Best locations for Hero Points?

Options
SaltnPeppa
SaltnPeppa Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
Is there a guide somewhere that shows which events to target, and the specific nodes, to maximize getting hero points?

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking for myself, I see my HP income from the following sources:
    (1) Pve progression will generally you right around 1k HP every 2 weeks (once you hit cl9 or so). This generally 'pays the bills' for rostering new characters.
    (2) Pve placement (especially if you can get top 50 in each sub). This provides a lot of HP, bit does require a lot of grinding (and often some careful selection of slice/brackets).
    (3) PVP (placement and prog if you can hit 725). Also very productive, but only if you like pvp.
    (4) ddq. Get those 10hp every day if you have a deep roster.

There are two other sources that can be good, but which I can't easily judge becausey hoarding habits minimize their day-to-day effect on me.
    (I) Champ rewards. Lots of HP in champ rewards (though sadly less than their used to be).
    (II) Taco vaults. I rarely open taco tokens, but when 9 do I can usually expect to get several hundred HP.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To expand or simplify the above.

Play the highest PvE SCL you can place T10-20 on each sub (a new sub is when you have new nodes for the event)

Play the highest PvP SCL available to you and go for 25 wins (at least)

Do your DDQ each day. Not only will this net you 10HPs when you can clear enough nodes, I use it for my daily resupply, which often gives HPs.

Maintain farms. When you max champ a character, you can sell it for a nice chunk of iso & HPs and the levels between champing and max champ will give you rewards (including HPS). There is a process involved, but easy enough to find here or via googling.

If you can, consider a monthly bugle pittance. It’s cheap and will give you 27? days of bonus rewards, some of which will be HPs. I just got a 3* Spider-man pack for a steal in comparison.

There are other sources of HPs, such as the Shield Simulator and placement in PvP, but this is generally your greatest source of HP with the smallest amount of investment.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    The total resources gained in the game are mainly split between two game modes: PvPs and PvEs. The rewards in the game are more or less fixed: the higher the SCLs, the better the rewards.

Within each mode, HP are also split between progression rewards and placement rewards.

If you don't play any one of the game mode, your HP accumulation rate will decrease.

If you can play PvP SCL 6, aim for top 5. 
    If not, aim for the highest SCL.

If you play PvEs, aim for top 10 or even top 5. A good rule of thumb is that if you can clear PvEs (SCL 9 and lower) optimally within 25 minutes, it's a guaranteed top 10 placements. Higher placement rewards means higher HP gains.

If you can achieve the above, you will be able to accumulate ~2k HP per week, after taking into account champ rewards.

Other optional game modes
    Lighting Round is a good way to speed up your 2* farm, if you can get top 50 or top 100 placements. You get either 1 or 2 Heroic Tokens.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's not sugar coat it - the devs reduced the amount of HP in game everywhere (except increasing it a little in PVP, a leaving DDQ the same with its measly 10 HP).  You are supposed to feel the pinch in general.

PVP placement is going to require shields, and at minimum a good set of champed meta 4s.  Shields mean HP but you generally make up the cost in rewards IF you have a well developed roster and they become champ rewards (you're not just building your low covered 4s, in which case you might have a net cost in HP in exchange for some 4* covers and shields).

One trick I use with Deadpool tokens is saving them for approx a month (between 5* releases, but that's just my approach).  When I have about 45 tokens I open them and usually get 1-2 (or more) of the HP rewards; it's better than just opening all of them every day as far as increasing your odds.  

IF you are playing the game hard (grinding PVE and chasing scores/placement in PVP) and you are not in a top 100ish alliance, look for one ASAP since you will get better rewards and those will add up.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personally, I take a different approach to taco vaults. I look for meta 4s in gamependium (which is not always accurate) and hoard for those vaults. The idea being that if you can hoard something more than 100, you have meh odds of pulling a decent 4* (I like to have at least 200 personally).
    That said, taco vaults are a fairly valuable source of hero points early on, so you may want to find what works for you. I will say the hoarding method I use also pretty much guarantees at least one pull of 250 HPs.
    Also, a good alliance will help tons.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    krakenoon said:

Don’t mean to hijack this thread, but is anyone able to quantify how much this can help with resource generation?  I’ve been happily flying solo for my first 500+ days because in my mind I feel like a casual player, and I never wanted to deal with needing to be on at a certain time or for a certain amount of time, and in PvP I didn’t want to have to worry about accidentally hitting someone in my alliance since I don’t pay attention to names. However, in reality I play just about every PvE for optimal points, and I get at least 75 wins and t50 or t25 in every PvP, so if I’m missing out on a lot of resources for not being in an alliance of more than 1, then perhaps I should reconsider my stance?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    krakenoon said:

Don’t mean to hijack this thread, but is anyone able to quantify how much this can help with resource generation?  I’ve been happily flying solo for my first 500+ days because in my mind I feel like a casual player, and I never wanted to deal with needing to be on at a certain time or for a certain amount of time, and in PvP I didn’t want to have to worry about accidentally hitting someone in my alliance since I don’t pay attention to names. However, in reality I play just about every PvE for optimal points, and I get at least 75 wins and t50 or t25 in every PvP, so if I’m missing out on a lot of resources for not being in an alliance of more than 1, then perhaps I should reconsider my stance?
    One. Hundred. Percent.

