Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    chamber44 wrote:
    is there a way to have two accounts on one iPhone? I would love to start over, but I have a Mac and an iPhone. I can't run MPQ on Steam for Mac.

You would need two Facebook accounts, but yeah. Or if you have two devices that can play MPQ, you could play on each of them, just don't sync both to your Facebook (though I do wonder what that would do?)

You can even use an old phone that doesn't have service, just play off the Wi-Fi. I have found that my 1st Gen iPad struggles with the game though.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    is there a way to have two accounts on one iPhone? I would love to start over, but I have a Mac and an iPhone. I can't run MPQ on Steam for Mac.

You would need two Facebook accounts, but yeah. Or if you have two devices that can play MPQ, you could play on each of them, just don't sync both to your Facebook (though I do wonder what that would do?)

You can even use an old phone that doesn't have service, just play off the Wi-Fi. I have found that my 1st Gen iPad struggles with the game though.
    yeah, my iPad 1 can't really play it at all. How do you go about logging out? do you have to delete/reinstall the game every time and then sync it to two different Facebook accounts? that seems like a heap of trouble.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    That answer is floating around here on the forums somewhere. Since I don't have a Facebook, I kinda glossed over it. I just know it is possible.
  • How do I load my backed up save game from facebook?
    The game offers an easily accessible way to save to facebook, but is not very clear on how to load.
  • My wife's iPad has just breathed its last breath. So she installs the game on the iPhone, goes to link it to Facebook and gets a warning about only being able to have the one game linked to her Facebook account or something. The options at this stage are Load or Cancel. She is terrified that selecting load will overwrite her current progress she made with her iPad with this whole warning and isn't willing to risk clicking Load.

So despite a warning, rather than a friendly, say, "Do you want to resume your game saved to Facebook" message, is it indeed safe for her to click load, and will this then transfer everything of her's over to the iPhone?
  • 1. Does the increased damage to mutants boost work for Daken & magneto or was that only meant to affect the created ISO mutants?

2. I thought I could replay one mission a day from the prologue to get a different award but it seems to just to randomly give me 20 ISO sometimes anyway. Is that random or can certain missions only be replayed for different awards with in different intervals?
  • Cobra wrote:
    My wife's iPad has just breathed its last breath. So she installs the game on the iPhone, goes to link it to Facebook and gets a warning about only being able to have the one game linked to her Facebook account or something. The options at this stage are Load or Cancel. She is terrified that selecting load will overwrite her current progress she made with her iPad with this whole warning and isn't willing to risk clicking Load.

So despite a warning, rather than a friendly, say, "Do you want to resume your game saved to Facebook" message, is it indeed safe for her to click load, and will this then transfer everything of her's over to the iPhone?
    You might want to PM IceIX or customer support to find out. I don't know the answer even though I play on my iPhone and iPad. I don't remember how it works the first time you try it. All I know is that playing on one logs you out of the other and vice versa.
  • 1. Does the increased damage to mutants boost work for Daken & magneto or was that only meant to affect the created ISO mutants?

2. I thought I could replay one mission a day from the prologue to get a different award but it seems to just to randomly give me 20 ISO sometimes anyway. Is that random or can certain missions only be replayed for different awards with in different intervals?
    1. The mutant boost should work on anyone considered a mutant so it should work on Daken and Magneto. The ISO created mutants might be affected by the boost but I think the Brotherhood boost was really meant for them. You can always waste a boost and find out. Those boosts are retired now so you won't be seeing them again unless they release a different one under the new boost system.

2. Missions from the Prologue can be played any number of times (unless they have a red check mark). If they have a green check mark, the only reward you will get is 20 ISO. If you have rewards left, you have a 50/50 chance of getting one of those or the 20ISO. I think what you may be thinking of is the Daily Reward Resupply. That you get once a day but depending on when you played the day before, you might not be able to claim it yet. I'm not sure if it's a hard 24hr wait period though.

Hope that helps!
  • Thank you! I was trying to get a storm cover in the prologue and was confused to keep getting 20 ISO. Good to know it's a 50% chance thing!
  • In LRs or other events, are there any other drawbacks to using the Skip option other than the eventual deduction to ISO?
  • Now G+ is working.
    Can we use to make backup like facebook?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone have a list of how many HP it costs for each extra slot in Alliance rosters?
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    In LRs or other events, are there any other drawbacks to using the Skip option other than the eventual deduction to ISO?
    Nope. Skipping simply reduces your ISO bonus. Once it hits -10, it will keep taking -10 ISO from your bank each time you skip until you play a match. If you play a match (win or lose), it will reset to +30. I'm not sure if retreating does the same, but I think it will reset since it's technically a loss.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Does anyone have a list of how many HP it costs for each extra slot in Alliance rosters?
    Each alliance roster spot after the initial 5 costs the following:

Roster Slot * 100HP

Ex:
    slot 6 = 6 * 100HP -> 600HP
    slot 12 = 12 * 100HP -> 1200HP
  • falsep77
    falsep77 Posts: 35
    has anyone figured out how to start over fresh on the PC yet?

I asked on the steam forums and they directed me here.

I see it was mentioned a page back, but it got sidetracked by moving save states to other computers. lol

Help me out, guys? I love this game, but my PC team (Modern Black Widow, Classic Hawkeye, Ragnarok, Daken and Ares) sucks.
  • falsep77 wrote:

I see it was mentioned a page back, but it got sidetracked by moving save states to other computers. lol

Help me out, guys? I love this game, but my PC team (Modern Black Widow, Classic Hawkeye, Ragnarok, Daken and Ares) sucks.
    I would PM IceIX directly or email Customer Service. They might have to reset something for you. The only other thing I can think of is make a new game account/name.
  • falsep77
    falsep77 Posts: 35
    Thanks. I PM'ed him Let's see what he says. I'm itching to actually play and compete....

and after all that unnecessary deleting and selling I did, that squad ain't gonna cut it. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Mondo wrote:
    falsep77 wrote:

I would PM IceIX directly or email Customer Service. They might have to reset something for you. The only other thing I can think of is make a new game account/name.
  • Mondo wrote:
    Nope. Skipping simply reduces your ISO bonus. Once it hits -10, it will keep taking -10 ISO from your bank each time you skip until you play a match. If you play a match (win or lose), it will reset to +30. I'm not sure if retreating does the same, but I think it will reset since it's technically a loss.

Thank you very much for this!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    ^ Also if you have less than 10 ISO and have already skipped more than 4 times, the matchmaking will not allow you to skip at all.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    This is my first post and I am new to these forums. I mainly joined to contact alliances but how do I earn the right to Private Message?

Thanks Pwuz