Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks to the cover from the final round of BatB, I am now the proud(?) owner of a champed Spider-Ham!
    I’m one behind you, now at 4/4/4, so I was very happy and surprised to see his cover. Here’s hoping anniversary has a chance to finish him out (and Taskmaster also at 12 covers, but 5/3/4). 
    I also had forgotten that the boss had a Ham cover in around 8. Mine is already champed but hey, it was a nice  surprise. There should be plenty of Hams in the Anniversary events and vaults. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Yelena rotating out today? If I'm correct and she is, then I just pulled her 13th cover just before she left LL.

Its the 2nd time I pulled a 5* the morning before they rotated out, the first being Havok.

While I'm not sure how good she is, 13 covers for a 5* is still 13 covers.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't really have time (or patience) for PvE this week so thought I would go struggle in Scl10 for the Legion cover which is fairly early doors. Turns out it is not so bad if you aren't playing seriously.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled the 16 leftover tokens from the latest PvE, trying to get the Legion cover that will let me champ him.  Didn't get that, but did manage to score two Support tokens.  One was a duplicate.  The other was a Rank 2 Royal Talon Fighter.  BOOM!  Used some of that 900K red ISO lying around to instantly level it up to 100, and slap that bad boy on Okoye.  And there was much rejoicing...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally remembered to try out a Banner/Carbage/Rocket team in Simulator.

I pulled off the trifecta - 3 free matches (Knull and Void, GRRRAAAH, and I Aaaaam Groooooot!) before doing anything on my turn.

It was every bit as glorious as I hoped.  I even (barely) beat a Thorkoye JJ team.

I dunno if I can top this.  Might be time to retire.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Seeing this in sneek peak:

WEEKLY BUFFS
    (7/30/20 - 8/5/20) 
    • 4-Star: Black Cat, Captain Marvel, Karnak, Spider-Woman, Winter Soldier

Easy weak on PVE and fast clears in PVE welcome! Funny team comp with Jess (or essential)/Carol/Karnak. Lucky I also have Juggernaut champed too cause that boosted Karnak will be wreckage in pvp.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First ever 2nd place finish in a PvP tournament! I have enjoyed waiting until the last 45 minutes of a tournament, then joining, hoping for a last-minute fresh bracket. Even if it doesn't, it still gives me enough time to hit 500 for the CP. It paid off this time, as my 733 points was enough to land second place (only forty total players in the bracket when it finished.) 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Seeing someone in SHIELD Sim with Lvl 533 Hawkeye, lvl 450 Apocalypse, lvl 370 Chavez, Bishop and WorthyCap as their only 4* and 5* champions. That’s what we call “focusing your roster development”. :lol:

I beat that team with Worthy Carol Rocket.
    I have ... questions ... about how one manages to do that. Did they have other 5*s covered and just not champed?

I just can't fathom how someone managed to get a 533 Hawkeye without at least covering or champing any of the other 5*s that were in Latest with him at the time (Thano5, Panther, 5tar-Lord, Doc Ock).

Shards haven't been around long enough to target a single 5* from 450 all the way to 533, at least I don't think I've personally managed to add 83 5* covers among all my 5*s since shards were added. And I play fairly heavily. Hawkeye is also rarely featured in any new release or special stores. 

Also, I'd think a 370 Worthy would actually be a liability, as it's probably hard to get him to trigger from simple match damage. I know when my Level 304 Worthy is boosted above 400, it's a lot harder to get him to actually trigger. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm chasing Apocalypse and in the span of 3 days pulled 3 covers for him :smiley:

I really hope to get him covered before he leaves. Not too excited about Onslaught or Killmonger but I REALLY want The First Mutant.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    I spent approx. 1,000,000 Iso this morning to level up the last of my undercovered 5s, and when I was done I had 50,000 Iso left over with no other characters needing to be leveled up.

I just entered the Post-Iso stage of the game.

Great. Send me those ISO. I am starving.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a day late, but my "Moment of the Day" for much of the past week was boosted Black Cat--I character I know literally nothing about outside of the game. I know a lot of 5* players never really had a chance to use her while at the appropriate stage of the game, but a 5/3/5 Black Cat at a very low champ level was getting ~6k damage plus a 4 turn stun on purple, ~1.2k plus two random AP theft on black and ~9k (~14k against stunned enemies) damage on her green while boosted. With 3* Steve boosted, that gives a rainbow team with another method to stun, with either IM40 or Vulture as an AP generator (neither of whom interfere with the relevant abilities of the main duo for their AP generation). Clearly not a meta character, obviously, but solid all around and just a blast to play.   

Mr_F said:
    JSP869 said:
    I spent approx. 1,000,000 Iso this morning to level up the last of my undercovered 5s, and when I was done I had 50,000 Iso left over with no other characters needing to be leveled up.

I just entered the Post-Iso stage of the game.

Great. Send me those ISO. I am starving.

I would love it if there was a means to trade ISO for other resources.  I'd honestly be at a point where I would pay the ISO to champ a 4* or 5* character for a single 4* or 5* cover.  I don't play competitively enough to have anything but covers be my bottleneck and have been post-ISO since Shield Clearance Levels were introduced.  Sure this would very quickly eliminate my ISO reserves, but they're not doing anything else for me at the moment...

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    For the next week or so, I officially have all the 5*s in the game, from Silver Surfer to Killmonger, champed.

If I hadn't bungled the release events for Misty and Anti-Venom, I probably could have had every single character champed. As it stands, I have 2,720 covers out of the 2,723 it would take to get everyone champed. So close, yet so far. 
    If gifting was available I'd give you the shards, well played mon ami, closest I've seen to beating the game.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    See the worst moment thread for part 1. It's hilarious to me how much easier that Hawkeye/HammerCap/Peggy node becomes after the second clear. I did retreat once during the later clears, when they cascaded into enough red for Peggy to punch on turn 2, but at that point, literally nothing I had was over HammerCap's threshold, Kitty took care of any countdowns that Hawkeye threw out one by one, and I had enough protecs between Bill and Apoc that nothing else did more than one damage. Don't get me wrong, it still takes ages (literally 25 minutes for the final clear), but as long as I could deny red until Peggy was down, it was almost impossible to lose.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    ally mate with screwed roster decided to sell leveled 5s from her roster....welcome her back to 3s land pvp :)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    fiirst said:
    ally mate with screwed roster decided to sell leveled 5s from her roster....welcome her back to 3s land pvp :)
    The land of IM40. I really miss him. (sigh). And that ornery fella - what's his name? The one with the patch over his eye. Yeah, I partied a lot with those guys. Good times. Good times.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Woke up this morning and welcomed our 20th player to the Alliance.
    For the first time in months, none of our players is a temp/Merc.