Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    I just pulled/earned NINE 1* Yelena Black covers in a row. How is that possible?
    For all the things that come and go in this game, the wonky RNG in PVP rewards remains eternal...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Borstock said:
    I just pulled/earned NINE 1* Yelena Black covers in a row. How is that possible?
    For all the things that come and go in this game, the wonky RNG in PVP rewards remains eternal...

Followed it up yesterday with five straight 1* Spidey blues. So odd.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    ZootSax said:
    Borstock said:

Followed it up yesterday with five straight 1* Spidey blues. So odd.
    I've got seven of his purples in my saved covers section...this after having about a half dozen 1-star Storm yellow for at least a week.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I collected my Howard cover from Webbed Wonder adding it to the save pile and I noticed that I have 14 saved Howard covers! Considering he is limited, I have no idea where they all came from - does Webbed Wonder rotate that often?!?!? I guess I might have to seriously consider champing him now...
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    So I collected my Howard cover from Webbed Wonder adding it to the save pile and I noticed that I have 14 saved Howard covers! Considering he is limited, I have no idea where they all came from - does Webbed Wonder rotate that often?!?!? I guess I might have to seriously consider champing him now...
    Webbed wonder is run pretty frequently and guarantees a cover for him, so yeah.
  • DAZ0273
    DeNappa said:
    DAZ0273 said:

If we can please swap him out for Taskmaster, he can replicate the Quack-Fu, that would be nice!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    DeNappa said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    To be specific, WW has run a bit more frequently than every 2 months over the past 6 months.  As are all events, mostly, except for bosses and Fight for Wakanda, and of course the mothballed events.

So 14 saved covers means approx 26-27 months of saving Howards.  (barring drawing saved covers from Anniversary vaults, earning them in events at Anniversary....maybe more like 18 months)
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Both my Dino and Howard are at 292.  I have never had a cover expire on the vine when that was a thing, was lucky in RNG color order, and never sold any.  Obviously, aside from Anniversary, they are not earned the same way.  This post really has no point except Coincidences are fun!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weren't Howard covers also made available during one of the Anniversaries for HP in a vault? Maybe it was Dino. I remember getting a lot of covers for a Limited character one Anniversary because a vault was just loaded with them.
  • bluewolf
    Borstock said:
    Weren't Howard covers also made available during one of the Anniversaries for HP in a vault? Maybe it was Dino. I remember getting a lot of covers for a Limited character one Anniversary because a vault was just loaded with them.
    The last Anniversary, at least (and possibly the one before that) became all about Limited characters.  I suppose because there are now 4 of them.  So yeah, if you used HP/tokens in there you could certainly have pulled some Howards.  As well as earning one if you played enough of his PVP (which I assume was run last Anniversary).  (Remember when we used to have Duck Season?)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just love it when the AI casts the 'Happy Birthday Runt' TU and I use Kitty. Hey pal, thanks for the strikes.
  • DAZ0273
    qandols said:
    I just love it when the AI casts the 'Happy Birthday Runt' TU and I use Kitty. Hey pal, thanks for the strikes.

Likewise when Elektra gives you free strikes with her purple - she isn't such an evil assassin!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    qandols said:

Likewise when Elektra gives you free strikes with her purple - she isn't such an evil assassin!
    Less fun if you have a bunch of buffed Gritty strike tiles. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do the Pet Avengers fight ISO-0 BroHo Critter-ions?
    Also, it feels weird pluralizing them as Criterions instead of Criteria, but they are something completely different from the usual use of that word, so having a different plural does make sense.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Do the Pet Avengers fight ISO-0 BroHo Critter-ions?
    Also, it feels weird pluralizing them as Criterions instead of Criteria, but they are something completely different from the usual use of that word, so having a different plural does make sense.
    Just like the plural of medium is media, but mediums and media are something different.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes, I wonder if someone wrote a script to detect players who hit 800 points in PvP S2 or S5. I'm quite amazed by how a group of 5* (including multi 5) players can begin their relentless assault the moment 800 points is reached. Either that, they are spending their life refreshing the leaderboard.  :o
  • bluewolf
    Sometimes, I wonder if someone wrote a script to detect players who hit 800 points in PvP S2 or S5. I'm quite amazed by how a group of 5* (including multi 5) players can begin their relentless assault the moment 800 points is reached. Either that, they are spending their life refreshing the leaderboard.  :o
    It has nothing to do with looking at leaderboards.  It has to do with 5* PVP being a horrible slog with many people running BRBitty or Hulkoye.

If any target shows up that is fast to beat (4* teams) a player looking for wins or fast matches will be all over them. Many 5* players are playing for wins nowadays because the BRBitty meta suppresses scores (no one can play fast or build many points, so hopping is less effective).

ALSO, it is going to depend a lot on the particular PVP.  There are more people chasing the 900/40 win cover this time (Misty's PVP) than usual.

Anyway, once you are over 800 or so you are now in the zone of players all looking for 900 points and will be showing up in lots of qs.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just amazed by how fast they are and I can never see them anywhere near the leaderboard while climbing. It seems like they are deliberately losing matches to keep their scores low. I'm always losing at least 30+ points on average to these 5* players. I think there's a term for them. Sniper/Enforcer?
  • bluewolf
    I'm just amazed by how fast they are and I can never see them anywhere near the leaderboard while climbing. It seems like they are deliberately losing matches to keep their scores low. I'm always losing at least 30+ points on average to these 5* players. I think there's a term for them. Sniper/Enforcer?
    5* players often climb late since they can do so easily by targeting the biggest scores (other 5 teams floating high) and you are probably collateral damage, if you’re losing that many points on the hits. 
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker

"Marvel Puzzle Quest introduce exciting new landscape mode!"