You are qualifying at minimum for a T50 alliance if you are clearing PVE optimally.

Now....the sub rewards are not visible to me right now...but depending on your SCL you get 2-3 tokens per sub and some other stuff from being in a good alliance.  And then more good stuff (tokens, HP, etc) at the end of the event.  T100 alliances (in higher SCLs) get a free cover for the new 4s.

For PVP you might be a T50 to T100 alliance score (final score matters, but I assume you hit at least 600 by the end which is T100).  Just look at the rewards chart and see what you'd get 3x a week from those alliance rewards.   You're missing HP,  and probably 1-2 good tokens (Heroics, probably) every time an PVP ends.

Good alliances let you skip or take a vacation if they are high performing alliances (we all need breaks, ya know).  So you don't necessarily need to play hard all the time as long as you let them know you are taking a break.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even a T250 Alliance really helps, especially once you're up in the higher SCLs. You 100% should be in an Alliance of some sort.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    krakenoon said:

One. Hundred. Percent.

You are qualifying at minimum for a T50 alliance if you are clearing PVE optimally.

Now....the sub rewards are not visible to me right now...but depending on your SCL you get 2-3 tokens per sub and some other stuff from being in a good alliance.  And then more good stuff (tokens, HP, etc) at the end of the event.  T100 alliances (in higher SCLs) get a free cover for the new 4s.

For PVP you might be a T50 to T100 alliance score (final score matters, but I assume you hit at least 600 by the end which is T100).  Just look at the rewards chart and see what you'd get 3x a week from those alliance rewards.   You're missing HP,  and probably 1-2 good tokens (Heroics, probably) every time an PVP ends.

Good alliances let you skip or take a vacation if they are high performing alliances (we all need breaks, ya know).  So you don't necessarily need to play hard all the time as long as you let them know you are taking a break.
    Thanks.  I'll start looking into this soon!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Farm 2* characters, thats your best investment in the long term.

You get them constantly and you're much better off champing them, maxing them and selling them. Rinse and repeat. Initial investment is high but well worth it.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    krakenoon said:

One. Hundred. Percent.

While I agree that the alliances are a good thing to join in general, are the T50 alliances good for a "casual player" who doesn't want "to deal with needing to be on at a certain time or for a certain amount of time"?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    A T100 alliance will only be looking for green checks daily, basically; if that fits better for @ArchusMonk then that would be the direction I would go. Higher scores than that are probably approaching T50 territory.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    A T100 alliance will only be looking for green checks daily, basically; if that fits better for @ArchusMonk then that would be the direction I would go. Higher scores than that are probably approaching T50 territory.

It's true that the resource boost from top tier alliances are actually pretty significant over time, but the biggest aspect of alliance play is the social experience, which is both good and bad:
    the good:
    many players are cool people, and playing the game as part of a community is a lot of fun!
    the bad:
    The alliance system is demi's way of using human social behaviour to goose player engagement.  skipping out on a pve event because you have a busy week IRL makes tons of sense.  But once you are in an alliance it is very easy to fall into a mindset of "I don't want to let me my alliance-mates down!" and end up playing significantly more than you might otherwise prefer. 
    So I would say that if TC already grinds almost every event, and is willing to commit to grinding every day and up to 20+ hours a week, then joining an alliance makes a ton of sense.  When the time commitment is a sunk cost, then maximizing the value of that time with a good alliances makes tons of sense.  But if TC places a premium of flexibility and being able to skip any given event without regret or hassle, then I might suggest thinking twice about committing to a top 50/100 alliance.
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with recommending an alliance. Even a total casual one, but with daily players, will nett you 2000 iso extra per day, if you are in day 500+, you still needs oodles of iso besides hp, I assume.
    Also, consider joining an alliance group instead of a single alliance, especially if you do not know exactly where you fit. Start out with a T100, and move up to T50 or T25 if you consistently place high in your t100.

Larger groups often have different target alliances, from totally casual to t25, or focussed
    on pve, pvp or a hybrid. You can move between group alliances if your RL situation varies, without losing the social benefits of the people in the group that you can still interact with on Line, regardless of exactly where you are placed. Groups advertise often here on the alliance forum.