Attack tiles and floating damage numbers - PLEASE MAKE IT STOP ALREADY!

Options
bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
Look...it's been years of playing and I don't want to contemplate how much of my life I have spent waiting for little dmg numbers to float across the screen.

How about this:  We just see a little flash when the Attack Tiles do their thing and the dmg appears on your character.  That would be pretty clear, right?  We have CDs that do dmg per turn so it's already an established game practice.

It is just wasting all of our time every time an attack tile is placed and you then need to wait for the dmg.

I have Supports that place Attack tiles that I WISH DIDN'T because I don't want to wait for the piddly dmg which has almost no benefit to me but takes up more of my precious time.  Same thing with powers that place attack tiles that have low dmg.

This would a pure win as far as QOL and best of all - cost the devs nothing except the time making it happen.  No giveaway to players, no major UI work.  Just make the dmg happen instantly instead of floating across the screen.

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree. Attack tile resolution is the most painful element in the game. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    Options
    You have to hear the pitiful punch sound Everytime before the numbers even float up.  Turning off animations should also turn this garbage off.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I laugh at the irony of the people who have time to play video games thinking their time is precious . 😂😂. You people need to get over yourself . 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I laugh at the irony of the day people who have time to play video games thinking their time is precious . 😂😂. You people need to get over yourself . 
    .........  Fine. 

I am a person who has time to play a video game but this element makes me enjoy it less and therefore less likely to spend money and consider that there are more enjoyable things to do with my time. Which is not “precious” apparently, but I still value it.  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I laugh at the irony of the people who have time to play video games thinking their time is precious . 😂😂. You people need to get over yourself . 

My time is precious, i can certainly spend it in other places. Maybe this feature takes away the limited time they have to play the game in a day. Attack tiles damage numbers are tremendously annoying.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    @bluewolf especially since they added the ability to tap an attack, shield or strike tile to see the aggregate total damage.

-JaGo
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I laugh at the irony of the day people who have time to play video games thinking their time is precious . 😂😂. You people need to get over yourself . 
    .........  Fine. 

I am a person who has time to play a video game but this element makes me enjoy it less and therefore less likely to spend money and consider that there are more enjoyable things to do with my time. Which is not “precious” apparently, but I still value it.  
    I thought you vowed to not spend anymore money until Bishop gets nerfed.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Borstock said:
    bluewolf said:
    .........  Fine. 

Well, maybe that will happen sometime. 

Doesn’t mean I can’t be annoyed by other things as well. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JaGo said:
    @bluewolf especially since they added the ability to tap an attack, shield or strike tile to see the aggregate total damage.

-JaGo
    Still not available on Steam...  *sigh*
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has to be one of the most annoying little things in this game, they don't seem to want to bother fixing that but messing around with the whole support screen, sure let's do that! (noone asked for that last change btw...)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    It would be great to speed up their animations. As a competitive player, playing in heavy Mindless goons PvEs increase my playtime by 5-10 minutes x 2 for 4+3 or 7 clears.  That's actually 10 to 20 mins of waiting for their animations per day.  :o I could use this time to play 3 to 6 PvP matches instead.

They have sped up the placement of special tiles by Mindless. Strangely, it applies only to the first match of when you fully close and open MPQ app. 
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yep, if you regularly quit and restart MPQ after every match, you can be in "fast mode" all the time.  :)

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Totally agreed.

Said that I am going to add, that it is a bit sad that we need to play the game for so long, and so fast, that small animations like these annoys us so much ... Seriously the day Devs decided that this game was all about repetition and speed was a sad day. 

PS: Still hoping a new form of Gauntlet comes back some day. And Scl10 was also big opportunity failed to change this.
  • Borstock
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Borstock said:
    bluewolf said:
    .........  Fine. 

But it does take the teeth out of your threat to stop spending.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    bluewolf said:
    Borstock said:
    bluewolf said:
    .........  Fine. 

He didn't threaten to stop spending, he said that it makes him less likely to start spending.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Between this and 1 bad board I missed T5 in 7 8(
  • Borstock
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Borstock said:
    bluewolf said:
    Borstock said:
    bluewolf said:
    .........  Fine. 

He didn't threaten to stop spending, he said that it makes him less likely to start spending.
    Fine. It takes the teeth out of his threat to not start spending when, even if they made the requested change, he's on record as saying he won't spend until Bishop is nerfed. Either way, whether they fix these tiles or not, he's not spending. So, not much of a threat.