Who is today's fastest PVE clear team?

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    For me, I divide into early rounds, tile movers, non-tile movers.

Early Rounds : 5Thanos / 4Rocket / MeatShield
    Tile Movers : Thor (half)/Okoye/PX5
    Non-Tile Movers : 5Thanos / 4Rocket / Kitty

If you have him, can get him leveled up, you'll get a lot faster and less costly work out of 4* Jugg+4*Grocket+other low-level GotG member. Mostly 1-hit KOs and no healthpacks required on the easy nodes.
    Thanks for the tip.  Yep, I do have a champed Juggs but never use him.  Will give that a shot tomorrow.  Appreciate it.

Make sure to only match a color that J is tanking and you'll be set. I can confirm that a maxed Grocket (with a GotG buddy) with a J at ~326 is strong enough to one-shot even the Maggia Don with the splash damage in CL10.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you put a support on Juggernaut to increase match damage on his off colors it can help him tank more than just his core 3
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    In lower levels 1-8 SCL. Juggs, Grocket, Gamora are my fastest. In 9-10 SCL I use Hulkoye with either Apocalypse or 2099. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I used Thor-pocalypse with BRB in the middle for this sub of Wakanda Forever and it was pretty reliable for SCL10. Not sure it was ultra fast, but I didn’t need much health.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    For me, I divide into early rounds, tile movers, non-tile movers.

Early Rounds : 5Thanos / 4Rocket / MeatShield
    Tile Movers : Thor (half)/Okoye/PX5
    Non-Tile Movers : 5Thanos / 4Rocket / Kitty
    I think 2099 is faster for hard nodes as a third wheel to okoye, though prof x is very good.  2099 takes a few rounds to get going because you need to collect teamup and then chase black/yellow/blue.  But he adds passive proc'ing of okoye on match3s, has a decent stun, and a 5-hit ability for 8ap.  And he doesn't tank anything unless boosted. It's a slightly better complimentary kit than proc x, IMO.
    For non tile movers, I sometimes like to use 3* strange (great against mindless ones). He also doesn't tank anything, has an awesome stun, and a fantastic passive.

Also, I second the juggs + grocket + rando gotg member for trivial nodes.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a player returning from a nice long hiatus, I don't have any of the latest and greatest meta 4 or 5-stars significantly covered, so I'm old-schooling it to get the fastest clears I can in SCL8 right now. They're getting me T15 finishes which I am happy enough with for now as I get back into the groove. (It's nice to see some of my old stand-bys are still in the meta, like Kitty and Okoye.)

Easy Nodes: I just use 2 throw-away champed 5-stars that give me full rainbow coverage (like lumbercap + fatpin, or 5widow + cable) and then team them with 3thanos (my 5thanos isn't well covered). One match and Court Death takes care of the rest. I don't care about the Court Death damage to my 5-stars because I won't use them in any of the harder nodes (unless required).

Hard Nodes: If there are two or more goons who don't move tiles I just use kitty, grocket & medusa. Against two or more tiles-movers I use okoye, grocket, and medusa. I mix in 3strange once in a while with okoye/medusa against extreme spammers, like symbiotes, ninjas, or mindless ones.

Required Nodes: I almost exclusively use okoye + medusa in these. A bad board without any yellow or team-up tiles can really slow me down here, and it's probably where I lose the most time. If I know I'm going to be taking some shots every turn, I'll swap in bishop for medusa and let him get up to his antics, but his squishy health can only take so much and I have to go back to a combo where okoye can tank everything and heal with her yellow.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    I used to run 2099 a little bit, but he isn't very high leveled on my roster
    You should really look into 2099 again.  He is so good paired with Thorkoye.  even with your half built Thor, as long as you got the greens that's all that is important.

my 2099 is only 274 and I use him all the time for second half PVE, especially tile movers because it stresses me out to see them start knocking out all of Kitty's strike tiles.  
    I use him in Season Simulator for pretty much the whole time, because I am playing for wins and I think he attracts a lot of counter attacks.  He's rips thru a lot of fights.  one thing that's great about him is that it gives an outlet to Okoye's tanked blue and black.  that black is pretty much a game over the turn after you get it on the board.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Apocalypse burns the black outlet for me, it's just the blue I get stuck with. Thorkoye/apocalypse is pretty fast if you use Apocalypse's yellow first, then Okoye from then on out, because every attack is multi-hit, multi-boosted, or AOE, and Thor gathers the AP very fast. 
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Okoye/IHulk/whatever.   That’s it. 

If your Okoye has Talon Fighter support, then yellow becomes strongest color (instead of black), and you can use Valkyrie to generate more yellow every time IHulk passive triggers (which allows Okoye to constantly heal and build up TU AP really fast).  -That’s my go-to team for any node.  Otherwise, it’s Okoye/IHulk/Essential 
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Also, if you get enough AP to fire Valkyrie’s  Red when boosted by Okoye passive, it can do over 100K damage (and keeps going even when a character dies). 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rosraf said:
    Okoye/IHulk/whatever.   That’s it. 

