skipping apoc shards?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
So apparently the "generous" treatment we got in the form of an extra yelena-featured event is coming out of our collective tinykitty on the other side in the form of no apoc shards.  We are going straight from killmonger to onslaught.
Ugh, I was looking forward to champing him this week.
Will apoc cycle back around just in time to be skipped for the next 5* release too?

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i hope not. had bad luck pulling when km came in. champed onslaught, apoc stuck on 9 covers.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the next 5* releases on the 13th of August, their CP store should run the 20th-24th, so they should rotate into Latest on September 7th.

Assuming they stick to the 3-Latest 2-Classic rotation (they have been, but recently did two classic 5's out of place, so it's uncertain, you know?), then we'll get another run of Apocalypse in the back half of the month. We should then have another Latest trio running in events that start on September 3rd, 6th, and 10th, so it's entirely possible Apocalypse will get TWO more runs (or the 3rd/6th could be Onslaught/Killmonger, with the 10th being the new 5 that hasn't been revealed yet).

If all you need is one more event, you should be good.

But yeah, Yelena shouldn't have gotten a turn this time, no idea what the hell is up with that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    My theory on Yelena is that since she was cut short a bit by Apocalypse being early, they ran her one more time to let her get a 4th and final run as essential/rewards. Otherwise it would have been only 3.

Maybe the devs have a goal to make sure every new 5 has at least 4 times through PVE, rewarding 2+ full covers in SCL10. 
  • Vhailorx
    bluewolf said:
    My theory on Yelena is that since she was cut short a bit by Apocalypse being early, they ran her one more time to let her get a 4th and final run as essential/rewards. Otherwise it would have been only 3.

Maybe the devs have a goal to make sure every new 5 has at least 4 times through PVE, rewarding 2+ full covers in SCL10. 
    That would be a good goal.  2 colorless covers from prog would be a solid headstart for building the new 5*s, especially now that they only stay ~12 weeks in LTs.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need another run of apoc so I can get him to a 4/4/4. I was pulling him left an right, once Killmonger rotated in, I have yet to pull and other Apoc cover. Makes me feel like the game is rigged sometimes............
  • bluewolf
    By my count we have had 3 times so far to collect Apocalypse shards in PVE.

He released 5/7 and his shards overwrote Havoc shards in the following PVE.

6/14 he was essential (shard rewards) for HoD.

He was essential on 7/6 but Killmonger was the reward so we got no shards for him.

3 events later he was the essential (and rewards) again on 7/16.

We don't really know what they will do as far as 5Es right now...they have been fast and loose of late.  The Sneak Peek needs an update (hint hint) before we can conclude that Apocalypse won't be after Onslaught, but we should definitely get one more time with him as rewards based on a rule of "Reward 4 times".
  • Vhailorx
    Apoc seems to have been skipped again.  KM is next up after the daken release events.  Will there be enough time for him to cycle one last time before Daken enters the pool in 3 weeks?
  • bluewolf
    edited August 2020
    Vhailorx said:
    Apoc seems to have been skipped again.  KM is next up after the daken release events.  Will there be enough time for him to cycle one last time before Daken enters the pool in 3 weeks?
    Possibly?  We have *some* PVE coming next on 8/20 starring Killmonger.  8/23 or so the next, probably starring Onslaught.  Then we have:

8/27 - Classic 5E, new 4 Star character release
    8/31ish - Classic 5E again?
    9/3 - Maybe Apocalypse shards?
    9/6 or 9/7 - Killmonger?  Or boss event?  *
    9/7 - OMD kicks Apocalypse out of Latests
    9/10 - Onslaught?

*One x-factor is the Update notes mention a boss event (Ultron vs Avengers) which.....lately they have run one week after a new 4, but that pushes it PAST this set of events in the update so maybe its sooner.  Either way pushing back everything could mean Apocalypse is done as a 5E if they wanted to do that.

HOWEVER.  My suspicion is they are targeting 4x as a progression reward for each 5, so hopefully Apocalypse gets one more turn, as he has only had 3 so far.

-----

EDIT:  You know what would be great?  Some sort of preview of upcoming events......

I realize it's almost a year old but last October, VP of Publishing Brian Etheridge said:

"Specifically, our community really wants to know what events are on the calendar and what an upcoming character’s abilities and strengths look like at every level.

They want to take that information, digest it, and see if the character is worth putting in their team based on their play style.

I would also say that we could always do better, engage with the fans more and get out there with more content, but starting this game as a group with no forums and very little social media presence to speak of, we’ve come a long way!"

https://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/71793/how-players-pushed-marvel-puzzle-quest-beyond-midcore/

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did they seriously skip him twice?

Or am i missing something here?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Did they seriously skip him twice?

Or am i missing something here?
    Nope, but it's not the first time they've skipped a 5-star's shards at all.  The first time they offered his shards, they skipped Jessica Jones's shard event.  My 4/4/4 JJ with 290 shards is not pleased with that.