**** Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited September 2020 in Character Details
2020-07-08-Anti-Venom-NC-FBpng

Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Heroes, Spider-Verse

"After Venom left for a new host, Eddie Brock was left with harmless symbiote antibodies. But after exposure to positive energy, these antibodies mutated, creating a brand-new symbiote with incredible healing powers. As Anti-Venom, Brock seeks to redeem his past crimes and eradicate Venom once and for all."  

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)   
4668 Health / 13035 Health
 10 |  33 |  8 |  37 |  9 |  42 |  23 |  4.0x
 13 |  65 |  11 |  74 |  12 |  85 |  43 |  4.0x
Aggressive Antibodies - 9  AP
Anti-Venom sends out some of the symbiote body mass in order to cover a wider area with their antibodies. Anti-Venom heals their team for a burst of 102 health and creates 1 Yellow Web tile. (Max level 198 health)

(PASSIVE) Whenever they heal an ally, Anti-Venom deals damage to the target enemy equal to 40% of the amount healed.
  • Level 2: Heals the team for a burst of 213 health. (Max level 414 health)
  • Level 3: Heals the team for a burst of 287 health. Deals damage equal to 50% of the amount healed. (Max level 558 health)
  • Level 4: Heals the team for a burst of 315 health and creates 2 Yellow Web tiles. Deals damage equal to 75% of the amount healed. (Max level 612 health)
  • Level 5: Heals the team for a burst of 510 health and creates 3 Yellow Web tiles. Deals damage equal to 100% of the amount healed. (Max level 990 health)
Adaptive Clothing - 6  AP
Anti-Venom's suit shifts into a disguise so that they can subtly approach the target of their cleansing. Create a 3-turn Purple Repeater tile that removes any surrounding enemy special tiles. If there are no enemy special tiles on the board, this tile destroys itself and deals 1389 damage. Otherwise, convert this tile to a Web tile and create another Purple Repeater tile. (Max level 2706 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1903 damage. (Max level 3707 damage)
  • Level 3: Create a 2-turn Purple Repeater tile.
  • Level 4: Deals 2945 damage. (Max level 5737 damage)
  • Level 5: Create a 1-turn Purple Repeater tile.
Precision Purge - 7  AP
Anti-Venom uses their tendril-like fingers to target points on an ally's body for healing. Destroy all Yellow and Purple Web tiles and give a chosen ally a burst of 667 health, plus an additional 333 health for each tile that was destroyed. (Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.)  (Max level 1299/649 health)
  • Level 2: Give a burst of 920 health, plus an additional 453 health for each destroyed tile. (Max level 1793/883 health)
  • Level 3: Give a burst of 1041 health, plus an additional 519 health for each destroyed tile. (Max level 2026/1012 health)
  • Level 4: Give a burst of 1287 health, plus an additional 639 health for each destroyed tile. (Max level 2507/1246 health)
  • Level 5: Give a burst of 1768 health, plus an additional 879 health for each destroyed tile. (Max level 3442/1713 health)
Dev note: In R207, Anti-Venom will be playable with all other versions of Venom. Starting with R208 however, Anti-Venom will not be playable with Venom (Eddie Brock).

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern

Store Offerings

Anti-Venom & Friends - August 2 - 8

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Random Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) cover

• 1x Random Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O’Hara) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Ares (Dark Avengers)

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Release Debut:

Fight for Wakanda - July 30 - August 4

• Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) In placement rewards

Introducing… Anti-Venom - July 30 - August 6

• Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) Shards

Featured Event:

Strange Sights - August 3 - 7

• Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) as a progression reward

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - August 2 - 7

• Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) Shards

• Tokens to the Anti-Venom & Friends Vault

Versus Tournament:

Brace for the Cure - August - 2 - 5

• Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock) as a progression reward

• Rewards tokens to the Anti-Venom & Friends Vault

Comments

• LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Looks good! Good healing. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Cool art. Abilities look unique and interesting at first glance. 
    Need to do some math on the damage potential when allies are healed from that red. 
    Worried overall damage will be on the low side, but his purple could really add webs on the board over time when removing* enemy specials. 

