Returning player pack Question

Options
ROTBI
ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
If I have unused packs, for example from Webbed Wonder, leave them unopened for so long that a different Webbed Wonder event comes and goes...will I have the total number of packs I've earned from both events or will I lose some.

Additionally, which event's pool of covers, if either, will it pull from?

Long story short, is it theoretically possible, albeit impractical, to guarantee a 100% event vault clearance if you save enough packs over a long course of time?

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    ROTBI said:
    Long story short, is it theoretically possible, albeit impractical, to guarantee a 100% event vault clearance if you save enough packs over a long course of time?
    Yes.
    But but it's not quite straightforward. This Webbed Wonder is a new character release. So you aren't getting the normal Webbed Wonder vault of 80 items. So if you don't spend any of these tokens they won't be added to the other tokens you've saved from a regular Webbed Wonder run (where there is a vault). Instead you get a separate set of saved tokens for Webbed Wonder that contain just what was in this release. After this event ends if you look through your saved tokens you'll see 2 sets of saved Webbed Wonder tokens.
    But in general, what you want to do (save 80 tokens across multiple runs) is possible as I and many others do this. Since this event is a character release event and they aren't added to the vault total you may as well go ahead and pull them (I'm pulling mine).
    KGB

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Old tokens typically go into an expired pack token for that event.  It becomes an idea based instead of a vault.

the only tokens that go back into vaults are taco tokens.

this means if you have old tokens go ahead and pull them if you have the HP to roster new characters
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Thank you for your detailed response, KGB.  That was most helpful.