SCL10 Mission Changes

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Michael1957 @Bad

This seems about normal for me, maybe a little harder (I am not quite T50 this time around after missing some clears).  Strange Sights is always weird because there are 3 doors, so sometimes you get more people in one over another and if you pick the odd door you can get high placement because all the other people who are trying hard went elsewhere.  Also, your actual slice could determine how competitive things are.

The end rewards are....Hellcat and Onslaught?  So I could understand for SS if people aren't pushing for placement very hard.  Neither one is very important to anyone's play.  Onslaught is kind of fun as a 3rd with Thorkoye but is so far completely nonexistent in my PVP Qs.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Well next event will be exciting to see how many going to 10.   These ac nodes are brutal.  

Great synopsis ;)

I‘ll simply do my 3x hits, skip the CN, get prog a day early due to messed up pts and enjoy my life. Cage and Bolt are not worth the hassle to do full clears. I‘m always happy when rewards are passable so I have 90 mins more of „me-time“ instead of passive-aggressively matching through a slog of 800k healthpools.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well next event will be exciting to see how many going to 10.   These C nodes are brutal.  

I will go just for onslaught shards. You can never know if one colorless cover will champ him in hist last week. But surely I will do progression 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Rockett, your roster is truly beastly to get 3 moves against challenge node gritty.  My baby champ HE can surive 2 turns IF the ai makes one match3 per turn with no cascades and I can match away some strikes.  If there is a cascade my HE is lucky to survive the first turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    He has three top tier characters @ 550. I would love to have those three characters.  :D
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Vhailorx said:
    Rockett, your roster is truly beastly to get 3 moves against challenge node gritty.  My baby champ HE can surive 2 turns IF the ai makes one match3 per turn with no cascades and I can match away some strikes.  If there is a cascade my HE is lucky to survive the first turn.
    He hoarded and got 550s for....iHulk, Apocalypse, and Yelena.  He also has a 550 Okoye, and a 534 Thor.  Also a 503 Gambit......   Poor Gambit.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    I was just making a comment about how nasty this will get.  I will not kill it in 3 moves, saying you will die in like 3 moves.   It was more in jest. I 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I agree , if I can survive this event, not optimistic , I’ll know where I stand . I’ll learn my limitations but only doing minimal progression 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 4 
    Kitty, Gamora, Rockett and Groot 
    “You have 3 moves or you are dead”

BSSM: "Am I a joke to you?!"
  • dmason20
    dmason20 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that no one was playing SCL10. Every time I played, each was maxed out to 1000 players. I typically finished in top 500, because I don't play every single level, and there were loads of people in there. I don't have a solid roster to use, so I was only playing SCL10 for the 4* cover, which was now moved later in the progression.
    In fact, having the 4* cover at a lower reward had me playing more than I was before that.
    So for me, this change is forcing me to play more for the same reward. 

Keep the 4* at a lower reward, and that might keep more people playing up a level. 
  • samuelo767
    samuelo767 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    IceIX said:

[...] We would like to make playing in SCL 10 attractive to more players so we are making some quality of life changes to SCL 10. 

[...]

[...] but also for players that are crushing it to not take quite so much real world time in doing so.

I have a medium-low roster and usually played CL9. I have moved to CL10 and have struggled for FfW and SS, and while I wouldnt mind loosing some points what i cant stand is the excessive time it takes to grind. Its more than 1.5 hours (and these events are not very difficult, will see this CC, but I expect it to be worse) and then add appox.1 hour to clear the next sub. It's simply too much time.

If you want to make this CL10 more attractive to more people you have to consider the smaller rosters. The changes done are not enough to make it more attractive. It's true that shards and rewards are better, but if it takes 2.5 hours or more everyday to play for PVE, i will go back to CL9. 

In my view, you have two alternatives: you remove one grind instead of one clear or you make it easier so that it's faster.  

