SCL10 Mission Changes

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update:

Sub 2 clear: 21 mins (4-5 mins quicker maybe)

Sub 2 grind:  35 mins (went too quick and could have done 32) saved no time exactly has before. 

Sub 3 clear:   19 mins (about 4-5 minutes quicker if that). 

Will update for the full event at end.  Again the end grind is still the same which is the drag.  
    Do you just get that speed from boosting + a high level okoye for damage, or do you mix and match teams to optimize your in-match time for each node?
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    A lvl 550 okoye, apoc and ihulk says Hi.

you only have to hoard for 1,5 years with 2-3hr daily playe or spend 30.000$ and you‘re in :)
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Update:

Sub 2 clear: 21 mins (4-5 mins quicker maybe)

Sub 2 grind:  35 mins (went too quick and could have done 32) saved no time exactly has before. 

Sub 3 clear:   19 mins (about 4-5 minutes quicker if that). 

Will update for the full event at end.  Again the end grind is still the same which is the drag.  
    Perhaps what you should really be asking is scl11
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Baby 5 star champs here, playing to progx1.2 or a bit more. Top 100 pve alliance.

I played on 10 for a while and I have the meta characters but it just ate up too much time. Playing on 9 now and this change will not get me back.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    This change is great for a casual player only going for progression.  I can do 3 clears of each node, and a fourth clear of the easy nodes and get progression.  This saves me nearly 15-20 minutes per day (minimum estimate, perhaps more time saved on certain subs) so far as I don't need to do 4 clears like the old system.  I had quit playing the game for over a month except for playing DPD and saw my alliance mention the changes.  This brought me back into playing PvE again as I can get the same rewards and invest less time into the game, I may begin to play again on a regular basis.

I know the impact on competitive placement players may be very different but as a casual progression only player this change is a big plus.  Well worth the minor loss of 50 4* shards and a bit of iso.  

Also less matches will generally mean less health pack needs, a small benefit, but still a benefit.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    We need to know if the current points difference between scl 9 and 10 will be adjusted or remain as it is now. Before next event starts, please. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mrcl25 said:
    We need to know if the current points difference between scl 9 and 10 will be adjusted or remain as it is now. Before next event starts, please. 
    Assume nothing will change for a few weeks.  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Update 
    Sub 3:
    clear: 20 mins 
    Grind: 35 mins....missed. 
    Sub 4:
    clear: 21 mins 
    That C node was just killer and could not get anything going. I needed 38 mins. 

To be clear, if this is the change they want to keep, that’s fine.  I think the points between 9 and 10 need to be addressed.  At this point, that is my biggest issue and concern.  Top end ally’s will have issues people playing in SL10, which will lead to people being mad since they cannot get the same rewards they were before from and alliance scope, people might not be able to handle the C node (just wait until SIM SL10 C nodes),people that were 9 and move to 10 will get burnt out with this point difference move, this will then get less people to play 10.  The biggest issue for 10, as many started before is the C node and having to clear that 6 or 7 (old way) times.  650 characters are not easy to go against, and yes I am a 550 player and can still have issues with them.  
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I am one of those baby5 rosters:
    I am a discretionary spender that has mostly stopped altogether(and spent on other games with similar licenses btw): I bought that 5$ deal a few weeks ago honestly just because I wanted to spend something on the game and everything else they offer was/is insulting.
    I cannot engage in PvP because roster is too weak and I am just a packet of jam n jelly to be nomnom points for everyone else.
    I qualify for SCL10 and can sometimes do the challenge node, Yet never play through to progression because of the time cost. I have almost no interest in 5*shards because I have been burnt every way that was predicted it would burn transitioning players and only played in SCL10 because the time to get a 4*cover was about as much as SCL7prog but being able to sometimes get the extra bump from that Challenge node made it worth it to play at my max possible. And it was fun again because I had to actually play the game and couldn’t blind match grind my way through.
    So they moved the 4*cover waaaay back in rewards, they bent the rate at which scaling will block my progress, they removed rewards!!!!THEY REMOVED REWARDS!!! they stealth/late announced it, its buggy as hell- all typical.
    So then this is going to entice me to play? or pay?
    They have chosen the mad exploitation gaming model of the late aughts and have doubled down and shown their colours at every turn. What kind of dumb goofs do they take us for: Gawrsh, hyuk, I feel so trapped by my desire to gain status from the game I spent a lot of money on I will just keep paying at 2012 economic rate. I sure am tempted to buy that Talos deal so I can better keep up in SCL10!!!
     Well, wait actually that is pretty good reason, plus the urge to collect, i’m a fanboi, Talos was funny in that movie...dangnabit D3 you win again!!
  • Bad
     Rockett is saving maybe 4-5 minutes while Bad is saving 40 (!?) by not having to do that last opening clear (which I kind of question... but I digress). 

