Crash of Titans (Deadpool Daily)

thedarkphoenix
thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
This really should reset daily at this point with everything else.

It would literally give us a 1 in 7 chance week (statistically speaking) to get a single 5 star cover. So basically if  are extremely lucky you could almost cover a single 5 star in 3 months provided you got a cover each week.

The odds of that happening are low but it could.

In a nutshell at this point there is no breathing room to even go back and get old 5 covers, and the rate we are getting 5's now....it probably wont change, and while the ability to get covers is improved from last year its still really bad especially with the burst of 5's lately.

Having a 1 in 7 chance to get a cover every week would do good for moral, and truthfully just makes sense.

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    OJSP said:
    You’ve made a good point. Personally, I’d be happy if they increase the frequency too.

However, the reason why the node was kept opened for 5 days instead of just on the first day was to give more time for players to beat the node. If we make it daily, the newer players and those with poorly covered required characters will have trouble keeping up.
    Right but they also have increased odd of getting tokens over all. They can't beat 1 or 2 Crashes? Well they still have a net improvement of 5 LT compared to the one chance they get every week to beat one ya know?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point they should do a 5 star only node that refreshes every 5 days and grants an LT and making a daily 4 star node that rewards a cover for the daily required character. I doubt they will do a cover, they will most likely do 200 shards as its their idea of "best value". Take twice as long to cover something giving you the option of choice.

Personally they need to look at overall roster level and offer a Deadpool daily that fits to what you are chasing or allow you to select a difficulty level for it.

One big thing i could get behind, depending how it was implemented, is having two 4 star nodes that you can pick one per day to complete.
    My logic behind this is there are 47 three star characters and 99 4 star characters ( as of right now) so offering a daily 3 star cover and the option to pick between two 4 star characters put on the monthly pace and rotation with the 3 stars. So let say one day they offer a choice between Medusa and Hellcat ( Old and New). Now you have a choice to level an older character and a newer character.

This game is very stingy with rewards though, and they have been stealth nerfing a lot of things without telling anyone, so i doubt they will make any adjustments to this anytime soon.
    They could add an SCL element to DDQ where you get one or two extra nodes with varying difficulty and rewards maybe.

Here's an idea......make it so that you get 80 shards a day for a specific 4 (maybe you can choose like in the Gwenpool Quest, as you suggest) and so every 5 days you can add one single cover (400 shards) for one 4.

I don't think players really need more covers or shards for Latest 4s since they stick around so long in PVE at this point, so I'd think Vintage 4s would be more valuable/appealing.

Oh!  What if you could get one cover for the next 4 who is in a Crash?  Maybe that's too generous, but it would create more incentive to get players logging in every day.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see the Crash increase in levels up to 4 times (if you beat it each day).
    Day 1: L270 (LT reward)
    Day 2: L300 (LT reward)
    Day3: L330 (? reward)
    Day4: L360 (? reward)
    Not sure what to reward on day3&4. Definitely needs to be better than an LT given how the difficulty will be ramping up by that point. Maybe an LT plus some 5* shards (25 for day 3 and 50 for day 4).
    KGB
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just started playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes a couple months ago.  While the game is not without its flaws, I will say that the events refresh daily.  So even if I don't have the essential characters to participate one day, I may have them the next day.  And if I can't beat it in one day, I know I'm not powerful enough and I'll try it again when it rolls around again.  Is it a little frustrating to have multiple days when I can't do any of the special events?  Yeah.  But it's far less annoying than having to sit there for 5 days not being able to make any headway.

My vote as a vet is one Crash a day.  And if I've learned anything from SW:GotH as a newbie, it's that I'd also support a daily Crash as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of these ideas sound like they are from Gwen Prix, a perfectly fine event that could stand to come back any time they like...
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    An alternative that the devs might find palatable is to change it to daily, but reward a Classic Legendary token. It doesn't break their new release piggybank, and gives players the mirage of being able to catch up on classics.
  • thedarkphoenix
    scottee said:
    An alternative that the devs might find palatable is to change it to daily, but reward a Classic Legendary token. It doesn't break their new release piggybank, and gives players the mirage of being able to catch up on classics.
    I like that too, that's a good middle grown.

1 crash every 5 day's thats a LT and the rest classic, I can definitely work with that.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. Years of daily play and/or thousands of dollars just to reach 5* play was deemed “too generous”.... don’t expect much going forward.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    This DDQ will never change , although I like the idea that younger players have the best opportunity to get rewards in it, even though the whales who’ve still hung around literally get almost nothing useful from it. At least PvP is using 4 star characters now, which until recently you had to dig up an unused useless 3 star to play along side your 2 champed 5 stars . 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    I agree. Years of daily play and/or thousands of dollars just to reach 5* play was deemed “too generous”.... don’t expect much going forward.
    I've said it multiple times, I've never seen a more stingy company with handing out rewards or resources.
    I don't know what makes them think 250 ISO and a standard token helps a player trying to transition to 5 star world. 

I'm starting to think the more and more we look at things that need updating, they wont update them, but release a MPQ 2 with added features. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

Why the developers would choose now to do it would be beyond me. 

Like how we just got a brand new way to view a shield icon?  Unexpected.  Unasked for.  Weird.
  • bluewolf
    I hate to be “that guy”, but ever since the removal of Bonus Heroes, the developers have been nerfing rewards left and right, increasing the release rate of end game content, and requiring more playing time than ever to make progress toward obtaining said content.  It’s very clear the new direction the company has chosen to go with regards to how they are trying to make their money (burnout and mass exits be damned!). 

This topic of updating DDQ has come up time and time again. Why the developers would choose now to do it would be beyond me. I’d be highly highly surprised if they made any strictly player friendly changes to DDQ right now. At best I’d expect a one step forward, two steps back exchange. 
    I do not think it is likely they will work on DDQ, but there is a possible value to the devs in doing so.

There are a lot of players who are only playing DDQ, or drop to it temporarily, or whatever.  There are SO MANY 4s in the game now....adding a partial 4 or a full 4 cover every 5 days in DDQ (beyond the LT) would not dramatically impact the game economy.  But that point has been brought up many times....

Anyway, it seems to me that making it just a little better to play DDQ would help keep engagement up a bit as far as keeping people playing, and possibly getting some to play more when they get a cover or something they have been waiting for.

Also.....new 4s mean new slots and a person who isn't playing PVE or PVP won't get those very often, if at all.  If a person gets a cover for an unrostered 4 from DDQ maybe they buy a slot and get motivated to chase more covers, etc.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Update Burrito to give a 4* cover and bring back Gwenpool with 5* shards.
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Sorry if its been mentioned but what happened to earning Deadpool points? I don't get the notification after using him in a match anymore. 
  • bluewolf
    trat73 said:
    Sorry if its been mentioned but what happened to earning Deadpool points? I don't get the notification after using him in a match anymore. 
    Did you max them out?  I just got mine for the day.

I think it will stop displaying once you have the maximum possible.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    trat73 said:
    Did you max them out?  I just got mine for the day.

I think it will stop displaying once you have the maximum possible.
    Yep.  the max is 999,999.  Drop some whales, buddy!  :)