MARVEL Puzzle Quest Will Be On SDCC@Home at the Official SDCC Twitch Channel (7/23/20)

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    At this point I think they are just coining in the money and have no intention in putting in anymore effort to a 6 year old game. It’s clear they aren’t interested in changing anything. Supports have been abandoned, character balance has been abandoned, same for costumes. The decrease of rewards both hp and no longer giving vault tokens without saying anything has left a very sour taste.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***mod note: Removed a couple of off topic comments. Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point I think they are just coining in the money and have no intention in putting in anymore effort to a 6 year old game. 

Difficult argument to stand in a post where they took the effort to broadcast his game along with new changes teasers.
    An undenyable truth is that here all people is asking for changes but when they finally come the forum is filled with posts anouncing retirement, anouncing they were to whale money but now not, and blackmailing devs communication in many other ways.
    And still there are people wondering why we have so minimal communication. 
    If I was a dev I would communicate less yet.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    !raffle
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    I watched the video.  My impression was that these were people that really loved the game and their jobs.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I watched the video.  My impression was that these were people that really loved the game and their jobs.

I may have seen a different video. I watched a weird twitch stream that seemed like they were playing the Prologue?
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 171 Tile Toppler

I may have seen a different video. I watched a weird twitch stream that seemed like they were playing the Prologue?
    You watched the part after the devs were interviewed. The devs were interviewed somewhere around the 2 hour mark I think.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    This is the link:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/689529350

It starts from 2:06:00 to 2:49:00

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Paige maybe should review OBW a little bit......just saying.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Paige maybe should review OBW a little bit......just saying.
    or else OBW nerf incoming?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The snarky comments just deserve to be read. Like nerfing 5* wasp to 3*, Im so glad emerin just passed the prologue, and so on :D
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    This is the link:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/689529350

It starts from 2:06:00 to 2:49:00

You'd think they could have edited out the 8min of dead air at the start. ;)
  • HoundofShadow
    "Community" doesn't necessarily refer to only players in the forum. It can also include interactions with players via twitter, instagram, email, facebook, discord etc.

The interactions people here expect, I suppose, are answering their questions promptly and giving them first-hand update on what's going to happen so that they can "prepare" for the future. 

So, it seems both parties have different meanings of the word "interaction".
  • HoundofShadow
    If we were to look at all the communications displayed by the dev since 2013 till now, communication (dialogue based) has gotten lesser and lesser. Now, it's more of a monologue and an occasional q&a style of communication. When was the last few occasions where the devs could have some back and forth conversation with players? My impressions are podcasts and discord. Why are dev more opened to communicating via these two channels (sometimes podcasts and discord in the past) instead of in this forum? If we can identify the elements that can be found in these two channels and introduce them into this forum, I think they would be more opened to a dialogue/interaction, rather than a monologue
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would imagine an element of gatekeeping on the podcast format - you can curate your list of questions, or at least your list of askers. As for Discord, it may be they are using it around the office already as a communication platform, and the barrier to entry is low compared to going out to a forum and doing it. Also - once you put something on a forum, it's there to be picked apart, analazyed, and trotted back out forever, compared to the transient conversational nature of a Discord. Just some guesses.
  • HoundofShadow
    If communication/interaction from the devs are genuinely desired, with the purpose being to have some sort of conversation with them about the state of the game, rather them judging and criticising them for not having views/goals that resonate with a certain subset of players, then I think there could be more communication/interaction from them. 

I think people need to examine what happened during and after the dev team communicated/interacted with the players in the past few encounters. Dig out all these interactions. They might be histories, but we can learn a great deal from them. From there, people might be able to understand why they seem to be reluctant to have any conversation with the players in this forum anymore.

I think it's a challenge for some to let go of their sarcastic and skeptical way of replying to the devs and, some can't let go of the past grudges/disagreements they had with the devs. It's also difficult for some to accept that the devs' goals aren't the same as their goals, and their style of doing things aren't the same as what they expect. Therefore, they feel hurt, unhappy, and even vengeful. All these, I believe, are obstacles that prevent everyone to have a meaningful conversation.