulation powers. And while this doesn’t quite have the board control that 2* Mags or 3* Widow purple has, it is pretty dang powerful. As blue said, it’s just time consuming and easy for the AI to mess up. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried OMD/Domino/Cable in the last node and it was pretty fun.

Cable put at least three strike tiles with his yellow and helps to fortify OMD's repeater tiles. Domino helps to increase the presence of black tiles. After the first waves, it's simply watching OMD's passive repeaters go off every turn. I had 10 OMD's repeaters out by the end of wave 2. 

I thought of Goblin but it means not being able to use his black, purple and yellow active powers.
  • SupremeChefGio
    SupremeChefGio Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I tried OMD/Domino/Cable in the last node and it was pretty fun.

Cable put at least three strike tiles with his yellow and helps to fortify OMD's repeater tiles. Domino helps to increase the presence of black tiles. After the first waves, it's simply watching OMD's passive repeaters go off every turn. I had 10 OMD's repeaters out by the end of wave 2. 

I thought of Goblin but it means not being able to use his black, purple and yellow active powers.

Who is OMD?
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor

Who is OMD?

Old Man Daken (aka 5* Wolverine: Samurai Daken)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It literally will only be useful in goon-heavy events with both Star Lord & Warmachine boosted, but I've been enjoying 4* Star Lord (3/5/5), 4* Warmachine (3/5/5) & 3* Dr Strange (5/3/5) in this round of Hearts of Darkness.  It's a stupid team (and wildly ineffective against tile movers), but it's really doing well in sub-SCL10 play....plus, you don't have to worry about health packs for anyone but Strange because if you can't use 4* SL or 4* Rhoady...does it really matter?
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Apoc 5/4/3 soft capped at 375 but boosted is 485
    5* Hawkeye 4/3/4 soft capped at 375
    4* Coulson at 275

Cheap powers leads to lots of countdowns and tons of red AP for Apoc.  Also Apoc and Hawkeye tank Coulson colors so he's pretty protected.

I stayed in SCL9 but this would have been the time for me to give SCL 10 a real shot.