Lord of Thunder - Thor strikes back - 26-28.03

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    It's got Alliance rewards, yes. Currently the top 3* reward is Patch and the event now has its own Comic Pack which it didn't have before.

Our brotherhood rejoices at the chance to be blessed by Patch's covers.

Xmen

As long as it has a red / yellow S&V or a green / blue IW then I'm down.
  • Oh boy another PvP tournament I get to ignore while I play other games. No complaints in the short term, but darn it'd be nice to see GSBW or Hulk offered as a reward some day.
  • I would like Hulk or GSBW, both are currently horrifically covered and Hero Lightning Rounds are not my thing. Id like them to be but facing 10k Spideys, NTY.
  • IceIX wrote:
    It's got Alliance rewards, yes. Currently the top 3* reward is Patch and the event now has its own Comic Pack which it didn't have before.

Xmen

Been wondering...what is your stance on xforce? Evil twin, patch before he became enlightened, warrior patch, fake blasphemy? Also, what will you all do and almost none of you have an xforce if he gets buffed finally? Or worse yet...what will you do if you have to decide between patches and xforce?

I also heard that on the 3rd turn patch's health rose in fulfilment of the sacred texts, but I've also heard other accounts that he could always do that. What is a true believer suppose to believe...if all he believes is truth!
  • For the last time Thor is a GOD .

Lord of Thunder sounds like a college rock band.

And the only cool Lord is British (anyone catch the awesome reference? icon_e_smile.gif )
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:

Xmen

Been wondering...what is your stance on xforce? Evil twin, patch before he became enlightened, warrior patch, fake blasphemy? Also, what will you all do and almost none of you have an xforce if he gets buffed finally? Or worse yet...what will you do if you have to decide between patches and xforce?

I also heard that on the 3rd turn patch's health rose in fulfilment of the sacred texts, but I've also heard other accounts that he could always do that. What is a true believer suppose to believe...if all he believes is truth!

We have no qualms with xforce. He, along with Patch and Astonishing, are all of one Wolverine. Our celebration of one does not disrespect another. We do not begrudge our brothers for using Patch's other halves (so to speak).
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have no qualms with xforce. He, along with Patch and Astonishing, are all of one Wolverine. Our celebration of one does not disrespect another. We do not begrudge our brothers for using Patch's other halves (so to speak).

What's the current feeling with Daken?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to tank this one, nothing in it for me.

But I have an Alliance. I think I'll have to tank it and see if we get close to rewards. Push if we are, full tank if not.
  • morphy wrote:
    For the last time Thor is a GOD .

And the only cool Lord is British (anyone catch the awesome reference? icon_e_smile.gif )

I was a GM for UO for a brief stint back in the day. So, yes I do!

Here's a write-up on my experiences I did for Destructoid a few years back when I was games blogging, if you have any interest!

http://www.destructoid.com/i-the-author-tales-of-an-omnipotent-public-servant-139162.phtml
  • Please update the first post with event details.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I could really use some Patch covers, but my Thor is a fat and lazy bum. If the provided Thor is significantly boosted, I'll have to live and did with him.
  • I will enter in case someone in my alliance needs that Patch cover, but I do not plan to shield or anything.
  • same but I'll prob just fight for the extra hp, enter at the last 2 hours, if I can't get it, meh no big deal.
  • morphy wrote:

Ultima series of games. I remember playing so you can guess how old I am!
  • morphy wrote:
    For the last time Thor is a GOD .

I was a GM for UO for a brief stint back in the day. So, yes I do!

Here's a write-up on my experiences I did for Destructoid a few years back when I was games blogging, if you have any interest!

http://www.destructoid.com/i-the-author-tales-of-an-omnipotent-public-servant-139162.phtml

Oh wow... those were the days!

I wasn't an animal tamer, but I remember the riots over the skill nerfing. I can't remember a game that has allowed anyone to really be that "industrious" in an MMO since UO. Good times, indeed!
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Probably "Ungrateful brat".
  • jozier wrote:
    Please update the first post with event details.
    Done.
  • We have no qualms with xforce. He, along with Patch and Astonishing, are all of one Wolverine. Our celebration of one does not disrespect another. We do not begrudge our brothers for using Patch's other halves (so to speak).

The Divine Trinity of Wolverine !

I WAH-HOO in glory to their name !
  • Tolken wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Probably "Ungrateful brat".

Politically correct term would be "Prodigal Son". I bet Patch's claws... Er, arms are always open for Daken.

edit: Also I'm not very keen on this PvP. My lvl30 1/2/2 LazyThor is not pumped up enough and my Patch is fully covered already. So it's perfect event for tanking! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tapped the 100 point reward.

Loaded in Daredevil & Bagman with the loaner Thor.

Smack away folks!