Something weird in Planechasing Filip (and other events)

Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
I have just finished a match of PF, where something fishy happened to my supports.

I cast my unpredictable cyclone and everything seems fine. Greg has no support out.

next round I cycle a creature and no creature is fetched (there is an eligible creature in my deck) then I use Boles 2nd and 2 cards are drawn (which shouldn’t be possible with UC on the board.

later, I manage to get The Magic Mirror out and nothing happens at the end of my turn. TMM is killed a few rounds later without even doing its thing.

I tried repeatedly to cycle cards with UC out to no effect, extra card drawing was disabled after I recast UC.

So my conclusion is that somehow supports can be disabled across the board (or there is something dodgy with PF.

Have anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Comments

• Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    My spells were not casting after the first match. Battle log says they cast but there was no effect.
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Same here. HUF did fetch "deploy the gatewatch", but that didn't fetch any creature.
    And Omniscience seems to be broken too: i had it in play but the cost of the cards in my hand didn't become 0
  • Heartstone
    Killer instinct is also dead in the planechasing event. It does not fetch anything.
    Could it be fblthp (the creature) which is broken? If fblthp the planeswalker has the creature in his deck,  it could explain all the failing creature fetches
  • Heartstone
    Quartzwood crasher does not create his token either... there goes my fblthp theory...
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2020
    I've had a number of matches since yesterday where a wide variety of card effects simply would not trigger.  Creatures, supports, etc.

Training grounds and Fateful Showdown.  Haven't really played elsewhere.

Among these Szasek wouldn't drain or gain buffs.  Song of creation didn't draw or discard or trigger.  Fathom mage was just a 3/3 and never triggered text.  Whirlwind of thought wouldn't trigger.  Avaricious dragon wouldn't do anything on draw.  The list is long.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I had this happen in Rising Tensions and Training Ground while using Nissa Worldwaker.  Casting spells (March of the Multitudes, Chord of Calling, Kenrith's Transformation) did nothing (the little "poof" animation, and Battle Log indicated it was cast, but nothing).  Trostani didn't summon the two Lifelink Soldiers.  Nissa, Who Shakes the World would hit the board, but I couldn't use the +1 ability to summon tokens.  

I switched to Koth to try to recreate the bug, but it worked fine.  I did a hard Close, and restarted the app, and was not able to recreate the bug using Nissa.  
  • Heartstone
    Deploy the gatewatch (without HUF) also fails in training grounds.

All together now: do they ever test anything before releasing a new version?

• Heartstone
    I tried another deck with Omniscience in planechasing,  and this time it did work. Looks like it's kind of random
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Ok, this exploded fast.

I lost a match in Rising Tensions to a beautifully designed deck that relied upon Song of creation, which worked perfectly, so I can’t figure out what is going on.

Somehow there seems to be a general problem with cards resolving their effects correctly. But it is not systematic, since the deck I used in the match described above worked fine in the first 2 matches.
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    i had an event earlier today, that any effects that said "Target" wouldn't fire. The spell would cast, but the targetting wouldn't happen.
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020

Same here spells, etb effects and supports are not working.  Noticed it part way thru fblthp.  Didn't think much about then.  Just played fateful showdown and nothing is working but casting creatures.  
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    Just to add other examples of cards not playing it effect when cast :
    - Electrodominance does not deal damages
    - Lotus Field enters the board but does not destroy any land support then does not convert any gem.

The game comes back fine after an closing then reopening of the app.

The first time I encountered that effect was yesterday morning while playing TG. I live in GMT+2.
  • Heartstone
    Everything seems to be solved this morning :-)
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still multiple reports of this still happening to some of our members as of mid-afternoon on Thursday.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Oktagon_Support This is a pretty gamebreaking bug, especially before a new coalition event starts tomorrow. Please advise.
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Still happening and very random. 
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Supports and spells not working for me either in Fateful Showdown (Gideons Defeat, Goggles, Deploy, HUF etc)
  • Zethish
    Zethish Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Just had this happen in Fateful Showdown. Could not activate vanguards and lands did not convert any gems.
    Force closed app and after restart it's back to normal, for now.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Just had Finale of Revelations cast fine in Across Ixalan, but completely fizzled in RT. Emergent Ultimatum also did nothing. Urza does not make his factory token. This is insane. It’s completely broken...
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020

Hi guys,

We're investigating this since yesterday when the first wave came.
    If you want to help with the investigation there is some information we could use.
    - The full deck you were using when it happened
    - The Planeswalker you were using
    - The event where it happened
    - Your UID
    You can send it here and tag me or through a ticket with Customer Support.

Thank you for all the feedbacks,
    Marcela.