Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: July, 2020 (Updated 7/28/20)

Comments

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Burrito
    8/2 - Venom 

This is Eddie Brock Venom or Agent Venom Venom?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Peggy Carter covers again.  :D She's like a boosted version of limited characters: guaranteed at least 2 appearances every year, and she can be pulled from Tokens. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    @IceIX

Are we skipping progression shards for Onslaught?
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX

Are we skipping progression shards for Onslaught?
    Maybe they're doing 4 latest again? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am sure it’s a copy paste error, and Onslaught is essential/progression in Strange Sights with Killmonger in the following pve. 

And thanks to @IceIX for updating the Sneak Peek!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another stealth change ( unless i just missed it)

In PVE , you would get a 4 star cover pretty much right off the bat at 5500 ish points , they moved it to in to the 20ks

Legion was rewarded at 5500 in Venom Bomb, Hellcat cover is at 20k in Fight for Wakanda. 

Did i miss something or are the Devs still making changes without telling people? 

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Killmonger is the placement reward for Fight for Wakanda not Onslaught.  So the Strange Sight 5* rewards is correct.  Fight for Wakanda was wrong.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

In PVE , you would get a 4 star cover pretty much right off the bat at 5500 ish points , they moved it to in to the 20ks

Legion was rewarded at 5500 in Venom Bomb, Hellcat cover is at 20k in Fight for Wakanda. 

Did i miss something or are the Devs still making changes without telling people? 

If my math is correct SCL9 has 20 less shards and SCL10 has 50 less shards for the 4*.
  • bluewolf
    MrPlow said:

If my math is correct SCL9 has 20 less shards and SCL10 has 50 less shards for the 4*.
    Is it possible it's a little different for a new release?  Since they give out so many 4's in placement?  (OK, I kind of doubt that but maybe, right?)

People have been talking about the very low level of engagement that SCL10 requires to hit a 4* cover and that's probably not something the devs like.  So I guess I can very easily see them moving that way back in the progression table.

I think we need to keep an eye on it for the next event when it's not a new release.

If they made this change........ :'(
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2020

The 75 5*shard reward was also moved later in the rewards as well. There is less ISO-8 reward as well than Venom Bomb, but I'm not sure if that's a result of this being a 3-day event instead of a 4-day event like Venom Bomb is.

There is 1100 less iso-8 in the progression rewards. There are the same amount of reward 'items' in FFW as there are for VB, they remove the 150 4* shards and replace it with two 50 4* shards, the 1100 iso--8 reward is what is removed in order to facilitate the extra reward.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Here's the changes:

1 - Mighty Token
    2 - 200 Iso-8
    3 - 400 Iso-8
    4 - 3* cover
    5 - 600 Iso-8
    6 - 4* cover -> 50 4* shards
    7 - 700 Iso-8
    8 - 2250 Red Iso-8
    9 - 800 Iso-8 -> 50 5* shards
    10 - Heoric Token -> 800 Iso-8
    11 - 1000 Iso-8 -> Heoric token
    12 - 50 5* shards -> 1000 Iso-8
    13 - 1100 Iso-8 -> 50 4* shards
    14 - 75 5* shards -> 1200 Iso-8
    15 - 1200 Iso-8 -> 4* cover
    16 - 1400 Iso-8
    17 - 70 HP
    18 - 150 4* shards -> 75 5* shards
    19 - 1400 Iso-8
    20 - 250 4* shards
    21 - 3600 Red Iso-8
    22 - 1600 Iso-8
    23 - 12 CP
    24 - 250 4* shards
    25 - 1600 Iso-8
    26 - 2000 Iso-8
    27 - Event Token
    28 - 3000 Iso-8
    29 - 80 HP
    30 - 125 5* shards
    31 - 12800 Red Iso-8
    32 - 22 CP
    33 - 250 4* shrads 
  • bluewolf
    edited July 2020
    Loosie said:

The 75 5*shard reward was also moved later in the rewards as well. There is less ISO-8 reward as well than Venom Bomb, but I'm not sure if that's a result of this being a 3-day event instead of a 4-day event like Venom Bomb is.

There is 1100 less iso-8 in the progression rewards. There are the same amount of reward 'items' in FFW as there are for VB, they remove the 150 4* shards and replace it with two 50 4* shards, the 1100 iso--8 reward is what is removed in order to facilitate the extra reward.
    I am pretty sure this is only in SCL10.  7, 8 and 9 all look the same to me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if this is to offset the Introducing...shards? Seems lame anyway you slice it.
  • bluewolf
    edited July 2020
    I wonder if this is to offset the Introducing...shards? Seems lame anyway you slice it.
    The progression rewards drop from 3.25 covers for the 4E to 3.125 covers.

I am waiting for some communication on this.
  • bluewolf
    It would be nice to have an August Sneak Peek.

I am hoping (maybe?) we will get another boss event this week, since we tend to get those the week after a new 4.

It seems like lately there is a renewed attempt to communicate, and I really appreciate that.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Sneak peek update please.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    Next Event: Cosmic Chaos
    Rewards:
    5* Shards: Black Bolt
    4* Covers - Luke Cage
    3* Colossus

Req'd/Progression:
    5* Onslaught
    4* Super Skrull
    3* Grocket
    2* Cap Marvel
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So it's looking like the 5e Classic rotation is just out the window.

Looking forward to a specific character? For  years now we could have given a ballpark estimate if you needed to wait a month or five for a Classic to show up again.

But right now we're in no man's land because they don't like players being able to know things in advance and be able to comfortably plan.
  • bluewolf
    JHawkInc said:
    So it's looking like the 5e Classic rotation is just out the window.

Looking forward to a specific character? For  years now we could have given a ballpark estimate if you needed to wait a month or five for a Classic to show up again.

But right now we're in no man's land because they don't like players being able to know things in advance and be able to comfortably plan.
    Bolt is falling approx where he would have hit in the cycle if you ignore that the prior ones weren't correct.  After Thanos, the cycle starts again.  Surfer is usually first but he was run in April.  Wasp follows but who wants her anyway?  Then I think Loki (missing as well) and Bolt.

I could hope they are reworking Loki and Wasp and hence skipped them?  I would assume they are both rarely used so maybe they would be candidates for buffs.

Who knows?  Presumably the devs.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Bolt is much closer than the other two. He's our third classic 5* this cycle (after Iron Man and Banner). And my notes suggest he should have been our fifth instead (Surfer, Wasp, Rescue, Loki, THEN Bolt). Rescue's run would have been her first as a classic 5*. Kinda makes sense to skip Surfer since he showed up recently anyways, but I can't explain skipping the other three. Maybe one of them will show up after Bolt to start inching us back towards an expected pattern.

I would love for those skipped to have been delayed due to pending reworks, but I'm not sure I have it in me to be that optimistic. Guess we'll find out when it happens (since the people who DO likely know what's going on aren't going to share that information with us, anyways).