No Apocalypse Again?

Okay, so D3 eventually added a 4th LL PvE the last time around for Apocalypse in PvE, but leaving him out again in the rotation when he clearly should have been there?  What gives? 

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe when the August sneak peek gets posted, we will see if he is coming up after black bolt. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    They added the 4th Latest 5 PVE one time, and that appears to be a fluke more than a pattern change.

This time we had 3 Latest 5's, Yelena, Killmonger, Onslaught. It's supposed to be a Classic this time (and it is, though it's not supposed to be Black Bolt, but they seem to have completely thrown out the Classic rotation we've had for years).

Why did we get Yelena instead of Apocalypse in the last trio? Absolutely no idea. 

We should get another Classic after Black Bolt, and then Apocalypse should get featured in the next trio of Latest like "normal" (assuming they don't futz with the schedule again between now and then).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yelena being run last time made sure she got 4 times through with actual rewards (new 5's overwrite rewards for essentials) so that people who wanted to play in 10 for all of her runs got a full 1000 shards or two full covers.

My gut feeling right now is that the devs have that as a goal, making sure players in 10 can collect those two colorless covers for each Latest 5 if they want.

Subject to change, of course.
  • loslupus
    loslupus Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    If D3 introduced shards to alliance events, it would save them lots of hassle and complaints. Just insert 5-star, who was skipped during new 5-star event, into next boss event as shard rewards and most will be happy with that. Of course with D3-logic it would require eliminating some other rewards, but sometimes it's nice to break the mold and instead create some goodwill for a change. Improving Strange Sights alliance rewards for subs was good start and it's best to keep the ball rolling.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Also, Apocalypse is a way better char than yelena. So D3 might not want to give shards away just like that
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    loslupus said:
    If D3 introduced shards to alliance events, it would save them lots of hassle and complaints. Just insert 5-star, who was skipped during new 5-star event, into next boss event as shard rewards and most will be happy with that. Of course with D3-logic it would require eliminating some other rewards, but sometimes it's nice to break the mold and instead create some goodwill for a change. Improving Strange Sights alliance rewards for subs was good start and it's best to keep the ball rolling.
    I would be okay with just adding one more level to the boss events.  I would guess most 5 star players are finishing way early if they have a decent alliance.  Make it hard.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Apocalypse is 4/3/4 with 350 shards saved so im itching to finish him before he leaves but all this skipping over him is making me anxious :neutral:
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i decided to try to champ him today. was at 10 covers. took about 35 pulls. ended up with 2 covers out of the 4 5* i pulled, plus enough shards for the last cover. i figured it's probably best to get him to at least 450 before he's gone.