If your Okoye has Talon Fighter support, then yellow becomes strongest color (instead of black), and you can use Valkyrie to generate more yellow every time IHulk passive triggers (which allows Okoye to constantly heal and build up TU AP really fast).  -That’s my go-to team for any node.  Otherwise, it’s Okoye/IHulk/Essential 

The RTF needs to be at least Lvl4, tho, which is a bit rarer than just having it at all.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    for what it's worth, I do have a 4* RTF on my Okoye. I'll have to try that team and see if it's faster than Thorkoye-pocalypse for me. My Valkyrie is decent at 321 from chasing Thor.
  • Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Is spiderman 2099 still the best partner for hulkoye? Or is Polaris a better option?
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I am always using Gritty with Juggs4* or Gritty with Polaris 
    I play SCL10, just because the rewards are nice, not competitive for placement.

but

“If you have him, can get him leveled up, you'll get a lot faster and less costly work out of 4* Jugg+4*Grocket+other low-level GotG member” 

never thought about that combo with a weak 3* Guardian of the Galaxy on low level nodes,
    lets try!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Is spiderman 2099 still the best partner for hulkoye? Or is Polaris a better option?
    I've switched over to ThorKoye-2099, but i'm curious how much, if at all, difference Ghostpool will be in that role once I get more covers on him. I don't love running 4*s around Hulk personally, they tend to get stomped out more often than I'd like.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    I'm curious about SCL 9.

I wonder which of these will be faster in a pick 3, assuming,

1) Thanos and R4G/GotG
    2) Thorkoye and Sabretooth/2099 
    3) iHulkoye and ??
    4) Thorpocalypse and ??

And in a pick 2:
    1) Thanos and R4G
    2) Thorokoye
    3) iHulkoye
    4) Thorpocalypse

Are there any other teams?

• Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I'm curious about SCL 9.

I wonder which of these will be faster in a pick 3, assuming,

1) Thanos and R4G/GotG
    2) Thorkoye and Sabretooth/2099 
    3) iHulkoye and ??
    4) Thorpocalypse and ??

And in a pick 2:
    1) Thanos and R4G
    2) Thorokoye
    3) iHulkoye
    4) Thorpocalypse

Are there any other teams?

I have been running rocket, juggernaut and Polaris in cl8/9 recently and I easily get t10 using them. Doing cl10 for the current event and the one after giving magneto shards, I'm using ihulk and okoye, just not sure who the best 3rd is.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I like Profe$$or X (5*) in the midst of Hulkoye to really capitalize on cascades personally. Polaris I'd be worried would flood all my greens with whatever specials were around accidentally and/or die too fast. I'd probably bring Medusa or some other auto damage with less danger of a board flood.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Borstock said:
    I play SCL9 and my fastest team is iHulk+Okoye+Thano3.
    This my Easy node clear team in SCL10. Health pools are high enough to leave Thano3 out of the hard nodes. It also somewhat leave Juggs and company behind as you won’t always be able to get the whole team in one hit. iHulk’s match damage into 3* Thanos can.

If we are talking SCL10:

1) Supports are CRUCIAL to speed. I would rely on anything that starts the battle with yellow as you will lean on Okoye (or Apoc), but Okoye’s ceiling is much higher. 
    2) Hulkoye is by far faster than any other pick-2. I have Okoye’s talon fighter attached to her for an extremely efficient Okoye. I have Korg attached to iHulk currently. SP//DR will be better. Focus on +Yellow at start of battle to get Okoye rolling faster.

3) I partition skillsets of characters for certain enemies and work them into my team if possible and without losing my lynchpin, Okoye. This can accelerate your speed during Pick-3 hard nodes or even loaner nodes. This means also attaching supports to assist Okoye. 
    ** As stated, Apoc can be your booster, but Okoye with RTF will cost less in healthpacks and has a higher ceiling.**
    **iHulk/ Okoye is hard to beat on timing. Ideal conditions, Guaranteed team damage boosted...not much faster than that**
    -Yelena (5*) is great against sentries as they have no outlet for all that AP they gather and her passive will proc every turn

- Dr. Strange is so clutch vs. Mindless ones. Same process as above.

- 5* Professor X is my go-to third wheel in pick-3 Hard Nodes. Purple can add green tiles to the board to keep iHulk going while hitting with team damage, while also being one of the cascade-kings that will set is passive off a ton. Perfect single targeter for your iHulk AOE.

- Polaris is so effective vs. any special tile creator and will do turn damage. Carbage makes a good third in some cases over iHulk for the extra match thus proccing extra Polaris damage. Be aware: Polaris, Carbage, and iHulk have diminishing returns as the board floods out his Green Door over time.

-Medusa/Thano3 combo can still be effective, (probably fastest in scl9), but has low health for scl10. Medusa provides the ever-needed boosted tick damage via her cd tile and thano3 is your team damage proc. Still not as fast as just going Hulkoye. 
    -Juggs/ R&G/third Guardian or Kitty. Never had to rely on this. Juggs is your team damager and the others are the boosters.

4) Challenge Nodes / 5E: 
    If you aren’t a L550 player, speed would be nice, but survival is probably more apt here, haha.
    ===========================≠
    My setup:

Easy Nodes: Hulkoye/Thano3
    Hard Nodes: Hulkoye/Profx 
    Essential Nodes: Hulkoye or Okoye + Situational character (mentioned above)

I would love to hear what others use for speed as I feel I could be missing something. Thanks
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    I honestly like seeing this topic.  The meta DOES change here and there, and people are always discovering new stuff.

I need to do more work with Hulkoye, honestly.  I only got 5 covers in iHulk, but at least there's one in each color.  I'm not sure who I'd put in the 3rd slot in such a team.

Thankfully, I do have a rank 4 SP//DR that's already on iHulk for just this situation.  :)