Onslaught - Psychic Blast Bug

Options
Omegased
Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
Hi,

Not sure if this is strictly a BUG per se but the current way Onslaughts Psychic Blast works, can make it ineffective.

The power works as;
"Onslaught manipulates the enemy's perceptions so they cannot trust anything around them. Pick a tile and, in the chosen tile's row and column, deal xxx damage for every enemy special tile and convert all tiles of the enemy's strongest colour to the enemy's weakest colour." 

Seems basic, but in practice, it can cause problems and you'll choose the wrong tile. the flow now goes;

Choose tile
do DAMAGE for every special tile
check Strongest/weakest colours
change tiles
cascade

the problem with this flow is that if the damage downs a character, the strongest/weakest colours change.

this means that the most powerful part of this move (setting up his green/utilising Profx passive) is broken.

Ideally (but in all honesty, any change would be ideal), the flow should be;

Choose tile
change tiles
cascade

There is another problem with the power too. Against single power goons. It won't change any tiles. Not sure how this can be fixed, but it's frustrating too, as it cripples his move set.

He's an otherwise pretty power character with the right team and it's a shame these parts of his move set seem... broken.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omegased said:

Ideally (but in all honesty, any change would be ideal), the flow should be;

Choose tile
    change tiles
    cascade

The problem with this is that changing the tiles will likely cause matches/cascades (what you personally are hoping for with ProfX) that remove those specials tiles and then you won't get the damage-per-special tile component (I don't think the game has a mechanism to interrupt a change tile->cascade workflow). The damage-per-tile is by far going to be the more common damage component for players since not everyone is teaming him with ProfX.
    I personally would not want to change how his power set works just to fix a an edge case (down an opponent and changes strong/weak colors) when he's teamed with ProfX.
    KGB
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    I personally would not want to change how his power set works just to fix a an edge case (down an opponent and changes strong/weak colors) when he's teamed with ProfX.
    KGB

I agree, however that was the point of my change in order. I have no idea if it's possible, but if it can change the colour of the tiles, THEN do the damage, THEN resolve the cascade, it would work more as intended.

Ideally, check the Strongest/weakest colours BEFORE it does damage. that way a clutch play that was going to hurt multiple opponents, isn't crippled.

The issue is certainly exacerbated in the current PvE as he's boosted so doing insane damage