Who is today's fastest PVE clear team?

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
I've been using some kind of Okoye based team to get through the PVE grind since I had enough covers to do it. I missed out on Kitty and Gladiator Thor at launch, both dropped out of latest with under 5 covers. My Thano5 is 5/2/2. I don't have a max-champ 4ocket, he's just organically grown to 311. I do have a Chavez up in the 360s, and a Valkyrie at 321. I do have every 4* champed save Wolfsbane (missing a cover - 9/4/3), Super Skrull (covered with 21 saved/shards), Hellcat (covered +1), Legion (covered), Misty (3/3/2), and Spider-Ham (3/3/4).

My list of 5* champs is:
Profe$$or X: 462
Sinister: 458
BRB: 457
5torm: 456
Iceman: 455
Apocalypse: 453
Ghost Rider: 453
Rescue: 453
Doom: 452
JJ: 451
Okoye: 451
iHulk: 451
Carbage: 450
Fi5k: 450

I spent a bunch of time grinding Valkyrie so that Thor would be a functional battery at 5/0/2 lvl 360
Hawkeye is 31 shards from done, currently a 4/5/3.
Kitty is my next long-road target, currently 3/3/0 with Frost/Cyclops sharded. 

I only play SCL10 to progression, usually 4x clears/node, so I'm not that interested in speed for competition, just speed to reduce the grind.
So with that said, in SCL 10, my fast clear teams right now are:

Okoye (4* Royal Talon Fighter at max level)/iHulk (451)/Apocalypse (453) - with this team the only colors Hulk tanks are green and purple. I chase yellow and team up, fire Apocalypse's yellow early, use his red when/if I need it depending on what hulk has done by then. It's pretty fast against goons and tile movers, and really isn't that dependent on actually hanging on to AP

Apocalypse/Okoye/Thor (50% health, 3* stormbreaker at max level) - thor gathers AP, everybody else uses it, pretty self explanatory

I still need to lean on Hawkeye (2* Wong)/G4mora (lvl 310, 3* Milano)/Coulson (lvl 312, 4* Sharon Carter) for some of the challenge nodes.

I've been considering using some other novelty teams involving Apocalypse to see how they feel; maybe Hawkeye/Apocalypse/Iceman | XFDP | coulson | wCap - basically some kind of CD spammer in the third slot. I can't imagine those are all fast, but XFDP might be vs tile movers or strong attack tile generators.

Anybody have anything better than this? Have I been doing it wrong? Once i get this Hawkeye done, I'm shifting over to completing Kitty, who I can only assume is another viable option still as a force multiplier.

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Okoye/Thor/Sabretooth or Okoye/Thor/Spider-Man 2099.  I haven't tried SM2099 myself, but I assume the premise is basically the same.  Load up on TU tiles to boost either Sabretooth's multi-hit red or SM2099's passive.  I switched my 3* Stormbreaker from Thor to put 3* SP//DR on him for the chance at +5 yellow at the start.  You should take all this with a grain of salt, as I am not the fastest in SCL 10, but I also don't have anywhere near 550s.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think my Apocalypse + ThorKoye is probably on par with Sabretooth there, since a cheap multi-hit red is kind of the point of that one. With Sabretooth's being a single red cheaper, I wonder if that's a big factor?

I used to run 2099 a little bit, but he isn't very high leveled on my roster
  • gravel
    The levels on the 4*s don't matter as much as Okoye.  I started using Sabretooth before my Apocalypse was done, so it may be similar, but another thing to consider is you want Okoye to tank as much as possible, so you aren't losing teamup AP because she isn't in front.  Obviously this is only for the three hard nodes, I mostly use Okoye and Thor for the essentials, unless there is a required or opponent that forces the strategy to change.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are some variations depending on who I’m facing, but in general-
    I use Juggs/Grocket/3* Starlord (my level 40 dupe that’s collecting covers for farming) for the easy nodes. 

Then for opening clears, switch to Thorpocalypse (plus Bill for hard nodes, minus Bill for essential nodes). 
    Closing clears Thorkoye plus Iceman for hard nodes/challenge node. Just Thorkoye in pick-2 essentials. 

I find for my roster (all champs close in levels) Thorpoc is way faster than Thorkoye in matches where the health pools aren’t insanely high, which pretty much makes Okoye obsolete as a PVP partner. But that’s okay, I hear she handled the breakup well and found someone new to pair with in PVP. She and Thor don’t hit as hard as Apoc, but she has a way higher boost ceiling, which is why I swap back to her for closing clears when the health pools are higher. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That's true, but I find that using Apocalypse's yellow early in the match more than compensates for a team up or two falling by the wayside from having Okoye take a backseat. I'll have to run the experiment I guess and see.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im curious to try some of these.  I'm the opposite of the OP....

