So it seems cheating is legit now?

Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
That’s the only possibility why cheaters who have been reported by several players in the last weeks aren’t banned yet.

@IceIX
@LakeStone

can you give me any explanation for this? I know it’s actually not your business, but perhaps you guys get an answer from CS why they aren’t reacting in that issue?

Comments

• IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Do you intend to elaborate
  • Chrynos1989
    It’s about a guy who triple hits 550 guys in pvp with a team of 1-cover 2 and 3* chars In less than 2 mins
    i won’t name said person here, that would be name and shame and that’s against forum rules
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    It’s about a guy who triple hits 550 guys in pvp with a team of 1-cover 2 and 3* chars In less than 2 mins
    i won’t name said person here, that would be name and shame and that’s against forum rules
    How long has it been since it was reported?  There was a guy on one of the mpq facebook groups that posted his roster that was obviously hacked (he claimed he was super rich and whaled his way from 2 star play to lvl 550 5 star play overnight) and he was reported.

IIRC it took about a week and a half after being reported before he was sandboxed (on fb he claimed that he got bored and posted that he was retiring from the game lmao).  I don't know how many reports of cheaters they get, but it seems it takes awhile for them to check out and verify claims of cheating.
  • Chrynos1989
    How long has it been since it was reported?  There was a guy on one of the mpq facebook groups that posted his roster that was obviously hacked (he claimed he was super rich and whaled his way from 2 star play to lvl 550 5 star play overnight) and he was reported.

IIRC it took about a week and a half after being reported before he was sandboxed (on fb he claimed that he got bored and posted that he was retiring from the game lmao).  I don't know how many reports of cheaters they get, but it seems it takes awhile for them to check out and verify claims of cheating.
    From what others wrote me, they reported him 2 weeks plus ago
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I think I've been hit by this guy.  He's way below me but I see him in PVP for some reason so I hit him multiple times and then he hits me back every time soon after.  He had 3* Deadpool at only lvl 166 so he must've somehow cheated and gave himself 14 purples before the match and whaled me right away.  Can't see how he could survive normally to naturally get enough purple even with boosts with the roster he beat me with.  I had champed Gritty with the required every time.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    MrPlow said:
    I think I've been hit by this guy.  He's way below me but I see him in PVP for some reason so I hit him multiple times and then he hits me back every time soon after.  He had 3* Deadpool at only lvl 166 so he must've somehow cheated and gave himself 14 purples before the match and whaled me right away.  Can't see how he could survive normally to naturally get enough purple even with boosts with the roster he beat me with.  I had champed Gritty with the required every time.
    Can’t you just retal for easy wins if he keeps hitting you?
  • MrPlow
    Rosraf said:
    MrPlow said:
    Can’t you just retal for easy wins if he keeps hitting you?

He'd just keep hitting back so I'd just stop cause net points weren't worth it.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    id ride those 3* teams until im up to 70 wins, why not
  • Chrynos1989
    ammenell said:
    id ride those 3* teams until im up to 70 wins, why not
    You can do that in the beginning yes, but if he starts hitting you in the last 8h, it’s about points not wins, and if you go out for 2 or 3 fights and he takes 200 points from you, your final score is trash afterwards
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    If this isn't the best argument to stop playing pvp, I don't know what is
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    The question is, now that a week has passed, is this same account still active in PvP?
  • MrPlow
    edited August 2020
    The cheater is still around.  He hit me with a one cover 5* Yelena, one cover Killmonger and a lvl 53 Beast.  My team is a champed Gritty team with lvl 266 Beast.  Should I just out him here?
  • bluewolf
    Have you tried directly messaging some of the D3 staff here?  Might be worth a shot. Is this person taking good placement?  Maybe he’s in too low an SCL to see if his roster is that bad.  
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrPlow said:
    The cheater is still around.  He hit me with a one cover 5* Yelena, one cover Killmonger and a lvl 53 Beast.  My team is a champed Gritty team with lvl 266 Beast.  Should I just out him here?
    Please refrain from naming players in the event you suspect they are cheating. It is against the forum rules. Please contact Customer Support when you suspect a player is cheating and give as much information as possible. Thank you. 
  • bluewolf
    Apparently this cheater has been reported to CS already several times.

I am wondering whether CS would take action if:

1.  The player isn't artificially boosting their characters (adding resources illegitimately, which based on the roster description, they aren't).  Hence, not stealing money from the company.
    2.  Aren't taking high placement away from the the players in question (they could be dominating, say, SCL6 leaderboards where most players are still pretty casual).  It could even be that they aren't pushing up all that high and mostly are using the cheat to just win matches quickly, secure lots of points and shielding out (or not) after hitting their desired progression target.

If they are a smart (read:  not greedy) cheater they could fly under the radar, in theory.  I'm not sure who in the company would be appropriate to analyze things like how far outside the norm it is for a roster to be hitting a much higher roster and how quickly etc.

My understanding/assumption of this kind of cheat is there must be some auto-win (or near auto-win) condition that people are exploiting.  Maybe they are somehow able to boost match dmg to insane levels and just take out everyone with 3 match 3s or something.  That would be the most logical cheat that would allow people to use these kinds of teams and win quickly, as match damage is the ultimate passive.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would think it as likely that they bring whales and enough TU AP to fire it. Some of the reported teams are so weak, the potential exists for them to not even get 3 turns with a bad board.
    I could be wrong.
  • bluewolf
    edited August 2020
    Borstock said:
    I would think it as likely that they bring whales and enough TU AP to fire it. Some of the reported teams are so weak, the potential exists for them to not even get 3 turns with a bad board.
    I could be wrong.
    Possibly easier to accomplish as a hack. Definitely easier to win that way. Good theory. 
  • bluewolf
    MPQ, like many (most?) FTP games, creates time barriers to your advancement.  Purchases tend to let you skip those barriers (buy this cover instead of pulling 167 LTs!), or buy these health packs so you don't have to wait a couple hours to heal your 3 characters.  etc.

Many cheaters will choose to advance their characters via resource acquisition/spending, but you can also save time by changing the match length if you choose, apparently.

One may save you time spent in game (circumventing the limits of how many resources you can gather in a day) but obviously making your matches shorter would save you time spent playing per day.

Both are shortcuts around this barrier.  One will be caught very easily, one not so much, apparently.  It's probably far more interesting to most cheaters to use cheating to enter "god mode" immediately.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,908 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mod note: Removed a post theorizing on possible ways to cheat. While you are permitted to vaguely theorize on potential cheats, for example suggesting a player is using a "1 hit kill" cheat and the like, anything that goes into a more in depth analysis risks crossing the line of what is permitted. 

Basically, anything that could potentially point a player into the direction of how to cheat is not allowed. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    The cheater is still active as of today. Seems like they don't care that people cheat in this game, since he was reported multiple times already.