Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hitting 1200 points in PvP for the second (?) time, I think. I would like to thank Bishop/Karnak(I think) and champed Gritty for giving me the opportunities to do this in my final climb. Both teams gave me a whopping 7x points for each win. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The freebie Strang3 Shards let me finally champ my 5/5/2 with 7 saved covers dupe!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Finally max-champed my last 3*.
    All max-champed now, all have dupes on roster.
    Not planning to "harvest" any on the farm until I have 100 saved covers on them. My highest is currently 56.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Going through 3 days of PVE Shield Sim and not a Bishop team to be found in any hard, essential, or challenge node. Thanks devs!
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Not planning to "harvest" any on the farm until I have 100 saved covers on them. My highest is currently 56.
    Hi @skittledaddy ,
    That means that you have to by a lot of extra roster slots. 
    Why would you keep all max-champ 3*?  You are probably using 4*champs with 5* chars to play PVE and PvP daily. 
    I believe (and like to have) to need all 3* for DPD, but lvl is irrelevant. A few special case exceptions for the 3* Champions: 
    Strange (vs mindless ones), IM40 (vs Apocalypse horsemen), Wolverine Patch And Scarlet witch Combo with(vs Kaelcius strike tile) And last, but certainly not least Deadpool (WHALES, is the best support to give and receive for Teamups).
    Based on the Pokémon effect....today with 220 roster slots, you can have all characters on your roster. This means collect all 1*, 4* and 5* And farming of all 2* and 3*. 
    Poll Question to you all, playing a few years MPQ, what is the your roster size?
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2020
    Dormammu said:
    111MCH111 said:
    Why would you keep all max-champ 3*?
    You didn't ask this of me, but I'll answer anyway. There are 2 reasons:

#1 PvP - Most PvP events still require a 3-star.

#2 Pride - They are a great source of pride and past accomplishment to me.
    Hi @Dormammu

#1 is absolutely true, but running Kitty and R4G makes only the presence of the 3* relevant, not its level, nor its powers.

#2 I salute you👍it is a great achievement!  All at the same level in alphabetical order. That would make searching much better. I like your sense of organization. I like to park all my 4* chars at lvl 189 for that same reason (prior to championing, which requires too much iso for me today)
    Greetings MCH
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    111MCH111 said:
    ...but running Kitty and R4G makes only the presence of the 3* relevant, not its level, nor its powers.
    Kitty and Grocket don't pack much of an offensive punch at times, beyond the strikes. If you have a 3-star with offensive abilities, especially in colors gritty have no use for, they can make a difference. Look at a character like Quicksilver with reasonably-priced offensive powers. Backed by gritty's strike tiles, he suddenly becomes a factor - even against 5-stars. The 3-star may allow you to end a match a bit faster and save you some health.

Also, a boosted max-champed 3-star is level 412. This puts them on par with champed 4-stars. At the very least, if nothing else, it can make them decent meat-shields.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sold a lot of 3* and it impacted my experience a little negatively. To those who want an easier and better PvP experience in the long run, do not sell away your max champed 3*. You can sell away your second champed 3* though.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    If/when you are in 5 land you definitely need the maxed 3 for PVP (or a very high level one).  Thanos is still a thing, and bringing in a low level 3 is a good way to get destroyed.

I have 302 slots as I have maxed out a number of 4s now.  23 at 370, 2 and 369, 6 at 368.

Re-rostering and rebuilding 4s truly sucks, in case anyone is wondering.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    111MCH111 said:
    Hi @skittledaddy ,
    That means that you have to by a lot of extra roster slots. 
    Why would you keep all max-champ 3*?  You are probably using 4*champs with 5* chars to play PVE and PvP daily. 
    I believe (and like to have) to need all 3* for DPD, but lvl is irrelevant. A few special case exceptions for the 3* Champions: 
    Strange (vs mindless ones), IM40 (vs Apocalypse horsemen), Wolverine Patch And Scarlet witch Combo with(vs Kaelcius strike tile) And last, but certainly not least Deadpool (WHALES, is the best support to give and receive for Teamups).
    Based on the Pokémon effect....today with 220 roster slots, you can have all characters on your roster. This means collect all 1*, 4* and 5* And farming of all 2* and 3*. 
    Poll Question to you all, playing a few years MPQ, what is the your roster size?
    @111MCH111

The Pride answer is as good as any, but it's also a situation of "why not?".

I don't have to buy a bunch of extra slots, I already have. All 3*s already have dupes on roster, All 4*s champed, All 5*s rostered and I still have 38,000+ HP sitting in the bank with nothing to spend it on.  I am nowhere near needing a 4* farm yet so there is no need to start saving for that, either. I'm not hard-up for iso, either, so ultimately I don't have a lot to gain other than champ rewards (which will come eventually, anyway). Just think how much fun it will be to collect all 100 champ rewards at the same time!

Additionally, as mentioned, while I play very little PvP, when I do I guess I'd just assume having a max-champ at my disposal.

Btw, I'm currently at 259 roster slots.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just flip my 3s when the dupe is at one cover. Haven’t noticed much difference, it did sting at first, but now on third or fourth roll of the entire roster it just feels like habit. 

I don’t play competitive PVP though as I don’t participate in Line and I find it to be the worst part of the game.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    What is the ceiling/limit on roster slots?
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    If/when you are in 5 land you definitely need the maxed 3 for PVP (or a very high level one).  Thanos is still a thing, and bringing in a low level 3 is a good way to get destroyed.

I have 302 slots as I have maxed out a number of 4s now.  23 at 370, 2 and 369, 6 at 368.

Re-rostering and rebuilding 4s truly sucks, in case anyone is wondering.
    I think this is just an example of a “your mileage may vary “situation. Even before I sold off my roster, I never kept my maxed three stars. (Iso problem) And even now I have almost 0 champ three stars. I have absolutely no problem climbing or even placing high. I think it’s great to have the duplicate character thing going, but don’t sweat that it’s really hurting you in the long run. As stated earlier, this is just my personal experience and your mileage may vary.
  • TPF Alexis
    Dormammu said:
    111MCH111 said:
    ...but running Kitty and R4G makes only the presence of the 3* relevant, not its level, nor its powers.
    Kitty and Grocket don't pack much of an offensive punch at times, beyond the strikes. If you have a 3-star with offensive abilities, especially in colors gritty have no use for, they can make a difference. Look at a character like Quicksilver with reasonably-priced offensive powers. Backed by gritty's strike tiles, he suddenly becomes a factor - even against 5-stars. The 3-star may allow you to end a match a bit faster and save you some health.

Also, a boosted max-champed 3-star is level 412. This puts them on par with champed 4-stars. At the very least, if nothing else, it can make them decent meat-shields.

Also characters who can generate more special tiles if Grockitty start running out of steam. Daken, Storm, Patch, Iron Fist, etc. Being max champed helps them stick around longer against AoE/random targeting, so they can drop those tiles when you need them.
    On a different topic, It took me half an hour, but I did manage to brute-force one clear against that Hela/Carnage/BRB node with iHulk/Vulture (and a little help from a blue Rescue team-up at one point). I really need to start working on Hawkeye seriously so I can have a solid stunlock team available.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting a new update and QoL improvements, hinting this game has some life in her yet.
  • TPF Alexis
    Got the last couple of shards on Magik that I needed to champ Hela. Now I've got all the easy ones out of the way, it's time to start the long slog toward 5 purple on Hawkeye.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skipping Apoc shards in this event?  No problem!  The shards for Legion got me his first champ level, and provided me with a Legendary token.  Pulled it, and got an Apoc red, bringing him to 2/3/2.