Marvel Puzzle Quest R208 Release Notes (7/31/20)

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited August 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
“Blade of Regret”
Command respect and take out your enemies with an ALL-NEW character coming soon!
- Team up and keep your squad alive with Anti-Venom – find him featured in various MPQ events!
- Power through the Space Stone Season and battle your way to the top!

Bug Fixes:
  • When a power is fired that would down the target enemy but another enemy swaps in front and lives, the power no longer acts as if the character were downed.
  • After firing Cable's Plasma Barrage, downing the damaged enemy with a match on the same turn will no longer cause the match damage to carry over to other enemies.
  • Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) and Venom (Eddie Brock) can no longer be used together
  • Selecting the back button in the Support Equip screen should always take you to the screen you were viewing previously.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    For a moment, I thought I was in GI Joe forum.  :D

The Plasma Barrage's bug is interesting. This is the first time I heard of this.

Our next 5*: Blade of Regret.

I'm thinking of:

1) this character killed someone with his sword, and regretted his action.

2) This character is a botanist or has something to do with plants. I can't think of any character whose powers are related to plants/grasses. Poison Ivy, perhaps?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu said:
    “Blade of Regret”
    Command respect and take out your enemies with an ALL-NEW character coming soon!
    - Team up and keep your squad alive with Anti-Venom – find him featured in various MPQ events!
    - Power through the Space Stone Season and battle your way to the top!

Bug Fixes:
    • When a power is fired that would down the target enemy but another enemy swaps in front and lives, the power no longer acts as if the character were downed.
    Wait...is this the issue that constantly comes up in the DDQ wave battle? Most notably with Captain Marvel. Where is you down the enemy that was in front, and she replaces them as the next character from the wave?
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Blade of Regret = Black Knight?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    For a moment, I thought I was in GI Joe forum.  :D

The Plasma Barrage's bug is interesting. This is the first time I heard of this.

Our next 5*: Blade of Regret.

I'm thinking of:

1) this character killed someone with his sword, and regretted his action.

2) This character is a botanist or has something to do with plants. I can't think of any character whose powers are related to plants/grasses. Poison Ivy, perhaps?
    The Gardener!  Every grandparent’s favorite superhero, right?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually googled The Gardener even though I think it's a joke. Surprisingly, such Marvel character does exist. What's more surprising is that this guy actually had history with some of the big name villians like Thanos and Galactus.  :D

https://www.marvel.com/characters/gardener-ord-zyonz
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phobos?! There's no chance, but it would be rad.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Thunderbolt is about to enter mcu and elektra wears a sword when she joined them . Could it be her for another time?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually googled The Gardener even though I think it's a joke. Surprisingly, such Marvel character does exist. What's more surprising is that this guy actually had history with some of the big name villians like Thanos and Galactus.  :D

https://www.marvel.com/characters/gardener-ord-zyonz
    The Gardener is one of the Elders of the Universe - even though having him in the game would be fun it would be weird before MCU Elders like The Collector and Grandmaster.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a pretty solid guess as the Ebony blade is cursed.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, 5* Blade finally coming. They regret introducing another dupe. :mrgreen:
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    X of Swords launches in September, right?

It' an X-Men event where ten mutants will wield legendary blades of some sort.

Best guesses seem to think this includes Wolverine, Rachel Gray, Magik, Nightcrawler, Apocalypse, Kid Cable, Captain Britain, Professor X, and Silver Samurai, or at least could include them. Some are obvious (Wolverine has a sword in all the promo material), and some are not (Captain Britain and Silver Samurai might just happen to have swords unrelated to the event).

The first two are the most likely options, I think. Wolverine apparently has a Muramasa blade, and Rachel Gray's is the sword of the Phoenix. Not exactly sure if either of those correlates directly to "blade of regret", though. I'm only familiar with the superficial details.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Blade, regret, respect. Morbius could be viewed as the anti-Blade (of regret) & while I don’t recall the comics too well, I think he’s a doctor (respected profession) in the movie that has been teased for what seems like forever now.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Heimdall does have a Sword and he's in the MCU.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    This is a pretty solid guess as the Ebony blade is cursed.
    The only reason I would say it isn’t the Black Knight is that he’s a major character in the Eternals movie - surely, they would want to tie in with its release?

Hey, they had Conan the Barbarian join the Avengers in the comics; maybe he’s coming to MPQ?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    There was an X group with the acronym SWORD , most notably represented by Beast , who regretted joining such a rag tag cast . Or we could get a 5 star Gyrich just to blow up the forum for a month 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’d be cool if it was Shatterstar - I think we all regret thinking those double blades swords were cool in the 90s
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Sword of X was guessed already, I'll go with Knull.  Anti-Venom is a symbiote, so why not the God of symbiotes, who is going to be the focus of the next big Marvel event after Empyre... And he also wields a sword, though I don't know if it has a name...
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could it be Korvus?????

Probably not
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:
    Blade, regret, respect. Morbius could be viewed as the anti-Blade (of regret) & while I don’t recall the comics too well, I think he’s a doctor (respected profession) in the movie that has been teased for what seems like forever now.
    It was already supposed to be in theaters by now. That was planned in the Before Times. 😞
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Guillotine as a 5 would be funny