Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    My Bishops are 270 and 285 (?). I have to clarify I don't stun the Decoy. I stun the other two. After Decoy is out there isn't any free AP gain for them, then it's a combination of getting blue and green and denying red.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Yet another Welcome to SHIELD troll node. Same as last time I think. Have to use a lousy loaner, an under covered and weak Goblin and a third someone (I tried Thor) and get smashed to pieces. This is not funny anymore.
    I've been using iHulk (my highest character, LVL 459) as a third.  My Goblin is 3/5/2, so not too bad, but got taken out quickly by Riri's gauntlets.  That one is probably the toughest fight throughout the entire SHIELD series...  Riri with a green feeder is brutal.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    Yet another Welcome to SHIELD troll node. Same as last time I think. Have to use a lousy loaner, an under covered and weak Goblin and a third someone (I tried Thor) and get smashed to pieces. This is not funny anymore.
    I've been using iHulk (my highest character, LVL 459) as a third.  My Goblin is 3/5/2, so not too bad, but got taken out quickly by Riri's gauntlets.  That one is probably the toughest fight throughout the entire SHIELD series...  Riri with a green feeder is brutal.
    Day 3 is tougher imo. GG is fodder, a lvl 530 Misty is too little to take on 3 lvl 575 opponents. Bishop is out in a few rounds. Fire a power and Star-Lord makes their powers cheaper. Hit hard on anyone other than Thing and he floods the board with protect tiles.

I haven't found the solution to this one yet. I tried with Ghost going invisible asap. Works for a while, but does so little damage, and more importantly doesn't protect against SL's Sleight of Hand.
  • sambrookjm
    Dogface said:
    qandols said:
    Day 3 is tougher imo. GG is fodder, a lvl 530 Misty is too little to take on 3 lvl 575 opponents. Bishop is out in a few rounds. Fire a power and Star-Lord makes their powers cheaper. Hit hard on anyone other than Thing and he floods the board with protect tiles.

I haven't found the solution to this one yet. I tried with Ghost going invisible asap. Works for a while, but does so little damage, and more importantly doesn't protect against SL's Sleight of Hand.
    iHulk got me through this one as well; he *really* lets you punch above your weight in these matches.  iHulk's passive doesn't trigger Thing's passive, which is a huge help.  Green Goblin was still alive at the end, much to my surprise.  Down to about 4K health, but still alive!  

As for Worst Moment of the day, it took place in the Big Enchilada node.  Got a match-5 to clear out the first enemy NPC, only to have Teen Jean come in to stun and damage my entire team so Thanos's Court Death wouldn't trigger.  Good to see that bug still hasn't been fixed yet. :(
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Updating the game on my Galaxy Tab S2 and discovering the text is now so small I can barely read it...even with my glasses on.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    After pulling roughly 30 Support tokens last season (didn't really track, but started with just over 20 and pulled several more during the season), I totally failed to pull Tinkerer at any rank. One of two non-stone Supports I'm now missing. 

I did manage to pull  BW Batons no fewer than three times, so there's that, I guess. Yay for dupes... 😐😑🙄😞
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvP vs Prof X5 and GED. Doom re-shuffled the board and I swear to Stan Lee it matched HALF of it.
    Suffice it to say, I got creamed.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got so caught up in playing Mechanicus the last few days that I lost track of MPQ stuff, and failed to pick up 32 CP because I just...forgot to play Knight Shift, and was about 10 minutes too late to pick up the points I needed for full Progression in The Hunt.
    Also, I decided to take my newly-champed Apocalypse in to Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and then switched back to Carnage after three matches in a row without being able to get the AP for any of Apoc's powers even once.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I missed the start of the Basilica event, but was sure I would get the legendary token. The next day at work, I got really busy and forgot to hop on for awhile. Still not worried as I estimated that I would still get the token.
    I just finished the last battle and finished 805 points shy of getting the legendary token.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    was hoard breaking in LL's this morning. pulled my usual 80-100 pulls. ended up with a champed onslaught, apoc at 9 covers, and km at 5.  seeing as apoc is awfully useful i decided to pull another 1000 cp worth. pulled 5 straight onslaughts for 5* pulls. looks like apoc rides into the classics sunset @ 9 covers. major bummer.
  • sambrookjm
    edited July 2020
    5-star Hulk in his required node with Thorkoye.  There are two green enemy strike tiles that make up a match that I've been avoiding, since the Mutation in the node will do 8K damage per special tile match.  Banner transforms into Hulk, makes that match, and Thor (who is tanking green and at about 20K health) takes 16K damage, dropping him down to about 4K health.

Worst of all, I didn't even get the 3 green AP for the match.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely horrible boards kept me from getting any clears off the initial loaner node of Venom Bomb sub 2 during my grind. 

Also, I'm firmly convinced there's something in the code that when you use iHulk, the game refuses to drop new green tiles in from the top when making matches. Or if they do, they fall in the exact right spot to make a match.

And there's definitely an increased probability that if two green tiles are next to each other, the one iHulk adds *WILL* be right next to them, completing the match and dropping you back below the threshold you need to activate his passive. Especially when you *need* the passive to proc to end the match or prevent an enemy from firing a nuke. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Getting destroyed 3 times in a row in Simulator because I could not get any red for Valkyrie and blue for Iceman4. The enemy team was Carol4, Switch and Spider-Man3... And Spider-Man stunlocked me to death. Lol.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5-star Hulk in his required node with Thorkoye.  There are two green enemy strike tiles that make up a match that I've been avoiding, since the Mutation in the node will do 8K damage per special tile match.  Banner transforms into Hulk, makes that match, and Thor (who is tanking green and at about 20K health) takes 16K damage, dropping him down to about 4K health.

Just in general, dragging Banner through VB has been awful. I find myself using Okoye's red on his countdown more often than on enemy tiles.
  • sambrookjm

Just in general, dragging Banner through VB has been awful. I find myself using Okoye's red on his countdown more often than on enemy tiles.
    You're not the only one!  It's also the only time I wish that I could target *friendly* countdown tiles with Kitty.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards

You're not the only one!  It's also the only time I wish that I could target *friendly* countdown tiles with Kitty.

Playing in SCL9 means his green is actually pretty useful as an AOE (thanks to Thorkoye) to clear nodes quickly.

Look, he's not good but he's still a little better than some others.  To be clear, I only used him on the 5E.....
  • sambrookjm
    Another one for today is finding out that iHulk's self-damage whenever he makes a match trigger's Venom's passive and creates a shield tile for your team.  That makes his yellow do a LOT more damage than it normally would.  :(
  • Mr_F
    edited July 2020
    Lost PVP fight because Chavez one shooted my Invisible Woman. Who was invisible at the moment of being killed. But the invisible tile has decided to vanish (it was not matched or destroyed - it just vanished just like it never was there). What The...
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F said:
    Lost PVP fight because Chavez one shooted my Invisible Woman. Who was invisible at the moment of being killed. But the invisible tile has decided to vanish (it was not matched or destroyed - it just vanished just like it never was there). What The...

There's your problem right there. You got an invisible tile instead of an invisibility tile. It's like that Duck Dodgers bit when his Disintegrater Pistol disintegrates.

Dude, like it made my day! Yes, I had invisibility tile in my mind.