*Thanks for Removing and not Destroying. Makes facing BRB and others a bit easier.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Just for kicks:  Let's say you take him against Rocket and get to 6 purple.  And no strikes are matched away.  My ballpark is you have about 1/3 chance of the repeater not being near a strike (shifting boards probably makes that chance go up as you are dropping strikes lower in the board as matches are made.  And once the repeater takes out the specials around it, it bounces to a location in a board with less specials on it (unless spamming is happening).

I assume it only goes to purple tiles?  You could get a lot of web tiles on the board, I guess, but if it's limited to purple it's not as many as some other Spider-team members.

I like the ideas but I'm not sure how well it will work, especially if the other team is hitting hard.  The healing will help a little but I think a strong offense/defense would be better.

An interesting character, nice art.  Looking forward to trying him out.

(Should have been Anti-Virus, maybe, but it is what it is.)
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Who is the essential 5* for Welcome to Shield?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like how he immediately fits in with other spider verse characters who create web tiles.  His red looks like it will do good damage and his Purple while it might not be great at removing special tiles it will fire and do damage if no special tiles are on the board.  I also like the healing and damage combination.  

@IceIX on anti venoms passive if another character like spider Gwen is doing the healing will anti venom still do damage?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    @IceIX
    I see that note about R208 locking Anti-Venom out from being playable with Venom (Eddie Brock). Any chance we can have this kind of thing looked at in reverse for other characters senselessly locked out of being on teams together like Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) and Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), or Hulk (Totally Awesome) and any other Banner-based Hulks?  Thor (Gladiator) and Thor (Jane Foster)?

Do we want to think about locking out Archangel and Angel for the same reason as these two Eddie Brocks?

I guess I'm curious why this one got that treatment vs any other set of characters.

Otherwise, art looks great and powers seem cool. I'm curious how effective that purple might be vs some of the tile spammers like BRB.
  • Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    1. Shouldn't this be a 5* release?
    2. Why do we now have 3 4* venoms...
    3. Why would not make this a 5* considering the lore alone
    4. why does his red destroy certain color webtiles as opposed to just a certain amount of web tiles
    5. At least the passive is cool.

Overall: an extremely wasted opportunity....again. Nice to see him in the game after years of asking though I guess.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    The healing to damage occur only when its Anti-Venom is the agent. 

It's 5/3/5 for me. 

Edit:

I misread his ability and thought his black power burst heals his allies passively every turn. In fact, it's an ally burst heal for 9 black ap. His purple is a modified version of Kitty's Circuit Breaker.

SM2099 and Miles should be his best teammates, if SPIW can't tank 4/7 colour and TU tiles.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Does the purple repeater work like Wanda's blue CD? Meaning, will it spawn no matter what on any free (Basic) tile, and make it purple? Or, if there are no more free purple tiles, will it just fizzle out if there are still enemy specials?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Am I missing something, or is his black awful?  9ap to do ~1k burst healing and perhaps as much as 3k single target damage?  Plus a few web tiles that fuel. . . another burst heal!
    (Edit: I see the damage component is passive on second read, which helps a bit, but still only proc's when anti-venom heals and ally. I would be intrigued if any friendly heal could proc it).
    Overall:
    a meh 4*.  not bad, but not great.  black is weak. purple is a faux kitty purple in 4* land, so that should be useful for 4* players, and red can produce some serious offense. . .  IF you bring a web tile generator.  He should play well with 2099.  The string of weaker, cheap-ability 4*s continues.  As overall 4* land remains more or less a waste of dev/player time. 
    For Welcome to Shield, I assume that a 4* web tile spammer will be the best option for most people.  2099 makes the most webs, but can't go invis.  miles can, but produces webs a lot more slowly. Gwen has a good stun, but doesn't make too many webs.  Iron spider might work reasonably well, but only if he can tank. Which limits his value in welcome to shield.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Am I missing something, or is his black awful?  9ap to do ~1k burst healing and perhaps as much as 3k single target damage?  Plus a few web tiles that fuel. . . another burst heal!
    (Edit: I see the damage component is passive on second read, which helps a bit, but still only proc's when anti-venom heals and ally. I would be intrigued if any friendly heal could proc it).
    Overall:
    a meh 4*.  not bad, but not great.  black is weak. purple is a faux kitty purple in 4* land, so that should be useful for 4* players, and red can produce some serious offense. . .  IF you bring a web tile generator.  He should play well with 2099.  The string of weaker, cheap-ability 4*s continues.  As overall 4* land remains more or less a waste of dev/player time. 
    For Welcome to Shield, I assume that a 4* web tile spammer will be the best option for most people.  2099 makes the most webs, but can't go invis.  miles can, but produces webs a lot more slowly.
    I agree with you on his black.  The issue is you need black at level 5 to make his red good.  If you run him at 3,5,5 his passive only does 50% damage of the healing.  This means you need to run him at 5,3,5.

