Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2020
    @HoundofShadow Wrong assumption. Mine is 5/3/3, decent, but too far in the list. I mean, I when i scrolled list searching for options he was way to far from my 4* champions.

Plus taking Invisibility is not a option here like in 5* node cause Switch and Iceman has AOE.

I ended Karnaking it too. With same problems as I described above: lacking blue, and lot of luck. Its strange coincidance that in 5 tries the board floats with blue but the moment I brought Karnak blue is sudennly scarce and Iceman collects it through lucky shots like Switch coundown creation immidiatly matched or when going off they collect 10 purple and 3 blue in the process...

Also the sad part is that do we have to use Strongest characters to beat such nodes. Why Cant I use strong/balanced champions but have to bring the meta ones? Do we really have to bring nuke do defeat a tank? Why I have to use Strange3 or Karnak to beat 3x 14k health characters? Cant the node be created the way that it is challenging not overpowered and frustrating? Who think that 2 long time stunners (5 rounds and 4 rounds) with free ap generation for one of them wont be frustrating for many players? Cant we get nodes Like Venom/Carnage/symbiote node in day 4 of Venom Bomb? Like Kaecilius node?

I think that the problem lies with assumption that if you can enter the node then you have champed/decently covered Spider-Man 2099. Like hell no. Mine is 3/2/1 so... Devs, FYI I beat CoTT with one or two covers on 4* with clever boost and support usage. Challenging as hell sometimes. But beatable. Here should be the same. Prepare the node considering what might have not assumption that we have it up 11. have. Like it was a perfect occasion to fight against Spider-Man (IW), Spider-Woman (Gwen) and Spider-Man (Morales). Anti-Venom and Spider-2099 web tiles creaction which boosts the enemy too. Or we vs. 3 Spider-Men (IW) with lots of dmg reduction from web tiles... Or whatever.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5E and Challenge nodes in the Maggia sub of SS took me tinykitty forever. Not once in 8 matches using Apoc did I manage to get 6 yellow quickly (I boosted one, because this is always a problem). The amount of time I spent sitting at 4-6 yellow while watching KP bring in his goon countdowns every other turn was incredibly frustrating.
  • Mr_F
    edited August 2020
    TPF Alexis said:
    The 5E and Challenge nodes in the Maggia sub of SS took me tinykitty forever. Not once in 8 matches using Apoc did I manage to get 6 yellow quickly (I boosted one, because this is always a problem). The amount of time I spent sitting at 4-6 yellow while watching KP bring in his goon countdowns every other turn was incredibly frustrating.

Not to mention Kitty node which, for my roster, is a killover. Like many said before, there exist 3 game desroyers now.  That can be fit in almost any combo. In this order. Bishop. Kitty. Rocke & Groot 4*.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without Kitty R&G is hardly a threat.

I would put Worthy Cap and Hawkeye on that list though.
  • Mr_F
    edited August 2020
    jp1 said:
    Without Kitty R&G is hardly a threat.

I would put Worthy Cap and Hawkeye on that list though.

Ok... Hawkeye is hardly a threat without Worthy. It is Worthy CD tiles generation what makes Clint a beast here. What turn combo Worthy/Carol4* up to 11 is R4G. So basically, two meta Worthy teams are not that much without Worthy and R4G respectivetly.

Also: Teams in which I see R4G in my simulator:
    Kitty+whatever
    Wasp/Worthy + Carol 4*
    Cardusa
    Juggernaut + Gamora
    Nico+ Whatever
    Gamora+Whatever (mostly Juggernaut but I've seen many more).
    Karnak+Chavez

Teams In which I see Worthy:

Carol 4*/Wasp + R4G
    Hawkeye5* + whatever

And teams in which I see Hakweye 5*:

Worthy + Whatever.

Maybe in 5* it is different but in mine happy early low champion 4* land, R4G are a champion that fits everywhere in my land. For me, R4G are harder to beat than Bishop as Bishop is threat only if you enter without a plan to beat him (and I have a few teams prepared to deal with him I mean, I can 8/10 teams I use in PVP). For R4G you need a good counter. He is a skip for me as I do not want to use health pack after every fight. I mean, I could beat him but that would mean I have to use 2 teams constantly (that often I see a team with him) but that would require to burn Health packs and leave enjoyment away. So... no. Not yet, I prefer my 10 teams than can do 10 fights in the morning and then at eveving so 1-2 weeks and I am done with simulator for a season.

Maybe I put it in other words: Counter for Karnak is Juggernaut. But you do not need him to beat him. Counter for R4G is also a Juggernaut or Kraven. Because anything other requires time to works (luck or ap build). Sure, I can bring Gwenpool/whatever and use AP Purple/whatever Boost to start with 4 Purples/4 of whatever but it still means that bad board will kill me. Or in best scenario hit hardly.
    But to clarify: R4G are not OP themselves. They make others OP. And that is OP.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @Mr_F

You left out BSSM. He is generally low on the priority list, but I think he is the 2nd or 3rd 5 star you get a free cover for.
  • Mr_F
    krakenoon said:
    @Mr_F

You left out BSSM. He is generally low on the priority list, but I think he is the 2nd or 3rd 5 star you get a free cover for.