This time I had the required 5* now champed and I cant be accurate, but the 4th clear on all nodes depending the challenge  it can take me 30 m. Before champing sone 5* I have now, 40.purplemur said:
    I cannot engage in PvP because roster is too weak and I am just a packet of jam n jelly to be nomnom points for everyone else.
    Mostly you cant stand the last part. Because AI is dumb enough for winning 75 battles and those cps,if you can engage pvp scl10. 
    I am not so strong to gain 1200 points, or so few times I could did it.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Somebody said when cl10 was first rolled out that this might be the closest we ever get to a "pure progression" PvE. 

That makes sense to me, when you look and see that the rewards for finishing 21st are not materially different from finishing 100th ... and, in fact, not crazy different (shardwise) from finishing 300th.  There's not much incentive to do more than initial clears IF you are not playing for placement.

And so this recent change definitely seems to play into that, based not only on my personal experience as a progression player but also on a number of comments from other progression players sprinkled throughout this thread.

If what they were after was making progression easier in an event type that is primarily geared toward progression, they have definitely succeeded in that.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    As a neophyte to SCL 10, extrapolated to finish 50-100, what is the best slice to play in 10? Which slices flip ?  There doesn’t seem to be as many players in 10 since I’m not grinding for placement and can still finish top 100.
  • Bad
    As a neophyte to SCL 10, extrapolated to finish 50-100, what is the best slice to play in 10? Which slices flip ?  There doesn’t seem to be as many players in 10 since I’m not grinding for placement and can still finish top 100.
    I always play the one my job lets me play so I dont know it certain. I think it almost dont flip.
    If you can rank 100 be happy with that, rewards 50 to 100 are almost the same (when there is not a new char), and its a great help for champing new 5*.
    Now the juicy rewards are in top 20, if you dont have the meta characters forget it because the grinding is unbelievable for that surely on all slices.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slices 1 and 5 generally flip once.  Slice 1 usually flips after the first sub ends.  Slice 5 seems to flip towards the end of sub 1. 

2-4 rarely ever flip at all, so all told there are currently less than 8000 players in cl10 most events.  Maybe even closer to 5 or 6k.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I would expect this information to be invalidated if the devs succeed in tweaking 10 to entice more players. The more popular slices will continue to be more popular, but I would expect growth among all slices by the time anniversary rolls around.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    purplemur said:
    Mostly you cant stand the last part. Because AI is dumb enough for winning 75 battles and those cps,if you can engage pvp scl10. 
    I am not so strong to gain 1200 points, or so few times I could did it.
    If he doesn't have the time to play PVE to progression, I highly doubt he has the time to win 75 matches in PVP.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:
    I would expect this information to be invalidated if the devs succeed in tweaking 10 to entice more players. The more popular slices will continue to be more popular, but I would expect growth among all slices by the time anniversary rolls around.
    The question (raised elsewhere as well) is what holds a player back from playing in 10, if they qualify?

I am sure there are lots of players (some of them have already told us this) who don't find 10 to be worthwhile.  Even cutting out 1 or 2 clears, there is a high likelihood that lots of players who play in 10 will use more health packs, take more time and possibly still not want to move up.  We will see what people do after a few events.

In terms of flips and Anniversary, last year there were some PVE events where more people seemed to play than earlier in the year, but summer usually has some people taking time off (vacation etc).  This year I'd guess things might play out differently and it might not see a bump.

The slice behavior in general is consistent across SCLs.  1 and 5 flip the most, 2 seems to flip the least,  3 and 4 flip a couple times per SCL (below 10).  In 10, 2/3/4 almost never flip.