The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I was really happy to see this thread disappear from the main page for a while!

Sadly, it is needed again, as I am completely livid and near my wit’s end with this game. 

I lost my perfection in RtO and StD, only losing one match in each. This was due to the mana going to opponent bug.

I submit a ticket to support, hoping to get the difference between my reward and the rank 1 rewards. After all, fighting through this bug and coming out with 1 loss was a fairly monumental task.
    I had to really be careful matching, and was forced to play at the limit of my skill to win.

(In addition to all this, my city is being burned and looted each night with increasing frequency. I am already losing sleep staying up late, making sure my neighborhood is safe. The police were not available to respond to emergencies, there was so much looting at night.)

They simply gave me the difference between my low rank rewards and the next rank up (rank 197 in StD and 82 in RtO).

So, instead of rank 1 for my effort, I got 51-100 in StD and 26-50 in RtO. 
    I am not pleased in the slightest. Talk about my rear end feeling sore after this. I’ve spent good money supporting this game. It’s almost a spit in the face. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards

Sadly, it is needed again, as I am completely livid and near my wit’s end with this game. 

I lost my perfection in RtO and StD, only losing one match in each. This was due to the mana going to opponent bug.

I submit a ticket to support, hoping to get the difference between my reward and the rank 1 rewards. After all, fighting through this bug and coming out with 1 loss was a fairly monumental task.
    I had to really be careful matching, and was forced to play at the limit of my skill to win.

(In addition to all this, my city is being burned and looted each night with increasing frequency. I am already losing sleep staying up late, making sure my neighborhood is safe. The police were not available to respond to emergencies, there was so much looting at night.)

They simply gave me the difference between my low rank rewards and the next rank up (rank 197 in StD and 82 in RtO).

I am not pleased in the slightest. Talk about my rear end feeling sore after this. I’ve spent good money supporting this game. It’s almost a spit in the face. 
    Screw the RtO, I'm sorry to hear you're in one of the areas being affected by looting.

Luckily my part of NYC has been spared, although there are hotspots not far away that I'm keeping an eye on.

Hope you and yours stay safe and un-looted in these troubling times.
  • Smokincookz
    @Mburn7 Thanks, I appreciate that. My neighbors and I were all ok last night. We don’t often have break-ins around here, and I know some of my neighbors are well-armed for sure. My house has the advantage of layers of fencing and foliage, and being an old craftsman type, the first level is one story above the ground. Not an inviting target for home invasion.

The Home Depot nearby was not so fortunate... they had a helicopter and cruisers come, but probably too late. We already have a police force that is half the size it should be. 
    The local govt. corruption is ridiculous here, schools and roads are terrible, yet taxes are insanely high. Now, who knows how many small businesses got smashed and raided in the night? The police dispatch stream was just constant insanity... 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Mburn7 Thanks, I appreciate that. My neighbors and I were all ok last night. We don’t often have break-ins around here, and I know some of my neighbors are well-armed for sure. My house has the advantage of layers of fencing and foliage, and being an old craftsman type, the first level is one story above the ground. Not an inviting target for home invasion.

The Home Depot nearby was not so fortunate... they had a helicopter and cruisers come, but probably too late. We already have a police force that is half the size it should be. 
    The local govt. corruption is ridiculous here, schools and roads are terrible, yet taxes are insanely high. Now, who knows how many small businesses got smashed and raided in the night? The police dispatch stream was just constant insanity... 

I'm sorry to hear about the events.  I'm glad to hear you're okay, and hope you stay that way.

Everything is so crazy right now, I'm bracing for the pandemic spike as an unintended consequence of the gatherings.  I just found out yesterday that COVID took the life of one of my old magic buddies. :(

Stay safe everyone. <3
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hey,

I'm truly sorry to hear about what's happening in your city.
    I really hope you stay safe and everything works for the better from now on!

Unfortunately, this is the workflow from CS when it comes to cases like yours.
    The goal is to reduce the number of bugs so things like this don't happen in events.

Once again, we apologize for the bad experience and please stay safe out there  <3

With love,
    Marcela.
  • Smokincookz
    @FindingHeart8
    Oh man, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. I’ve been disconnected from so many people I used to know, I hope they’re all ok. One of my friends got hit pretty hard by it, but survived. 

I am also sorry to hear about the situation in Brazil, as so many losses could have been prevented. Take care of yourselves, family, and friends, wherever you are! 
  • FindingHeart8
    edited June 2020
    @FindingHeart8
    Oh man, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. I’ve been disconnected from so many people I used to know, I hope they’re all ok. One of my friends got hit pretty hard by it, but survived. 

I am also sorry to hear about the situation in Brazil, as so many losses could have been prevented. Take care of yourselves, family, and friends, wherever you are! 
    Thank you. I really appreciate it.  I just hope everyone is careful and stays safe. <3

Nature is a beautiful, but cruel beast.

