Elite pack rotations - A suggestion

Options
soultwist
soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker

We are at a point in time now where we have a ton of card sets and still only the 3 regular elite packs each week with the addition 1 VIP pack and its really taking far to long to rotate in all the different sets everyone wants to see. Right now there is not even a Legacy pack available any more, something that only has happened once before in the last 14 months (week of April 16th, 2019)

The largest disadvantage I can brainstorm is adding another pack each week would be it would slightly reduce the value of the extra pack for VIP. I haven't really done anything with percentages but I think with the next set there would be runway to add BOTH a regular AND a VIP pack. Maybe those new ones can both be Legacy as its not currently represented at all.

That ADDS value to VIP 1/3 of the weekly offerings would be VIP vs the 1/4 it is currently. It also doesn't really do anything to dilute rarity. If your willing to offer everyone 3 of the 6 Standard packs after the next set it will drop to 3 of 7 and your adding a 1/7 set for legacy.

I believe there is precedence for adding packs as the number of sets has grown; but I wasn't around during that time.

https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Elite_pack_tracking

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think having 2 Legacy EP and 2 Standard EP instead of 1 and 2 (plus the VIP one) would break anything. And since there are more and more sets being added to the legacy collection I agree that it would be a good idea.

@Oktagon_Support thoughts?

• mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited February 2020
    Options

Omg... do you realize how much work and testing this requires to implement. Now they need to increase the VIP price again. Btw did they even answer to a single one suggestion here that improves game quality of life? Also where did the money they get from VIP went to? Wait, wait... I know... new fancy Carnival costumes!

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options

Quite a few, as it turns out. I think all of these were added after being suggested on the forums:

• Deck slots
    • Confirmation prompt on purchases
    • Ranking ties all get top reward instead of tiebreaking on timing
    • Booster crafting
    • 400 jewel elite pack made non-dupe
    • Simultaneous Standard and Legacy TG
    • Shield icon added to support cards
    • Graveyard visible during play
    • Speed up animations ("card visual aid")

Those are the biggest features I can think of at the moment; there have also been a bunch more minor changes based on feedback.

• soultwist
    Options
    Hello; a reminder that we have been with the same number of packs since a VIP pack was added almost exactly a year ago.  

We have added 4 new sets since then.  Anyone else want more elite pack choices?
  • soultwist
    Options
    Thank you for the extra elite pack, it was very much needed!  :smiley:
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is Ravnica Allegiance EVER going to roll around again? Been watching for it for at least 3 months 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @QuiksilverHg
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to everything that's scheduled in the game.
    I will try to find this information for you.
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi @QuiksilverHg
    Hi, any updates on this?  Been hoping for the Ravnica Allegiance packs for several months. Thanks
  • soultwist
    Options
    Hi @QuiksilverHg
    Hi, any updates on this?  Been hoping for the Ravnica Allegiance packs for several months. Thanks
    It's the vip set right now. Set 2 started today