MARVEL Puzzle Quest Will Be On SDCC@Home at the Official SDCC Twitch Channel (7/23/20)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    I realize this is probably too little too late, and no one will look at this comment in time (if at all), but going to the Comic-con twitch channel today at 2:24 EDT shows that nothing is scheduled until Saturday at 1 PM EDT.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    The pop-up in game mentioned a free gift.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 635 Critical Contributor
    this doesnt surprise me at all they probably didn’t even arrange it. Seriously what is happening at d3?! 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    this doesnt surprise me at all they probably didn’t even arrange it. Seriously what is happening at d3?! 
    It's clearly been taken over by A.I.M. and being run by M.O.D.O.K. after he killed the Developer Divine. All of this is proven by the new goons introduced and the evil shrink ray that was applied to the game screen.

Just trying it to see what happens when I do this....HAIL HYDRA!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Answering my own question because D3 does not actually care:

„All the panels will be prerecorded, The Wrap reported on July 6, so there won't be live fan interaction with the panelists.“
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I realize this is probably too little too late, and no one will look at this comment in time (if at all), but going to the Comic-con twitch channel today at 2:24 EDT shows that nothing is scheduled until Saturday at 1 PM EDT.
    Well, I went back to the channel and two women are randomly chatting about various games coming up, so I guess the MPQ thing will still show up.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:
    Well, I went back to the channel and two women are randomly chatting about various games coming up, so I guess the MPQ thing will still show up.
    We will be live in about an hour at 2PM PDT today.  See ya then!
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Is live now
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    So how do I get that 3 star Spiderman on Steam??
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pre recorded sections from the Devs..... I'd expect nothing less 
  • DyingLegend
    No new features, 3 star spiderman cover and antivenom is next 4star.

• LakeStone
    Thanks for watching everyone!  We hope you enjoyed the stream and we hope we can do more of these in the near future!  Let us know if there is anything you liked about it or didn't to help us participate in these in the future.

We also credited the Hero Points prize to the lucky winner right now that included their player name in the stream chat.  The winner will see a prize arrive in their game in the next couple of minutes.  

Thank you again and have a nice weekend!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its still posible to watch It now and select the part you want to listen. 
    My rusty english will not allow me to understand everything nevertheless.
    Maybe I will win those 40.000 HP 
  • JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Waste of time. They didnt talk about any of the ongoing problems about the game. Nothing productive, or what's in store for the future about the game. 
    I dont know why I act surprise. The typical like always.
  • DyingLegend
    LakeStone said:
    Thanks for watching everyone!  We hope you enjoyed the stream and we hope we can do more of these in the near future!  Let us know if there is anything you liked about it or didn't to help us participate in these in the future.

We also credited the Hero Points prize to the lucky winner right now that included their player name in the stream chat.  The winner will see a prize arrive in their game in the next couple of minutes.  

Thank you again and have a nice weekend!

The stream was Interesting if you were a new player. 

I think the majority of the people watching the stream were veteran players looking for a bit more meat and potatoes about some of the ongoing issues with the game. 

It would be nice in the future to have a true Q&A with the devs were some of the long lingering questions are answered. Maybe get some honest feedback about how the devs feel about power creep, character Nerf, unexpected character combinations etc. It's would be beneficial to have that type of conversation with the devs.

I would argue, through all the snarky comments and passive aggressive banter, there is a vibrant community of caring players that want to see this game be the best it can be, and be around for more years to come. That can't happen if the conversation is always one-sided. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    There are a number of developers, including big name developers, who spoke their minds and they ended up having to eat their words and apologise to their players because they got angry with what they said. From then on, the devs have to give "politically correct" replies because they don't want history to repeat.

I didn't catch the interview but I read the comments of those who watched the interview. It's like they were watching different interviews. Talk about perception.  :o

Edit: I just watched the video. These are what pop up for me related to the game:

1) possible new function/ui to choose characters for battle
    2) new healing mechanic with the introduction of Anti-Venom next week. Something to do with damage as well. Maybe opponents take damage every time your team heals?
    3) new goons
    4) working on new feature/function coming up for anniversary
    5) something geared specifically towards the more veteran players in the near future. My guess is PvE SCL 10 related?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing I would add that I picked up from the stream was about MPQ-unique content.

Specifically, they talked about Peggy, and about how it was cool for a game team to get to create something new for Marvel as a whole (as opposed to everything originating in the comics), and how it was cool for Peggy to get picked up by the Exiles comics. 

Then there was vague reference of more of that in the future. Part of what he was talking about was about unique stories, where the games can tell their own stories instead of just reprinting or re-imagining existing comic or MCU stories.

So the optimist would be excited that we might get something like Peggy in the future. A brand new character unique to MPQ. But the pessimist would point out that MPQ storylines (like Fight for Wakanda, or Strange Sights, or Cosmic Chaos, or Lost in Time, or Gwen Prix, so on and so forth) technically count as unique Marvel content originating from MPQ, and the teaser of "more to come" could just be an event with AIM goons (or the other new goons that have been teased).

Food for thought.
  • mahelio
    mahelio Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Any word on being able to redeem that gift that it said we could get if we're on steam? Can't post the link and get the rewards it looks like for steam players.
  • LakeStone
    mahelio said:
    Any word on being able to redeem that gift that it said we could get if we're on steam? Can't post the link and get the rewards it looks like for steam players.
    If you play on Steam, please reach out to Customer Support and they will be able to credit your account for this reward.