***** The Hulk (Immortal) *****

1101112131416»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d strongly advise against tossing 5* covers. Mine is 5/1/2 and I’m just keeping him softcapped until I have enough covers to champ him. If you keep him low enough he won’t tank. And in the event he does die, the revive is nice to keep the AOE going. 

Underleveled he’s definitely going to be a PVE beast. Okoye tanks and heals while Hulk dishes out AOE damage in the background. He’ll be a PVP target though. 

Champed he’ll be a PVP beast, and likely somewhat of a defensive scarecrow. However, the tanking everything means Okoye siphoning team up AP and his whole die/revive shtick hurting you in PVE. One PVE exception is some of the more difficult challenge nodes. Especially if stun isn’t a viable option (Apocalypse/mutant in the future). Some people are reporting luck with a Vulture/IHulk winfinite combo. It takes forever I’m sure. Curious if it takes longer than the Gamora stun squads. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    My iHulk is only at 1 meager cover (Red) but I also saved enough shards to buy one more. Any thoughts if I should buy green or black? 

Black keeps him alive all the time, while green can do passive team damage...
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Green. Use him with someone who boosts his team damage (Okoye, Strike Tiles, Apocalypse).
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    DeNappa said:
    My iHulk is only at 1 meager cover (Red) but I also saved enough shards to buy one more. Any thoughts if I should buy green or black? 

Black keeps him alive all the time, while green can do passive team damage...
    If you have a functional Okoye or Kitty, I would go 1 green over 1 black. 
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    If you keep him low enough he won’t tank. And in the event he does die, the revive is nice ....
    Yeah, I have enough shards to add
    another green or black, and I am leaning towards black for that reason.  The occasional self-team-damage seems like a worthwhile tradeoff in order to allow IHulk to eat the occasional big hit and just revive right back. In regular PVE nodes, he’s unlikely to die more than once anyway. In hardest nodes, eating that occasional big hit may save the match. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    I got Hulk to 5/2/5 today, been using him in the Onslaught PVP. Paired him with Beta Ray Bill and they seem to work really well together. You can still collect green attack power for BRB as Hulk goes by how many green on the board, not how many green AP you do or don't have for green door. With Hulk adding greens to the baord I'm finding I'm able to constantly match green as usual for BRB and Hulks green door still goes off plenty. Plus BRB's protect tiles and blue really help negate some of Hulk's team damage. 

So far I haven't tried Hulk with anyone else, BR has pretty high health and with his protects was the 5 I paired with Hulk first. But I like what I'm seeing from Hulk a lot. First time I did any PVP in months and months, got my 12 wins/500 points for the CPs in like 10 minutes of play using IH and BRB. 
  • Daredevil217
    Glad you’re liking Hulk!  I really dig him too. And BRB is on the short list of 5s I like with him (the only one on my list of Hulk partners who doesn’t heal). Of your champs, you should try Doom as well. Hulk tanks black which is a bummer, but Doom provides a second nuke a second board shake, some team healing for the essential character, and of course heals some of that Hulk damage himself when the enemy matches yellow/black. 

Btw, protect tiles don’t negate Hulks self team-damage. So the reason you paired them actually doesn’t work. Still a killer combo. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    I think Hulk is pretty fun and useful, but there are times I wish you could get honest answers from devs on gameplay concerns.

Things like running a champed (you want a champed character, right?) boosted Hulk in SCL10 and trying to not kill Hulk's teammates when he's tanking pretty much everything while the AI is scaled up to high levels.

I am ONLY using him in the 5E, pretty much, when he's boosted.

Just to know if the QA team played that and what they thought about it, honestly.

Because it's not much fun. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I think Hulk is pretty fun and useful, but there are times I wish you could get honest answers from devs on gameplay concerns.

Things like running a champed (you want a champed character, right?) boosted Hulk in SCL10 and trying to not kill Hulk's teammates when he's tanking pretty much everything while the AI is scaled up to high levels.

Just to know if the QA team played that and what they thought about it, honestly.

Thats just a temporary problem once he's out of Latests, not really a big deal.

Thanos has the same problem when he's boosted, kills your whole roster as well, shrugs.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

I'm having the same issue and my Hulk isn't champed yet.  I'm also only using him in the 5E node, and the only solution I've found is to team him with Vulture and chase black to keep Vulture airborne.  Then you just need to hope Hulk's green doesn't trigger a cascade on the turn Vulture lands.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ihulk always can do what no other char can. And its the most fun char ever. But his fun means in always chasing black.
    No other type of play I found for him yet. Not without having Phoenix i.e.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have any good supports for Hulk yet? He is really fast in SCL10 pve with Okoye and Profe$$or X - if there were something that could do the Thor synergy perk from Stormbringer and add green to the board at battle start that woild be helpful I think. 
  • Daredevil217
    I remember when I did my Original write up for Hulk in my character ranking guide, I had Storm and StarLord as possible partners as they could put green on the board. This was before I champed him. Having champed him and played him a ton, he self-fuels green just fine on his own.

I mention in a different thread putting SP//DR on him to up the chance of starting with 5 yellow to help keep Okoye alive. Keeping teammates alive seems like a much bigger deal than generating green on the board. Sanctum Sanctorum works as well. Something that gens Black AP to get vulture flying would also be good, but the only thing I know off the top of my head is the Milano, but Zombie Hulk isn’t a GOTG member. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    I don't really have Okoye problems with Hulk, it's usually whoever is running 3rd that dies too quickly. I have a 4* Royal TAlon Fighter on Okoye, so it's not as bad to keep her moving. I run Hulk at 5/3/5 on most nodes, but when I'm in the 5e or CHallenging node in SCL 10, I'm wondering if he wouldn't be better to run at 3/5/5 and just go full YOLO with him? In that scenario, getting Vulture/Danver5/Karolina off the ground is the priority for sure. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Karolina flyes but at some point she gets her protect tiles and stops flying, taking all the beating she can. Vulture is the best.
    The best way of keeping alive hulk is having someone tanking him. Thats it with better rainbow coverage, or having one a lot much champed than him although hulk will prevail if he dies enough. 
  • angryelvis
    angryelvis Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Is there anybody who can tank for him once you have him champed?