**** Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) ****

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    After some testing in "introducing. . ." It appears that anti-venom can deal damage in excess of the amount of healing applied.  so that's good.  Next I want to test if he can cast his red even when your team is at full health.
    When would your team ever be fully healed? I believe that would only happen if you’re playing against goons (no match damage), or you’re playing with someone else who heals the entire team (like Strange) and they just happen to get everyone fully healed during the turn you want to play Red. Even then, I don’t foresee you’d have any issues playing his Red since it looks like you just select a teammate and heal them. The pop up “select teammate” window doesn’t look any different than others, so you should be able to select anyone you want (even someone fully healed, if you want).  
    Off the top of my head, this is when your team might be at full health:

(1) when your team is hiding behind a tank that heals passively (e.g., OML or GED)
    (2) when you want to actively heal your tank before you cast anti-venom's red (e.g., using okoye's yellow to chase TU ap for the damage boost).
    (3) when you have a ton of black/red and want to cycle black --> red multiple times to hit several targets.
    (4) goons
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Yep those are all valid. I wasn’t thinking through them all since I don’t play with healers a lot, lol. My gut still says you’ll be able to fire it, but hopefully we’ll be able to verify this in the next couple days. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I turned on animations and fires off all of venoms powers.  Red and Purple look really good.  Black on the other hand oh boy.  I don’t think it is appropriate to say what that animation reminded me of.  Please devs please change that animation.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    So I turned on animations and fires off all of venoms powers.  Red and Purple look really good.  Black on the other hand oh boy.  I don’t think it is appropriate to say what that animation reminded me of.  Please devs please change that animation.
    What Has Been Seen Cannot Be Unseen  Know Your Meme
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    My mind didn't go there on its own, but now that I'm there... Yeesh.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Someone has a bad case of aplopenia and should seek professional help 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Glad I'm not the only one.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we know yet if his passive triggers from healing sources other than himself?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on the wording, "Whenever they heal an ally...", they refer to the symbiote body mass and Anti-Venom. If other sources are included, I will team him up with Patch and Kitty/Okoye/R4G.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, although it could make for some interesting combinations. Medusa? Or how about matching that yellow infinity stone? :P
  • HoundofShadow
    This is going to be the easiest shield training for those with iHulk and Okoye champed because iHulk is the 5* Essential.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    This is going to be the easiest shield training for those with iHulk and Okoye champed because iHulk is the 5* Essential.
       Fortunately my top 2 5*, even 2099 makes it a super easy event for all Okoye fanboys
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I healed Ihulk for 21.000 points! I wasted a breaker of bones with it but... with antivenom at that level Ihulk says goodbye to death.
    And of course the enemy also takes a decisive punch.
    Still Vulture will shine another time on this shield training. 
    About the animation... please stop pay channels suscription. Its not doing good.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m really close to saying Anti-Venom’s purple is garbage. Here are the problems....

1) it randomly appears on the board wherever there is a purple tile. No, It doesn’t make a purple repeater randomly. The repeater is randomly placed on a random purple tile. 

2) you gotta wait 2 turns in the hopes that an enemy tile stays near the repeater to be removed. 

3) if there are other enemy tiles on the field after the repeater has expired, the repeater randomly moves to another purple tile that’s already on the field. No, another purple repeater is not created. No, the repeater is not placed near an enemy tile. The repeater that was there is simply moved to another random purple tile. 

Here are the 2 saving graces for this purple power. 

1) it’s hella cheap. 6 AP. So you can’t put a couple of these on the board and hope (pray) a purple tile appears near an enemy tile. 
    2) the damage is pretty decent for only 6 AP. 
  • HoundofShadow
    The AI built is 5/4/4 by default. If the purple power is at 5 cover, it's a 1-turn repeater. I think the repeater moving to current basic purple tile was done deliberately because it removes special tiles, including invisibility and repeater tiles. If it could jump around like Kitty's to that location with enemy special tiles around it, it could be a little overpowered.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    oh boy... Thing/SL/Mordo in Shield Training... i hate that team.  So overpowered!  Mordo's blue is SO STRONG!!  

Sure, I put my Okoye in there.  With iHulk, it just made sense.  But as soon as I used Okoye's yellow (which is just natural, right?), boom... SL's passive tile, which allows Mordo and Thing to do their things cheaper.  And Okoye is dead.

Then I threw in Apoc.  I have him at 12 covers.  I figure I fire off his yellow once, and hunt down the one passive SL tile.  Which I did!  Got it!

Still didnt matter.  Sure, iHulk was doing decent damage every turn, but I couldn't do enough before Mordo got EIGHT BLUE AP.  Just 8 so that he can do 65k damage.

So, I threw in 3* Deadpool, hid behind Anti-venom's 120k health, and matched purples until I got 14 and promptly won.

....tinykitty that team.  :)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    KGB said:
    PiMacleod said:
    oh boy... Thing/SL/Mordo in Shield Training... i hate that team.  So overpowered!  Mordo's blue is SO STRONG!!  

Sure, I put my Okoye in there.  With iHulk, it just made sense.  But as soon as I used Okoye's yellow (which is just natural, right?), boom... SL's passive tile, which allows Mordo and Thing to do their things cheaper.  And Okoye is dead.

Then I threw in Apoc.  I have him at 12 covers.  I figure I fire off his yellow once, and hunt down the one passive SL tile.  Which I did!  Got it!

Still didnt matter.  Sure, iHulk was doing decent damage every turn, but I couldn't do enough before Mordo got EIGHT BLUE AP.  Just 8 so that he can do 65k damage.

So, I threw in 3* Deadpool, hid behind Anti-venom's 120k health, and matched purples until I got 14 and promptly won.

....tinykitty that team.  :)

As many others have stated in prior shield trainings, I can't recommend Valkrie high enough (mine is L301). I ran her at 3/5/5 (since Venom is using the Red) and won on the 1st try (My iHulk is just L300 with a bad 1/3/3 so his only reason to exist is to die on the 1 shot attacks if they get any which Mordo can do with his Purple and Blue).
    Chase the bounty. It keeps their red in check. More importantly, Valk fills the Yellow tiles with strikes so SL and Thing can't use Yellow. If you time it right, you can drop Venoms Black to cover any Yellows that fall and multiply his damage. You'll be using his Black often since the bounty gives Black which of course gives lots of healing.
    KGB

Wow, I have been a strong proponent of valk in earlier shield trainings, but today's node was custom made for her, even more so than the first run of hellcat.  her black absolutely neuters the ai's red.  IH keeps thing from matching green, and also absorbs any mordo hits that might come. And when given a constant stream of black ap, Anti-venom was actually plenty tanky for this node, and has enough damage output to slog through (though it wasn't fast).  I was expecting valk to work well, but it was shockingly easy.  my team was never in any danger at all.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    My Okoye + iHulk made short work of this node on the first try, a HUGE difference from the previous 2 events (thanks to allowing a quality 5*):

456 Okoye 5/5/3 + 4* Lvl 200 Royal Talon Fighter
    435 iHulk 5/3/5 + 3* Lvl 150 Vibranium Ore
    Loaner: 530 Anti-Venom 5/4/4

Killed Thing first of course, to prevent the shield tiles and so the AI stops chasing Green. Used Okoye's Red to set up cascades and off Star-Lord, then iHulk's to finish off Mordo. I let iHulk eat a nuke or two along the way but nothing got dicey.