Best way to approach pulling latests

Options
helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
So a funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum...
For the first time in my MPQ playing history, I busted my hoard and was able to get 13 covers for all 3 latests at the time: iHulk, Yelena, and Poccy. Now the question is how to move forward.
  • Option 1: Before the aformentioned accomplishment, I would usually draw every time a new 5* entered until I got 1 cover for the new one and then stop. I could keep doing this to get Onslaught, but I don't really want/need covers for Poccy or Yelena, and my hoard is much less than it once was so wasted pulls hurt.
  • Option 2: I can wait until the latest vault has 3 new characters (Onslaught, Killmonger, and X) and then draw until I get a certain number of covers for each. But how many? I don't need 13 as there will be shards to earn and they might get a feeder (worth another 6 covers). 
  • Option 3: What is option 3?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Comments

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3. Wait for new legends store, pull just to roster & spend on classics/save for anniversary?
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll take door #1 helix. For PvE sake in my case, get 'em while dey fresh.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @OJSP I'm pretty consistent with my play:

PvE: SCL10 slice 2, play to full progression, usually T200. Because I have no champed 5*s, I usually only get 0-2 clears on the 5e node anyway.
    PvP: SCL10 slice 1, play to 1000, shield and out, usually T100

I'm not intentionally trying to get more competitive but anything that gets me my progression goals in less time would be welcome.

I should keep better track of my resources. As of this morning (post DDQ) I have 96 LTs and 4184 CP. I'll see what I have a week from now.

I am thinking about the Killmonger special store because it has Okoye in it, and from what I've learned, sounds like more Okoye levels are never a bad thing (once I do champ her).
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Option 3: keep hoarding until there are two or three 5 stars in latest that you really like and want or a great special store.  Play scl 10 to progression and you will be able to get at least one cover of each new 5 star to be able to do the 5E node without having to spend any tokens or cp.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm almost at the point where I can start building up hoards. I finished iHulk just days before he he left so I was able to hoard 7 pulls in LTs and CP when Onslaught came in. Yelena is likely a lost cause to be fully covered, she's decently covered at 3/2/2, but I don't expect to get her fully covered. Apoc on the other hand is at 2/5/2 with a saved cover already. It's looking like I'll be able to complete him before he leaves and build up a decent hoard before the next 5* after Killmonger enters the store.

I think I'm at the point that if Apoc is complete before Yelena leaves the store I'll stop pulling and wait until Killmonger enters, pull till I get one of him then hoard until Apoc leaves.