One star skirmish MAR 24 - MAR 26

123457»

Comments

• I finished 40 points back of first. Guy in first must have dropped nearly 1K in HP on shields.
  • What was the reward for top 50 again?.. Is it a black hood cover? Either I'm not getting it yet it or somehow I'm getting a token.. icon_neutral.gif
    Edit: never mind, just got the reward icon_e_biggrin.gif though I forgot black wasn't the AP stealing power.. icon_e_smile.gif)
  • I saw you jumping around in my bracket jozier. Personally top 5 was fine with me, so I shielded at #3 and let you guys duke it out icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • Finally cracked top 10. A first for me icon_e_smile.gif
  • I only made one run at it. I shielded when I was in first but then chiamone shield popped his way up. Must have used 3 shields to get 60 points.
  • My first blue IW! icon_cool.gif

I wonder when I'll have some spare ISO to level her more...
  • Didn't touch this event due to stuff, but I did want to pick up the daily deals from the shop.

That is until I saw they cut the ISO in half from the last run, what a jip.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    jozier wrote:
    I only made one run at it. I shielded when I was in first but then chiamone shield popped his way up. Must have used 3 shields to get 60 points.

Yeah I spent a lot on 3 hour shields this tournament to let health packs regenerate and burn through retaliations.

Still, I got my blue IW. She is now a complete 1/1/1.
  • Won my bracket, gah... that was a nightmare. That was the last color I was missing on either of the 4****s.

I do want to pay thanks to the multiple S.H.I.E.L.D members that tagged me on their way up the ladder yesterday to provide enough juicy 30+ point retaliations at 600+ in a 150 point last-hour slingshot past the guy who thought he had the bracket easily locked down. (Woot for +100% match boosts against 1* characters for speed wins) icon_lol.gif

On the other hand, I focused on the tourney so much, I almost fell all the way out of the Simulator brackets and had to scramble to scavenge 50th place in both modes in the last 10 minutes of the sub. icon_redface.gif
  • Credit to FittedKitchens, that was some battle for 1st there down the stretch. Despite a UK friendly timing, I was stuck in work so had to refresh the leaderboard to keep up with the standings! Was touch and go... Well played.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    That finish was a little bit more stressful than I would have liked.

Someone overtook me with 90 minutes to go (713 to my 712... really? If you want to win, give yourself more of a chance) so I had to unshied and re-shield at 748.
    Of course I had to watch the leaderboard like a hawk for the push that never came... which somewhat hampered my progress in the waning minutes of the subs.

Oh well, was nice to get hit by The Ladder on his way up icon_e_wink.gif
  • Sweet, I am one yellow Hood cover away from a useful character.
  • Boy that was close. Great run by Fittedkitchens. I think FFSlade was in my bracket and I overtook him for 1st in last minute as he was probably focusing on Simulator and probably didn't think I would make up the 140ish pts in 40 min.
  • Today was a good day... top 10 finish in my bracket, along with a top 50 finish by my alliance, to get three Hood covers.

My current Hood build of 1-2-5 is hardly ideal, but getting those levels is important to start with until those yellow and blue covers start falling my way.
  • 250 points was good enough for a top 20 finish (18)....that's just sad.
  • 1 star are more like brawling. just headbutting the groin till u drop [nope, not gonna devouring that]
    top 5 is good. top 1 not really encouraging
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    The Ladder wrote:
    Credit to FittedKitchens, that was some battle for 1st there down the stretch. Despite a UK friendly timing, I was stuck in work so had to refresh the leaderboard to keep up with the standings! Was touch and go... Well played.

We might've actually beat you but one of our members wasn't able to play accounting for the lower score. We'll get you one of these days! icon_twisted.gif