i like your ideal of 2099 or iron Spider-Man in 4* land with Anti Venom
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool art. I dont think I would be treated volunteer with those hands.
    It seems he is gonna be one of the best healers in game. And I wonder if strike tiles add to his passive. 
    So with him, intended or not, apoc gets at least one extra month.
    And we could get another LL token.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Cool art. I dont think I would be treated volunteer with those hands.
    It seems he is gonna be one of the best healers in game. And I wonder if strike tiles add to his passive. 
    So with him, intended or not, apoc gets at least one extra month.
    And we could get another LL token.

Actually, Apocalypse probably only gets two weeks more than expected. So 14 instead of 12 weeks.  
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    how can I abuse that team dmg with okoye?
    was thinking about sp99, but there is red and black active color overlap.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    after exposure to positive energy

What did he get given a puppy or told he was a swell guy?!?!?

I'm not really feeling him but I guess we wont know until we try him in his introduction event.

• Vhailorx
    ammenell said:
    how can I abuse that team dmg with okoye?
    was thinking about sp99, but there is red and black active color overlap.

What team damage?  2099 is probably his best tile spammer, since 2099 makes tons of web tiles on the right colors (green and purple).  But unless I am misreading his black passive, the damage is only single target.
    Also, we need to confirm that he can do damage in excess of healing applied (i.e., if you heal a character at 10k/15k health for 10k burst healing, do you deal 5k or 10k damage?).  It's also not a spammable power, since the tiles are destroyed.  And unspammable powers are not at all ideal. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX I have a question about his damage on healing.

If you pair him with Karolina and he heals a teammate, her Yellow is supposed to increase the heal amount right? Does he then deal even more damage?
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2020
    After some testing in "introducing. . ." It appears that anti-venom can deal damage in excess of the amount of healing applied.  so that's good.  Next I want to test if he can cast his red even when your team is at full health.
    Edit: you can cast his red on a target with full health, but it has no effect (no healing, no damage applied).  So that limits the utility of his red, especially against goons.  Also, costing 7 as opposed to 6 is very unfortunate.  So many things have to go right to get a nuke off with the red that I feel like making it truly low cost at 6ap would have been fine.
    On first impression playing him, I think he is on par with misty. The numbers look ok on paper, but in practice the kit is too fiddly and cumbersome compared to existing 4*s.  He will see use in essential nodes, and no where else unless I have overlooked something important.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Edit: Venom did zero damage when he's on full health.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx said:
    After some testing in "introducing. . ." It appears that anti-venom can deal damage in excess of the amount of healing applied.  so that's good.  Next I want to test if he can cast his red even when your team is at full health.
    When would your team ever be fully healed? I believe that would only happen if you’re playing against goons (no match damage), or you’re playing with someone else who heals the entire team (like Strange) and they just happen to get everyone fully healed during the turn you want to play Red. Even then, I don’t foresee you’d have any issues playing his Red since it looks like you just select a teammate and heal them. The pop up “select teammate” window doesn’t look any different than others, so you should be able to select anyone you want (even someone fully healed, if you want).