SCL 10 Kraven, Carnage and Sabretooth

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogue and Juggernaut take full damage from attack tiles. 

Half health Thor, Riri and a third (tank) could be interesting. The last time I played SCL 10 was during the first run of Venom Bomb. Those attack tiles were a killer. Put Kraven in and it's even worst.
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I had to resort to HCap, Hawkeye, and Colston for clears 4-6. It is slow due to my Hawkeye being at 8 covers.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    I did clear 2 with CapHawk + Apocalypse, but wiped on clear three because I couldn’t get yellow down soon enough. Once my health refreshes I’ll swap wCap for Iceman and see what that feels like.
    Are 4* even healthy enough to last more than a few rounds in sub 3? I tried Rogue, Bishop , Juggs, all died in 3 moves . Didn’t try MCapHammer. DPXF worked because he doesn’t jump in front . 
    When boosted, some 4*s can survive a few rounds on the weaker challenge nodes. Unboosted 4*s other than juggs have no chance to survive if you leave them out front.  On the very hardest nodes (e.g., gritty, or carnage, or royal family), your tanking character will generally take 25-50k damage on the first turn.  Very few baby champ 5*s can even handle that.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    atomzed said:
    I had a tough time with Kraven + carnage in the last FFW, because I was relying on Britty. Which is a bad idea because Kraven just straight up to 10k damage per turn. And Britty damage was poor. 

But now with apocalypse + Thor + Brb, my damage output is much higher. Though I still take 10k damage I could kill off Kraven in a few rounds. Though I still need to use one health pack per match, it was an improvement. 
    Are you in cl9?  Kraven does ~25k per turn at level 650.
    I am in CL10.

But I didn’t realise he was doing 25k!

Somehow I just made it 3 clears. (I would have upload a screenshot of my clear but tinypic is down and I don’t know any other way of posting a pic on to the forum. Anyone has any tip?)
  • Vhailorx
    atomzed said:
    Vhailorx said:
    atomzed said:
    I had a tough time with Kraven + carnage in the last FFW, because I was relying on Britty. Which is a bad idea because Kraven just straight up to 10k damage per turn. And Britty damage was poor. 

But now with apocalypse + Thor + Brb, my damage output is much higher. Though I still take 10k damage I could kill off Kraven in a few rounds. Though I still need to use one health pack per match, it was an improvement. 
    I am in CL10.

Somehow I just made it 3 clears. (I would have upload a screenshot of my clear but tinypic is down and I don’t know any other way of posting a pic on to the forum. Anyone has any tip?)

He only does that much if you do clears 4+. So if you only did the first 3 clears it makes sense that you never saw him hit that hard.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did clears 3+4 with Vulture/iHulk/random 5*and +4 black AP
  • Vhailorx
    A great strategy for the 6 dozen players with champed IHs!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    atomzed said:
    Vhailorx said:
    atomzed said:

I am in CL10.

He only does that much if you do clears 4+. So if you only did the first 3 clears it makes sense that you never saw him hit that hard.
    I only aim for progression, so it saved me the heart pain of the final grind. It would have been awful trying to clear the CN for grind. 

However I still think that CN give me a different perspective of a good character. I never expect Kraven to be scary. Similarly, that Sim CN of sinister + Medusa + ??? was so frustrating. While Medusa was doing the heavy lifting, sinister was really difficult to go up against. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    A great strategy for the 6 dozen players with champed IHs!
    Vulture/iHulk/Apoc got me four clears. Apoc is a good enough tank that he mostly bought me enough time to get Vulture up in the air. I think it might still be doable with an un-champed iHulk, but it would take way longer if Vulture had to do the heavy lifting. Might not be able to get enough black to keep him up.
    Also, I had a Got Your Six team-up that gave me an extra option to get Vulture aloft.
    Even so, iHulk died 40 times in the 4th clear alone. The peak was 5 times in one turn: Think Like the Enemy, Symbiote Scythes, Carnage Rules, Happy Birthday Runt, and the attac tiles. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Didn't mean to give that out as a "let them eat cake" response, it's just the team I had to run lol. I did iHulk/Vulture/Doom first to help black aquisition, then switched to Carbage to see if his extra turn would help for the same reasons. I'd just alternate chasing black or using iHulk's red - it was a LOT of health to chew through and wasn't fast. My experience was similar to @TPF Alexis 's where hulk would die and revive several times per turn. Vulture was barely hanging on after taking one match and an attack tile hit on turn 1 as well.

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Ir0nF1sh said:
    Do you even test these things before you release them. I know it’s supposed to be hard but this is just ridiculous! Their health is 3 to 4 times more and it takes nearly a full team to take down 1. 
    Lots of players did it. If you can't just go to cl9... 
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Tangential point, but can this trio officially be called Cravertooth?  I for one like it!