never heard of him as a problem on Kitty/Bishop/Worthy/whatever level so i did not included him.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first two clears on that Hawkeye/HammerCap/Peggy node. I kept mis-judging damage levels or something, and things I thought would be under HammerCap's threshold were just over it. I think it took me seven or eight tries just for those first two clears. See the Best Moment thread for part 2!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got booted out of top 10 placement for the first time this year, I think. I slept for about 2 hours and woke up 30 minutes before the sub ends. I was still feeling groggy and mistimed my clear by 5 minutes.  :D
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvP vs a Prof X team.
    Just a casual 120k dmg cascade. No biggie.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    PvP vs a Prof X team.
    Just a casual 120k dmg cascade. No biggie.
    Onslaught/Prof X/ 5-star Jean Grey in the Black Bolt required node.  They make a match 4 that gets rid of the team-ups, which results in a double match-5, which results in the Forehead of Doom wiping out Okoye and enough AP to cast three or four different abilities the following turn.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Things come in threes, all involving Thor:

1) Trying to get Thor down to 1/2 health I made the boneheaded decision to do it in a wave node and accidentally cleared the first wave thanks to some unbelievable cascades. Then I couldn't figure out why I was in 2nd place in my slice until I remembered that in wave nodes your points are accumulated per wave cleared. Now I have probably messed up my scoring in the most valuable node in the entire event! (Future game feature: self-flagellation button).
    2) Bringing Thorkoye to the Medusa required node and watching cascades magically get Medusa's attack tiles out, then matched, bringing Thor above 1/2 and then struggling to get him back down and keep him down.
    3) Bringing Thorkoye to the Thanos node and not paying attention to the fact that the Infinity Stone I was about to match brought team health to full.

I'm pretty Thor about it all...
  • Borstock
    helix72 said:
    Things come in threes, all involving Thor:

1) Trying to get Thor down to 1/2 health I made the boneheaded decision to do it in a wave node and accidentally cleared the first wave thanks to some unbelievable cascades. Then I couldn't figure out why I was in 2nd place in my slice until I remembered that in wave nodes your points are accumulated per wave cleared. Now I have probably messed up my scoring in the most valuable node in the entire event! (Future game feature: self-flagellation button).
    2) Bringing Thorkoye to the Medusa required node and watching cascades magically get Medusa's attack tiles out, then matched, bringing Thor above 1/2 and then struggling to get him back down and keep him down.
    3) Bringing Thorkoye to the Thanos node and not paying attention to the fact that the Infinity Stone I was about to match brought team health to full.

I'm pretty Thor about it all...
    If it helps, I've done the same thing multiple times. I'm also somewhat famous for forgetting when a sub is 48 hours and doing all the clears. So, you're not alone, friend.
  • sambrookjm
    God Emperor Doom and his two Brawlers in the 5-star essential node.  I get GED down a considerable chunk of health, and then a monstrous cascade for me of nothing but yellow and black matches.  Heals him up fully, and gives him enough AP to shuffle the board with his yellow.  Two crits, one Fallen Favor, and a cascade for his normal match, and down goes my fully healed Okoye (60K health) in one turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Vortex PvP = wall of Juggernaut/R4G teaming up with Kitty/GotG/C4rol, and their common counter: R4G/C4rol/CapWorthy.

I miss Balance of Power.  :'(

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been trying to champ Apocalypse. Had some more tokens and CP to spend today. While I did get another cover for him, it was another black one, making him 11/4/3 now. Sigh. I really don't want to do a cover trade, so I guess I'll have to keep trying.
  • sambrookjm
    We had someone quit our alliance after joining the Galactus Event.  Then someone else joined the alliance, and started up the event with us as well.  Last night, our co-Commander asked if anyone else was doing the event, as he was the only one from the Alliance that had joined up...

Since only the first 20 people that join for an alliance earn the credit for the group, we're down one of our heavy hitters, and he's stuck trying to solo the entire event.  it's looking very unlikely that we'll hit Max Alliance Progression. :(
  • sambrookjm
    OJSP said:
    We had someone quit our alliance after joining the Galactus Event.  Then someone else joined the alliance, and started up the event with us as well.  Last night, our co-Commander asked if anyone else was doing the event, as he was the only one from the Alliance that had joined up...

Since only the first 20 people that join for an alliance earn the credit for the group, we're down one of our heavy hitters, and he's stuck trying to solo the entire event.  it's looking very unlikely that we'll hit Max Alliance Progression. :(
    That’s unfortunate. Perhaps to help your co-commander, the members could move out temporarily and allow other members to join in to help him in the event. It’s hard to get players in to join in the middle of the event, but it might help them beat one or two more rounds.
    So far as I know, once you join an Alliance for an event, you're "stuck" with that group in your alliance.  I don't think you can change from Alliance Group #1 to Alliance Group #2 if more than 20 people join under your alliance.  While that's done to prevent folks from bagging rewards from multiple alliances, in a case like this it's rather annoying.

That being said, if you know how to do that, please let me know.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Been trying to champ Apocalypse. Had some more tokens and CP to spend today. While I did get another cover for him, it was another black one, making him 11/4/3 now. Sigh. I really don't want to do a cover trade, so I guess I'll have to keep trying.
    13/4/3. Sigh again.
  • Borstock
    Had a power outage cost me 800 points in PvP. That was kind've an oof.