New tri color pw without blue

I think it's time for some tri color Planeswalker that doesn't include blue.  Think about  Tamiyo Green, Red and White. Tammy with direct damage and Ember leave.  Nicholas Bolas White, black red.  Using deploy the gatewatch or control cards like hixus prison.  Sarkahn with green red black.  Using grave titan and reanimated cards like living death. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I might actually pay cash for a green/white/red PW. It is mind-boggling to me that every tri-colored PW has blue, the color that is typically considered to be the strongest in the game. 
  • Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2020
    Green/White/Black, Green/White/Red, Green/Red/Black, Green/Blue/black, Red/White/Black, Blue/White/Black. 6 more tricolor options still available. I'd like to see Red/White/Black or Green/White/Black next. Why they decided to make 3 Nicol Bolas Red/Blue/Black before deciding to make 2 other tricolor option PWs following the original Nicol Bolas, really doesn't make any sense to me. I get that stretching out the release of new tricolor options for planeswalkers is good to not allow every possible combo to unfold right away, but it is neccessary to gradually release the new color options in a timely fashion, not 5 years later... or longer... (Looks at watch)...They made 3 Bolas so they can surely make 3 of each tricolor option with new interesting abilities so that sales don't plummet. Let's make it happen D3GO and Oktagon!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Green/White/Black, Green/White/Red, Green/Red/Black, Green/Blue/black, Red/White/Black, Blue/White/Black. 6 more tricolor options still available. I'd like to see Red/White/Black or Green/White/Black next. Why they decided to make 3 Nicol Bolas Red/Blue/Black before deciding to make 2 other tricolor option PWs following the original Nicol Bolas, really doesn't make any sense to me. I get that stretching out the release of new tricolor options for planeswalkers is good to not allow every possible combo to unfold right away, but it is neccessary to gradually release the new color options in a timely fashion, not 5 years later... or longer... (Looks at watch)...They made 3 Bolas so they can surely make 3 of each tricolor option with new interesting abilities so that sales don't plummet. Let's make it happen D3GO and Oktagon!
    They made 3 UBR Bolas walkers because that's what the paper game has released in that time.

There aren't many triocolor walkers in paper and Oktagon/D3 has told us that they don't really have the freedom to invent new characters and cards just for PQ.

There are currently:
    0 GRW walkers
    1 RGB walkers
    0 RBW walkers
    0 BWG walkers

So theoretically we could get a Lord Windgrace (Red/Green/Black) planeswalker, but at this time no other non-blue tricolor combination
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Thanks Mburn!
    I don't keep up with the paper game at all, so my thinking is strictly limited to PQ. The way I understand it, they are supposed to stick to the paper game with some limited functional adaptations. Maybe some day WotC will throw us a bone. I won't hold my breath.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    critman said:
    A non blue tri color PW is going to have to be STELLAR to make up for the fact that he can't play with the most broken cards in the game.

I dunno, I think any tricolor is insanely powerful in this game.  And as long as you have Green there are enough ways to win it shouldn't matter (I personally hope for a RGW walker so I can HUF Deploy a Gaia or 4, but that's just me)