Release Notes 4.4 *UPDATE (08/19/20)

2»

Comments

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Imo bravery would be better if on your opponents turn you could chose to shift your bravery creature to first place. Maybe allowing that  creature  to be hit by your opponents deathtouch berserker thus freeing your other defenders to block elsewhere. Kind of like assigning blockers in paper.

And as posted above- just change the effects that need them to ‘at the beginning of combat on your turn’
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

*UPDATE (07/22/20)

Improvements
    • Improved the crafting time for Legacy cards in 90%.

Marcella, what does this mean? 

By the way, thank you for all the info! 
    Hi @andrewvanmarle
    Crafting Legacy cards was taking too long.
    Our team was able to improve this process and now it takes 90% less time to craft Legacy cards according to our tests.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stormcrow said:
    New set, new planeswalkers, yeah sure that's cool and all, but CHECK OUT THOSE BUG FIXES! That's good stuff.

Bravery makes sense as a way to make those "when this creature attacks, give your other creatures blah blah blah" effects actually worth something (and I guess it's easier to code in than a separate "declare attackers" step where that stuff triggers), but will we see that ability retroactively given to e.g Fervent Champion, Syr Faren, Syr Alin, Wintermoor Commander, all the other creatures with abilities like that?
    Thank you for the interest @Stormcrow !
    The team will consider this feedback.
    But first of all, they want to evaluate the performance of the new mechanic as the default workflow requires.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you for the interest @Stormcrow !
    The team will consider this feedback.
    But first of all, they want to evaluate the performance of the new mechanic as the default workflow requires.
    That makes perfect sense. Thank you so much for all your responsiveness and hard work, Marcella.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor

*UPDATE (07/22/20)

Improvements

Hi @andrewvanmarle
    Our team was able to improve this process and now it takes 90% less time to craft Legacy cards according to our tests.
    Do you mean the animation when crafting legacy cards?

Thanks Marcella!
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020

*UPDATE (07/22/20)

Improvements

Hi @andrewvanmarle
    Do you mean the animation when crafting legacy cards?

Thanks Marcella!
    When you craft a Legacy card right now, it just actually takes like 10 seconds for the crafting to happen.
    I had one take so long the other day that it locked up and didn't give me a card. Had to file a ticket.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:
    Poor Hypnox. It didn’t deserve this fate. 
    This card allowed for a total lock that was all too easy to do. This solved that problem. Loved that card though. 
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Crafting a legacy card takes about 40 seconds from hitting the button to showing the card
    At least for me
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome!! So what's the date for the release?
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Thank you so much, guys!
    I'm truly doing my best. I appreciate each one of you who are patient with me and support my work.
    I will keep working hard!
    Your hard work is much appreciated.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    jtwood said:
    Poor Hypnox. It didn’t deserve this fate. 
    This card allowed for a total lock that was all too easy to do. This solved that problem. Loved that card though. 
    It’s not a total lock. Doesn’t stop the opp from drawing a card and casting it. And by Legacy standards, it doesn’t seem out of sorts with other bonkers combos.  
    I know we won’t get original Hypnox back, but I am surprised it already got nerfed.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Awesome!! So what's the date for the release?
    Next week. Probably Tuesday. Check out the schedule for the end of July. We're playing the new M21 event - A Timeless Voyage on 7/31.
  • silentspring
    silentspring Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Huh. So Siona, Captain of the Pyleas is still bugged?

I wish it was corrected. 
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    They didn't say the new M21 Elite+ Pack got lower chance of getting Masterpiece: it used to be 29% (almost 1/3 chance), now it is 11% (1/9). 

Many people don't realize that and still buy this pack, unaware.

To me, there's no more point to buy M21 Elite+ packs. After a year of playing, I have nearly 200 Mythics, and only 16 Masterpieces. The 1/3 ratio, while still "less than more", was fair and gave people chance of getting _sometimes_ a Masterpiece. Now it is worthless.

I'll stay with Ikoria, Theros etc. Elite+, and once they're out of Standard - I'll consider if the game is still playable, as there won't by anything worth chasing if I can't get Masterpieces.

Shame, Hexagon. And even more shame for passing this quietly.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Persil - thank you for bringing this up. I hadn’t seen this change, probably because I got a MP in my 2nd Elite+ pack. :smile:

In my experience, it is typical of D3/Octagon to pull this kind of stunt. They have done this numerous times during the years I have been playing MTGPQ, so my outrage is limited, but I totally get why you are upset. 

This is (at least) the second unannounced change with the M21 update, that the players have to complain about (the other was the exclusive debacle, maybe there are more, I don’t know).

It seems that, if you want to play MTGPQ, it is necessary to be a world class test manager/tester, because every single time you log in, you have to validate that everything you thought was, still is. The game is riddled with unannounced change (mostly due to bugs) which you have to inform D3/Octagon about before they are found and fixed (eventually). 
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Ok, current M21 Elite+ pack (which is M21 pack #3) has again Masterpiece chance of 28,57%. Did they fix all three M21 packs, or is it just this one?