Kitty was my first viable option to run through SCL10 nodes.  Been Grittynaut all day for me...  but recently...

I got Okoye to 12 covers (4 in each), and my Thor is underleveled, but is champable.  So, the last couple of PvEs, I've been doing the Thorkoye 2099 team.

I JUST got Apoc to 12 covers for the last pulls, so now I'm curious for these other options.  I don't switch up my teams often, but I'll listen to sage advice when offered.

Side note/example:  Someone mentioned Okoye/iHulk/Th3nos for clearing nodes... and while it has promise, man... i used more health packs than I would've with other combos, and still didnt always clear it as fast.  It was lackluster, IMO, because if you don't get a couple good TU AP matches, then you're just spinning your wheels.
  • gravel
    PiMacleod said:
    Side note/example:  Someone mentioned Okoye/iHulk/Th3nos for clearing nodes... and while it has promise, man... i used more health packs than I would've with other combos, and still didnt always clear it as fast.  It was lackluster, IMO, because if you don't get a couple good TU AP matches, then you're just spinning your wheels.
    I've heard of 4* Thanos with Okoye and Hulk.  His blue passive helps to make sure you have enough green on the board for Hulk's passive to hit each turn if the enemy makes special tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2020
    Th4nos only works if they are making SAPs against you, or you can create your own enemy SAPs. I like to run Okoye/Carbage/Th4nos sometimes, or BRB/Carbage/Th4nos even, since it keeps you ultra flush with AP and everybody hits pretty hard. I think  everybody slept on Th4nos at release for some reason, but he does work on removing enemy specials.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    I play SCL9 and my fastest team is iHulk+Okoye+Thano3.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    There are some variations depending on who I’m facing, but in general-
    I use Juggs/Grocket/3* Starlord (my level 40 dupe that’s collecting covers for farming) for the easy nodes. 

Just curious why you choose 3* Starlord over say 4* Gamora. Does this allow Jugg to tank more colors?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep. That’s exactly why. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    For nodes with goons, okyoe, ihulk and dr strange. 
    Otherwise I replace strange with professor x. Thanos maybe quicker, but drains the health pack. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was using PX before I finished Apocalypse, but since he tanks nearly everything over iHulk and hits really hard on otherwise dead colors, I like him a bit more these days.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, I divide into early rounds, tile movers, non-tile movers.

Early Rounds : 5Thanos / 4Rocket / MeatShield
    Tile Movers : Thor (half)/Okoye/PX5
    Non-Tile Movers : 5Thanos / 4Rocket / Kitty
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I used to do Gritty teams with a third - usually 4* Juggs.

I've moved on to using Apoc/Thor/Onslaught.   Laugh all you want at Onslaught, and he is kind of a one trick pony, but the cascades can be epic with Thor and Onslaught disrupting tiles. Everything about this team is geared for AP generation to feed Apoc. Get Apoc's yellow on the board and then let it rip. Thor's green, Apoc's red, and even Onslaughts blue are all now powered up. You only have to wait for the repeaters to fire to kick off Apoc's black, and you may not even need to do that if you have the right supports loaded.

I really haven't found much this team can't accomplish unless facing someone with feeders. In that case, I swapped Onslaught for Yelena (didn't realize she would be that useful) and denied their AP.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards

If you have him, can get him leveled up, you'll get a lot faster and less costly work out of 4* Jugg+4*Grocket+other low-level GotG member. Mostly 1-hit KOs and no healthpacks required on the easy nodes.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:

If you have him, can get him leveled up, you'll get a lot faster and less costly work out of 4* Jugg+4*Grocket+other low-level GotG member. Mostly 1-hit KOs and no healthpacks required on the easy nodes.
    Thanks for the tip.  Yep, I do have a champed Juggs but never use him.  Will give that a shot tomorrow.  Appreciate it.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    As people are posting, it's helpful if you indicate what SCL you play. A team's effectiveness varies greatly by SCL.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    As people are posting, it's helpful if you indicate what SCL you play. A team's effectiveness varies greatly by SCL.
    The OP stated that he play scl 10 to progression and needed advice for that,  so I would assume the people responding with team advice are giving it for scl 10.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    The OP stated that he play scl 10 to progression and needed advice for that,  so I would assume the people responding with team advice are giving it for scl 10.
    Not always true:

Borstock said:
    I play SCL9 and my fastest team is iHulk+Okoye+Thano3.