R207 Release needs to be adjusted or rolled back

Options
AndiTi
AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
There is a healthy discussion on the announcement for this release, which has significantly reduced the player experience on many devices including my iPad. I don't know who monitors what boards, but I wanted to make sure developers go to that thread and read the basically universal negative feedback on this change. I for one sincerely hope this is not what was intended and there is some sort of error, because today was the first time I ever asked myself "can I play the game long term this way, or is this enough to push me away?".

Maybe I will get used to it, but my experience is seriously THAT BAD. I still have events I would normally be playing but I don't really want to deal with the game as is. There is an excellent before/after photo set on the release thread.

Devs, please pay attention to this.

Comments

• Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seriously, I’ve lost 25% of my screen real estate (iPad)! Who the heck thought this is an improvement?!? Are you guys TRYING to make players quit?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The reason I'm playing on my ipad in the first place is because of the larger screen size. If I wanted to play on a smaller screen I'd have installed it on my phone.

In the release thread, there were also complaints by visually impaired players who have a hard time with the size reduction. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    The reason I'm playing on my ipad in the first place is because of the larger screen size. If I wanted to play on a smaller screen I'd have installed it on my phone.

In the release thread, there were also complaints by visually impaired players who have a hard time with the size reduction. 
    I'm a 50-year old gamer who began wearing reading glasses a couple of years ago.

I think like most people who get glasses later in life, I should have already been wearing glasses long before I finally got them. When I finally got them and put them on, I could not believe different it made with my phone. The text was crystal clear, the colours just popped, and MPQ was almost a different game.

Now I admit it's been a couple of years since I got my glasses and eyesight has probably deteriorated a little more, but with the R207 release I went from being able to read the text to not quite being able to read it, and especially the number of times I've hit a node, those little numbers are incredibly hard to read.

This makes doing my clears a little challenging sometimes because I cannot easily see if I've hit a node 3 times or 4.
    For easy nodes it's easy, If I get the Standard Token, I've hit the node 4 times.
    For the harder nodes it's not so easy, and especially not if I'm doing CL10 where you only hit each node 3 times as I have not memorized the prizes for the third clear on 10's nodes.
    I know, I know. It's 3 taps per node. How hard can it be to count to 3, right?
    It's not that you're hitting each node 3 times, well, actually, it is.
    Because when you're playing competitively like I do (I currently have a decent chance of finishing T10 in Infinite Pursuit at CL10) you're trying to hit your nodes as quickly as you can and it's easy to lose count when you're switching between nodes.

THERE NEEDS TO BE AN OPTION TO MAKE THE IN-GAME TEXT LARGER

...is what I'm trying to say.

I wonder if making the text so small without including an option to make it larger for the visually impaired could be considered an ADA violation?
  • JustJoe
    JustJoe Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    In my case, THIS game has worsened my sight, and therefore has made me really evaluate its worthiness. All the effects (even if the settings are off) on small screens where you need to concentrate your eyes on what's happening on the board has become really irritating. The tiles still generate flashy effects and After like 5-10 minutes of being focused on the screen I need another 5 minutes to recover from seeing all the colourful sh1t in front of my eyes. This has never happened before, and since I value my health, not even 100 000 HP points reward would bring me back until this gets resolved. I am just happy to see that people brought these stuff up.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My eyesight is considered good, but I've recently switched over to using my iPad for most of my gameplay and my experience has been much better. To improve the user experience on all devices, an increase in the font size on text for character powers, as well as, on event rules would go a long way. I can't imagine that would be too difficult to do since most of the text box following the description is blank. To note, I can read the text on the HP sale notification just fine on my iPhone. ;) Maybe it's possible to adjust the font size all around.