Ridiculous and outrageous M21 Rare draws

Options
Rasalghul
Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
Instead of adding a post to the populous and popular Let the Steam off thread, I’d like to say how “disappointing” and “outrageous” M21 rare vanguards are right now:
I bought rare boosters on 5 instances. 2 boosters the 1st time then only 1 booster. 
I got Basri and Chandra.
Then Basri.
Then Basri. (Yes again).
Then Chandra.
Then Basri. (Yes again, no just copy-paste).

D3/Oktagon, when are you going to update your random machine or stop this ... can’t find a politically correct word to express my beliefs that this is not normal. Ok keep up your good work.

Comments

• Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Same issue here. 5 purchases, 3 Chandra and 2 Teferi. Vanguard rare dupes, annoying now as they were months ago. I don’t know why I keep trying. 
  • Rasalghul
    Options
    I would have stopped trying if full art version will be available. As only mythic vanguards will get alternate version as of now at least, buying boosters is the only way to get them. I hope the card library will not soon display the full art version as if there were forgotten...
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just don't understand why anyone is still buying rare vanguard packs.  We all know they give mostly dupes, and I can't imagine any are so chase-worthy that the frustration is worth it (if one is please feel free to tell me lol).

Its a **** product in an app with dozens of things to spend currency on at any given time.  Oktagon has expressed 0 interest in changing anything any time soon, so why waste the jewels?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I just don't understand why anyone is still buying rare vanguard packs.  We all know they give mostly dupes, and I can't imagine any are so chase-worthy that the frustration is worth it (if one is please feel free to tell me lol).

Its a **** product in an app with dozens of things to spend currency on at any given time.  Oktagon has expressed 0 interest in changing anything any time soon, so why waste the jewels?
    I've bandied around the idea of buying one Rare+ vanguard pack per set until I actually get that first rare vanguard. You can't get a dupe until you get at least one... and maybe you get a mythic at a discount in the meantime.
    But most rare vanguards aren't playable, so I don't end up giving that a shot.
  • Rasalghul
    edited August 2020
    Options
    In fact, you can also hit batches of mythics too. I’ve had good and bad series but I really wanted to let the steam off. And the Garruk, Liliana and Teferi mythics are good ones. I just didn’t want to buy the full art version with crystals.

I’ve learned my lesson but I still feel the itch to pull the trigger.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

There are some I've put to good use (e.g., Teferi, Timeless Voyager this time).  I tend to pull on rare until I get a duplicate, and sometimes walk away with a mythic. It's a solid gamble. 

• Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It was only a couple sets ago that I went to first start pulling from the rare vanguards of that set and over a couple weeks only ever saw 6 of the same green Garuk Vanguard back to back. I was so angry! Now with alternative art, you could spend 400 yellow or 250 yellow crystals in Chasing Flbthp or whatever... and then if you attempt to get any with jewels you could end up getting the original art version of one you got the full art version of for the crystals and it makes 2 cards with the same text that you can only use one of in a deck, as possibilities to hit on as duplicates. That's horrible! It also makes it so if you get a mythic from Flbthp with 400 yellow, you could go in and try to spend 400 jewels in the vault and get the same vanguard. I say they do away with seperate purchases for several versions of art for the same card and instead have both pictures available to see when clicking one two three times on the single and only version of the card. I can't believe they would try to ask us to spend currency on a different picture..