I'm convinced now that Wrath of God should have been a green card lol
  • Smokincookz
    I’m done. I can’t do it anymore. Lately, the game is just a constant disappointment. A huge time drain to try and keep up, and the bugs keep screwing it for me in the end.

The bugs are rampant, & considering that we never get compensated properly for them, I’m just about done. It is infuriating and beyond ridiculous. There are other games that more generously compensate us for problems out of our control...

You can continue to only put us up to the next highest ranking as is the standard policy, but with the sizes of the brackets that still just gives us a tinykitty reward, compared to the rank 1 we work hard for. I have been robbed of hundreds, maybe even thousands, of crystals and jewels. Only to be told, “sorry, that’s the way it is, here’s your breadcrumbs”.

I really have a good heart to not throw in the towel, & request maximum refunds from Apple. Considering how much is broken, I really should. I am not feeling like I got a good value.
  • FindingHeart8
    I love the Seize the Day event, but I swear I find a new glitch every time I play it that results in a loss.  This one was a hard crash :/
  • Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Shark Typhoon has once again wrecked a match for me, of course costing me rewards. That card has been broken since the get go and I’m really sick of seeing it in decks. Is there any way to stop cards like this from being played until they are fixed? Rant over. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Muhhh said:
    Shark Typhoon has once again wrecked a match for me, of course costing me rewards. That card has been broken since the get go and I’m really sick of seeing it in decks. Is there any way to stop cards like this from being played until they are fixed? Rant over. 
    You probably know this, but you can avoid the bug by turning off the pop-up card animation. Ideal? No. But is it a solution in your control? Yes.
  • Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    jtwood said:
    Muhhh said:
    You probably know this, but you can avoid the bug by turning off the pop-up card animation. Ideal? No. But is it a solution in your control? Yes.
    I completely forgot about that. Thanks! Still annoying but a solid workaround. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Muhhh said:
    jtwood said:
    Muhhh said:
    I completely forgot about that. Thanks! Still annoying but a solid workaround. 
    Yeah, turning off the pop up animation also speeds the game up.  I turnee mine off originally, but I guess it reset with the recent update.
  • FindingHeart8
    it's really frustrating when you pick a planeswalker to help fit an objective (like Saheeli) only to get curbstomped by a Bolas deck with all the best staple cards.

There's no room for creativity in PvP :/
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2020
    That feeling when you build a no-mythics token-generating deck to meet the objectives and immediately run into a Song of Creation/Rakdos/Illuna deck. Yeah sure, my Wolf-token deck can totally handle a Rakdos every single turn.... :(

I generally like deck-building optional objectives more than in-battle ones (because the in-match ones usually drag out the fight) but at least with the in-battle objectives you can decide "welp not bothering with that, I'll settle for just eking out a win" when you run up against a dumb mismatch like that.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    /rant on
    %@#&amp;* 53 mins to go on TCT and I’m at placing @292 (edit ended at 302)and counting because I lost one match due to Greg getting triple matches every tinykitty turn.

/rant off

In all fairness the deck I was up against was a great design, so it would have been a tough match if the cascades had been more evenly distributed.

it is so frustrating that one bad roll of the dice is costing so much!
  • FindingHeart8
    Tremayne said:
    /rant on
    %@#&amp;* 53 mins to go on TCT and I’m at placing @292 (edit ended at 302)and counting because I lost one match due to Greg getting triple matches every tinykitty turn.

/rant off

In all fairness the deck I was up against was a great design, so it would have been a tough match if the cascades had been more evenly distributed.

it is so frustrating that one bad roll of the dice is costing so much!
    Yeah, who your set against randomly is puts a significant warp on game balance.

For example, in the 10 total matches per node: One player could face 3 low powered decks (underwhelming planeswalker uncommons and rares), 3 mid power decks (some rares + decent mythics), and 3 high powered decks (best planeswalker, all mythics, best cards for the color)
    Another player could face 6 high powered decks, 3 mid power, and 1 low power.

The current tier system doesn't do enough to provide accurate balance
  • FindingHeart8
    I hate how missing a single objective bumps you down from 1st place to a bracket with basically 0 rewards.

This all-or-nothing playstyle does not lead to fun gameplay.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    At least it lets me quit after I hit progression when I lose a match to a freeze. No pressure to fight on through a buggy mess.
  • Smokincookz
    White circle spinning endlessly, no new story mode, same old repetitive events. 

The first Guild Wars dropped back in ‘05 and still holds my interest more than this game. Also, it costs less than 1 month of master VIP.

I think the business model for MtG PQ needs a complete gutting and overhaul. Not to mention the unsavory rumor that our VIP and IAP money goes into development of Marvel PQ. Real nice shell game going on here.