**** Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) ****

124»

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I’m not sure I would be using anti-venom’s black and red if he was on a team with apocalypse. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Rhipf said:
    I am REALLY getting tired of all these normally stunable characters gaining stun resistance for certain node of various events. I find it especially strange to add an anti-stun ability to a character in one or two nodes of their introduction event. If you don't want us to be able to stun a character then add that to their normal abilities otherwise lay off with adding unstunable abilities for one or two nodes only.
    The same can be said for temporary abilities blocking a character from going airborne.

Why? I mean it's just used for training nodes in intro events where there is no or next to no consequence for losing (you get loaners if you want).
    If it bothers you so much, just think of the temporary ability as the character having a support that grants stun / airborne immunity :wink:
    KGB
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today I ran Anti-Venom with Cardusa in that final wave node, just because I felt like it.  I knew (pretty much) that the healing wouldn't trigger Abs passive but why not?

Anyway so there I was, AV all healed up (my 370s tanking most colors) and I had enough red to fire his thing.  Seemed better than Carnage's red at the time.  No web tiles on the board.

Guess what happened?

NOTHING.

No healing (full health, yo!).  No dmg from passive.  No web tiles destroyed.  Just burned the AP for NOTHING.

Sorry, he's just not very good and I sure as shootin' won't be running him with Apocalypse and using AV's powers.....
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Sorry, he's just not very good and I sure as shootin' won't be running him with Apocalypse and using AV's powers.....
    Depending if you want healing or not... because I can say that yellow apocalypse increases healing points and increases passive damage. 
    And I must correct if AV heals more he damages more.
    So adding strike tiles and a champed apoc he can do some good things party healing with black.
    Dealing 30k damage aprox.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now the only use I can see for him is as a self-healing tank in 4* land. Even with just burst healing that would still be useful when playing above your roster weight.  But even then he is only useful if he significantly tankier than existing options.  Is his healing better than, say, c&D's passive healing?  Or Jugg's 90% DR?  I am a little skeptical.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Well, if they ever bring feeders back (big if), he’s almost definitely going to
    be Carnage’s feeder, so there is that.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    Rhipf said:
    I am REALLY getting tired of all these normally stunable characters gaining stun resistance for certain node of various events. I find it especially strange to add an anti-stun ability to a character in one or two nodes of their introduction event. If you don't want us to be able to stun a character then add that to their normal abilities otherwise lay off with adding unstunable abilities for one or two nodes only.
    The same can be said for temporary abilities blocking a character from going airborne.

Why? I mean it's just used for training nodes in intro events where there is no or next to no consequence for losing (you get loaners if you want).
    If it bothers you so much, just think of the temporary ability as the character having a support that grants stun / airborne immunity :wink:
    KGB
    The only time I was bothered by the stun immunity was when it was a 1v1 fight and the opponent was still able to stun me. That felt cheesy.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    KGB

If it was limited to just the introduction events it wouldn't be such a big deal but this seems to creep into unexpected places.
    It is also a bit strange in an introduction event that is designed to introduce you to the skill set of a new character to add extra abilities to the character that it wouldn't have in everyday use.
    If there actually was a support that added stun/airborne immunity I guess I wouldn't have as much of a problem with adding this ability to characters just for events.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    KGB said:
    KGB

If it was limited to just the introduction events it wouldn't be such a big deal but this seems to creep into unexpected places.
    It is also a bit strange in an introduction event that is designed to introduce you to the skill set of a new character to add extra abilities to the character that it wouldn't have in everyday use.
    If there actually was a support that added stun/airborne immunity I guess I wouldn't have as much of a problem with adding this ability to characters just for events.
    The alternative is that they DO let you stun, and the fight becomes so trivial that it's pointless, and they might as well remove it entirely.

Stun is a mechanic designed around 3v3 fights, and isn't balanced for 1v1 fights, so they make solo characters like that stun immune so that 1v1 fights actually have a reason to exist.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Rhipf said:
    The Soul Stone does that.
    "Special (Championed Character) - On turn start, 10% chance to make a 3-turn Countdown tile making the supported character immune to Stun and Airborne."

I mean everyone has a Soul Stone by now, right?
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    OJSP said:
    Rhipf said:
    The Soul Stone does that.
    "Special (Championed Character) - On turn start, 10% chance to make a 3-turn Countdown tile making the supported character immune to Stun and Airborne."

I mean everyone has a Soul Stone by now, right?
    I’m not arguing about the availability. I was just saying there IS a support that does that.

Although to be fair there is only a 10% chance that the character will become immune to stun and I assume it is only during the 3 turn countdown (unlike the full fight immunity they like to add to opponents).
    If the 1vs1 fights are so imbalanced that you need to add a stun immunity then limit the fights to only characters that don't have a stun ability and you won't have to artificially add stun immunity to a character that doesn't usually have such abilities.
    P.S. I didn't realize the Soul Stone had even a temporary stun immunity.
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I think a decent buff to Anit-Venom would be to make it so any excess healing he does still deals damage. For example, if his black power heals for 1000 health, and one of his allies has only lost 500 health, it would still deal the full 1000 damage. Maybe an even better buff would be any healing past 100% of an ally's health deals 150% damage or 200% damage. This wouldn't make him top tier by any means but I certainly think it would make him more fun.