Random MPQ Thoughts

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is worth noting that Wolverine (X-Force) gets 3 covers from the resupply - Day 149, Day 165 and Day 180 whereas X-23 does not gain a free cover until Day 925. Those 3 covers often mean Wolvie wins the Champion race.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    DAZ0273 said:
    It is worth noting that Wolverine (X-Force) gets 3 covers from the resupply - Day 149, Day 165 and Day 180 whereas X-23 does not gain a free cover until Day 925. Those 3 covers often mean Wolvie wins the Champion race.

Yep, casue people usually does not chase any of them. Or chase Gamora/Rocket & Groot/Juggernaut/whatever. Still it will be propably faster to get X-23 covered than Wolvie when chasing Dakens and Ares+Ragnarok than Wolvies and Collossus. And if we skip login rewards and work on like duplicate then she is faster.
  • Mr_F
    Interesting facts: Nighcrawler is not only immune to 4* Cap Marvel passive but to Deadpool Whales. Even if pushed. Just tested out of curiosity.
  • DAZ0273
    However if you have Archangel's blue cover you can punish Nightcrawler for his crafty dodging tactics.
  • Mr_F
    DAZ0273 said:
    However if you have Archangel's blue cover you can punish Nightcrawler for his crafty dodging tactics.

I have. One. And that is my only 5*Angel cover. XD
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found a couple of things in MPQ today mildly amusing. 

1) The image of Legion for his PvP event, with his arms outstretched - He looked to me sort of like a frat boy saying "Dude, I said I would pick up the keg, chill out, brah!"

2) In my daily shard offers, I had Emma Frost, Dazzler, and Spider-Gwen, and the 5-star was Silver Surfer. Silver Surfer looked quite fussy in his pose, and I imagined he was jealous of the luxurious blonde hair of the three women, since he doesn't have a follicle to his name.  :p

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    A Teisatsu's on-death effect does not trigger when he is stunned.
    Doctor Doom's on-death effect does trigger when he is stunned.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    A Teisatsu's on-death effect does not trigger when he is stunned.
    Doctor Doom's on-death effect does trigger when he is stunned.
    Because he is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Doom doom doom doom...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    PuceMoose said:
    I found a couple of things in MPQ today mildly amusing. 

1) The image of Legion for his PvP event, with his arms outstretched - He looked to me sort of like a frat boy saying "Dude, I said I would pick up the keg, chill out, brah!"

The way his hair is, he's the one who looks like he needs to chill out to me ;)

• Mr_F
    edited June 2020
    Random info: if you use Invisible Woman/whatever ability to lock down a special tile which causes someone to go airborne (like Karolina Dean Blue Ability) then its neverending story. That character will stay airborne until you will destroy the tile/cooldown is off.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    Random info: if you use Invisible Woman/whatever ability to lock down a special tile which causes someone to go airborne (like Karolina Dean Blue Ability) then its neverending story. That character will stay airborne until you will destroy the tile/cooldown is off.
    Good thing Vulture doesn't have a tile to make him go Airborne, or else that would be completely busted.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the purpose of the new A.I.M. mini-event to help us the players be introduced to the new goon character types or is it really to help THEM get used to being chomped by my Dinosaur?  At this point, it’s too close to call....
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was playing the 3-star Magneto required event with Thorkoye as the other two team members.  I get 10 blue AP, and try to activate Magneto's blue to take out the Thug who has a 12K pistol shot ready to go off.  A "Not Enough Tiles" message shows up, and after checking the board out I see that Thor has completely eliminated all of the red tiles.

My question - Since Magneto can control metal, can he use his powers to control Thor's Hammer and bop him upside the head a few times?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was playing the 3-star Magneto required event with Thorkoye as the other two team members.  I get 10 blue AP, and try to activate Magneto's blue to take out the Thug who has a 12K pistol shot ready to go off.  A "Not Enough Tiles" message shows up, and after checking the board out I see that Thor has completely eliminated all of the red tiles.

My question - Since Magneto can control metal, can he use his powers to control Thor's Hammer and bop him upside the head a few times?
    Well to be fair: in the comics or movies, Mags would simply stop the bullets in mid-air or just pull all the guns from the maggia's hands.
  • TPF Alexis

Huh. I'm guessing Magneto is, in general, not worthy, but would his mutant power actually be considered him lifting the hammer?
    Actually, is Mjolnir even made of magnetic metals? Something like that could make for a really nasty surprise for Mags at some point.
  • DAZ0273
    edited July 2020
    Mjolnir (in the comic books) is made of Uru which is capable of being affected by magnetism. Magneto has proved able to deflect Mjolnir when thrown at him. However the main characteristic of Uru is its ability to store and be enhanced by enchantments - so because of the magical enhancements Mjolnir possesses, Magneto is not able to break apart the hammer or otherwise influence its form under normal circumstances.
  • DAZ0273
    And whilst we are here - this is my understanding of Mags and the other super metals:

Adamantium - Mags can twist it like a pretzel baby!
    Vibranium - Vibranium is, in its pure form and not an alloy, immune to Magneto's powers, this is both Wakandan and Antarctica versions.
    Carbonandium - As this is just the Soviet version of Adamantium (not as indestructable but more maleable) then it likely shares many features of Adamantium, including a weakness to Mags powers. I can't recall if the two have ever have a showdown but Mags should, as long as he keeps his distance, be able to swat Omega Red like a fly.
  • TPF Alexis
    2099's Harbinger of Heroes wasn't triggering on blue matches in a couple of the Featured nodes in Meet R&G. I went through all kinds of weird theories about what the connection might be before I re-read the description and was reminded that it only triggers when a Hero makes those matches, which Super Skrull and Onslaught are not. Fortunately I looked it up before making a bug report ;)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just pulled/earned NINE 1* Yelena Black covers in a row. How is that possible?