I really hope you can consider this, I would like to play competitively in CL10, and know many that would as well.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    I was just making a comment about how nasty this will get.  I will not kill it in 3 moves, saying you will die in like 3 moves.   It was more in jest. I 

I too was just joking. I understood your point; I was just noting that even surviving until turn 3 is an indication of how strong your roster is!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It happens that this is the first time Im playing just for progression on scl10. So relaxing! 12 hours passed and still I dont have 3 clears on all nodes. It feels like holidays for me.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    It happens that this is the first time Im playing just for progression on scl10. So relaxing! 12 hours passed and still I dont have 3 clears on all nodes. It feels like holidays for me.
    I knew this event would be insane in SCL 10 without multi metas. But I am loving the challenge, it might take me all day though . I was happy to do 2 nodes per sub .
  • dmason20
    dmason20 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    dmason20 said:
    I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that no one was playing SCL10. Every time I played, each was maxed out to 1000 players. I typically finished in top 500, because I don't play every single level, and there were loads of people in there. I don't have a solid roster to use, so I was only playing SCL10 for the 4* cover, which was now moved later in the progression.
    In fact, having the 4* cover at a lower reward had me playing more than I was before that.
    So for me, this change is forcing me to play more for the same reward. 

Keep the 4* at a lower reward, and that might keep more people playing up a level. 
    I don't think people have said "no one was playing SCL10".  As you probably know, there are 5 ending times for each PVE; we refer to them as slices, 1 being the first end time, through 5 being the final one.

Slices 1 and 5 typically fill up once with 1000 players (we look at each filled group as a full bracket) and then another group of players joins.  Slice 5 sometimes fills up twice (hadn't been doing so very often).  The middle slices - 2 through 4 - usually finish out with about 800-900 players in each one, not filling one bracket all the way.

So basically we have had 2-3 full brackets for about 3000 players, 3 more at about, say, 900 average each, and then a couple more partials to maybe add another 500 on average?.  So about 6200-6500 players in 10 before now.

Only the devs know if these numbers are what they expect based on how many players are over SR120 and active in PVE.  I do know a lot of players have said that SCL10 took too long to play (it's still a lot at the moment); many said they were feeling burnt out by what feels like a need to keep up with releases coming more quickly and the extra time in SCL10 being a hurdle/annoyance there.

I agree that moving the 4 back further was bad for many players, but also understand a bit why they did it. I keep wondering why it's taking so long to get the cover.....
    Thanks for the detailed explanation! I didn't know they were called "slices". Good to know!

• Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    As a player trying to crack into top 20 of my alliance for better rewards, I'm now nailed into CL10.  I have all baby champs, and the puzzle aspect is actually fun.  That being said, I wont even be attempting the challenge nodes on grind for days 1 or 2 of cosmic chaos, and probably not days 3 or 4.  I like the shorter open, but it just means I can only do 2 clears of some nodes instead of 3.  

It never made sense to have cl9 and 10 worth the same, but shorter 10 and more points seems like an overcorrection.  I'll still take it, but there's a painful aspect to knowing I'm pretty much locked either into 10 if I'm trying to bridge the gap
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2020
    So I tried SCL10 instead of SCL9 to be a team player and help the alliance.  and.. it takes up so much more time that it is painful.  I can't even express the frustration that is involved as well as the quality of life reduction.  The time consumption it take is brutal.  I don't have 550's or the heavily desired supports.at the right rank.     Perhaps this is meant for people who have one or the other, or perhaps both.  All I know, is too much grinding, means possible burn out.

• BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I find this whole discussion strange in a way. Recently I have the feeling there are more and more events where I loose fights at the 5* node even on 9. So 10 would mean that I can be sure not to get max. points and loose so many health packs in trying that I can not play pvp at all - until a few weeks ago I needed health packs mainly in pvp.
    A few minutes faster at the easy nodes are not changing anything for me in such a situation.

What I think would make more sense would be to make 10 like 9 but just with higher levels to fight. And save the crazy combinations for a new event similar to DDQ but with some really challenging nodes.