What's the scoop on alliances?

Options
HootieMac
HootieMac Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi- First post here, though I've been playing the game for several months and lurking here for a while as well.

I'm trying to figure how how exactly alliances work. How do they function during events, how do individual members contribute, etc... Really the only thing I know about them is that they exist. I'm trying to determine if it's worth joining one or if I should just keep rolling on my own.

Sorry if this information is easily found in these forums or elsewhere, but I just can't find it. Thanks

Comments

• You should join, clearly. You're missing out on an entire category of rewards without one. And I believe that alliance scores are figured by a simple total of all members' scores during the event, though I could be wrong. Even if there isn't a spot in a top 50 alliance, you should just get with any you can, every extra ISO helps!
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Short explanation of CURRENT Alliances:

#1 You want to join an Alliance. Even if it's just a small 5 person public alliance.
    Alliance rewards are now becoming very common place in events. The current reward structure setup means you get something extra just for being in one even if it performs very poorly.

#2 Alliance points are additive between members. Ex: 3 person alliance: Bob Jane and Todd:
    Bob has 100 points, Jane has 300 points and todd has 50points. The alliance has 450pts.
    This means it is advantageous to join larger alliances.

#3 Spots for an Alliance cost 100 hero points multiplied by the spot number. (When someone creates a new alliance, after they pay the startup fee 500 iirc, they are given 5 initial spots) Opening spot 6 costs 600 hp, spot 11 costs 1100 hp.

Alliances max out currently @ 20.

Because of this, most larger alliances (15+) ask members to "pay for the next spot". 14/15 alliance this would mean paying for spot 16 (or 1600 hp)

#4 Commanders: Simple Alliance administrators. Able to make the alliance public or private, Add new spots, Approve or Dismiss applicants, and Kick people.
  • HootieMac
    Options
    So are Alliance results essentially a sum of all the individual members efforts during events? You don't have to specifically do anything different/separate for Alliance actions vs. solo actions?
  • HootieMac
    Options
    Tolken wrote:
    Short explanation of CURRENT Alliances:

#1 You want to join an Alliance. Even if it's just a small 5 person public alliance.
    Alliance rewards are now becoming very common place in events. The current reward structure setup means get something extra just for being in one even if it performs very poorly.

#2 Alliance points are additive between members. Ex: 3 person alliance: Bob Jane and Todd:
    Bob has 100 points, Jane has 300 points and todd has 50points. The alliance has 450pts.
    This means it is advantageous to join larger alliances.

#3 Spots for an Alliance cost 100 hero points multiplied by the spot number. (When someone creates a new alliance, after they pay the startup fee 500 iirc, they are given 5 initial spots) Opening spot 6 costs 600 hp, spot 11 costs 1100 hp.

Alliances max out currently @ 20.

Because of this, most larger alliances (15+) ask members to "pay for the next spot". 14/15 alliance this would mean paying for spot 16 (or 1600 hp)

#4 Commanders: Simple Alliance administrators. Able to make the alliance public or private, Add new spots, Invite people to join, and Kick people.

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!