***** Killmonger (Erik Stevens) *****

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regarding his black passive, I'm slightly worried this power isnt that amazing when you think of it. The locking their crit part, that's obviously good.

What worries me is that you have to let THEM match the crit to get either the AP steal or the damage, crits with 5* chars really hurt a lot so do you really want to eat a crit for the effect? I'm really not sure it will be worth it especially just for AP steal (crits can do like 15-20k with 5*'s, the same dmg he would inflict as well). I guess it gives you a turn to put your tank in front but I really dont know about this.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2020
    Thanos said:
    @RickOShay, He does make 2 crits at level 5. They need to change the wording.
    Definitely a bug in the wording on the roster screen.  At level 3, it says that the next level "Creates 2 Critical tiles.", however levels 4 and 5 say "creates a Critical tile".  In match (using the loaner in the Introducing... Killmonger node 2), it says that it will create 2 tiles (and does indeed create 2 tiles).
  • Akroma
    Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
    VizMantis said:
    I don’t think Onslaught it so bad.  But I don’t think he’s worth the cp it would take me to get him from 0 to 13 covers on his own.  Adding Killmonger or Yelena To the equation still doesn’t seem to justify the cp expenditure.  So I’ll just hope to finish Apocalypse as soon as soon as possible so I can go back to hoarding.  If I finish off Yelena in the process, so be it.  If I finish off Onslaught in the process, it likely means my luck has taken a terrible turn.  Hence my hope to not pull too many Onslaught covers.
    well my situation is that i might be able to champ apoc, when he is about to leave. so that means, if i go for apoc, i had to open with onslaugh and killmonger on the latest :(

is it worth it? in order to get apoc champed, as a side effect, get killmonger and onslaugh champed too? :(

i have thor okoye beta kitty profx iceman etc, but also, all 451ish levels (so no red tanking from okoye to thor :( )

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akroma said:
    VizMantis said:
    I don’t think Onslaught it so bad.  But I don’t think he’s worth the cp it would take me to get him from 0 to 13 covers on his own.  Adding Killmonger or Yelena To the equation still doesn’t seem to justify the cp expenditure.  So I’ll just hope to finish Apocalypse as soon as soon as possible so I can go back to hoarding.  If I finish off Yelena in the process, so be it.  If I finish off Onslaught in the process, it likely means my luck has taken a terrible turn.  Hence my hope to not pull too many Onslaught covers.
    well my situation is that i might be able to champ apoc, when he is about to leave. so that means, if i go for apoc, i had to open with onslaugh and killmonger on the latest :(

is it worth it? in order to get apoc champed, as a side effect, get killmonger and onslaugh champed too? :(

i have thor okoye beta kitty profx iceman etc, but also, all 451ish levels (so no red tanking from okoye to thor :( )

I would say yes it is worth getting Apocalypse.  If anything it will spice up PVP and PVE.  For PVE Apocalypse, BRB, Thor is a great combo and will tank all but yellow for Thor.  Onslaught and Killmonger might not be great but they will help with PVE for the next 2 months
  • Akroma
    wymtime said:
    Akroma said:
    VizMantis said:

I would say yes it is worth getting Apocalypse.  If anything it will spice up PVP and PVE.  For PVE Apocalypse, BRB, Thor is a great combo and will tank all but yellow for Thor.  Onslaught and Killmonger might not be great but they will help with PVE for the next 2 months
    thank you for the info :)

what about after 2 months? haha :(

• Akroma
    Thanos said:
    Kross said:
    Forgive me if this has been asked, (and forgive if my explanation is poor) but...

If one side makes a match 5, and KM locks the crit tile, but there are already 2 color gems surrounding the crit, does the player get a crit match 3, and then the crit tile unlocks and will allow for another crit match?

Seems like this could double crit damage.

And would KM then generate 10 red AP? and do double his damage?

As the video shows, KM did double dip and took 10 red AP from Thor.
    P.S. I'm working on videos, should have more up this afternoon. If anybody has team ideas LMK.

hello :) sorry to bother you.

i see you have onslaugh :D what do you think about him? as in order to get apoc i have to get ons :( and killmonger. as i was scared when you said in the onslaugh thread that you wouldnt even want to make a video about him :(

did that changed? or is he still not good? :(

thanks
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like Killmonger is going to be the 5-star version of 4* Jean Grey: increased rate of match-5 at the start of the game and for the rest of the game. Match-5 and I'll punish you. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Akroma said:
    hello :) sorry to bother you.

i see you have onslaugh :D what do you think about him? as in order to get apoc i have to get ons :( and killmonger. as i was scared when you said in the onslaugh thread that you wouldnt even want to make a video about him :(

did that changed? or is he still not good? :(

thanks

I have to say, he actually started to grow on me a bit. If you watch the KM-PX-Onslaught video, he can be kinda crazy when paired with PX. His green is excellent, obviously his best ability. When I started ignoring the damage component of his blue and used it only to setup auto-matches or match 4 and 5's the more useful it became. Not sure how good he is without PX on the team but with PX he can be a blast. When KM hits tokens I think I'm gonna bust the hoard, I want more Apoc and KM and Onslaught aren't terrible additions to the roster.
  • HoundofShadow
    I've played 40 matches in Killmonger PvP and there's a high rate of match-5. I recorded the occurrence of match-5 and it occurred in 22 matches. Occurrence of Match-5 are counted only under 2 circumstances:

1) the board starts with a match-5
    2) a match was made and a match-5 appears after the tiles drop down from outside of 8x8 board.

9 out of 40 matches has 2 match-5.
    29 / 40 has 1 match-5.
    1 / 40 has 4 match-5.
    1 / 40 has 5 match-5.

If only Karnak can be gifted with AI giving him match-5 every 2 rounds...  :D

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    KM’s red appears to be suicidal vs another KM on enemy team . He makes 2 critical but both are locked . The enemy then matches them and without 5+ red , you get double counter striked . 
  • Michael1957
    I've played 40 matches in Killmonger PvP and there's a high rate of match-5. 

If only Karnak can be gifted with AI giving him match-5 every 2 rounds...  :D

Karnak also committed suicide in the 4th round vs KM
  • Michael1957
    Tried an Okoye/ KM/Legion using Legion to burn off almost all my AP . Against Chavez , she crit tiles every round and keeping her alive last they all kill themselves 
  • HoundofShadow
    I meant in other PvPs, not against Killmonger.

I like his red ability a lot, if only we can choose where to place his critical tiles. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    This pvp I could play for total grinding. I have played 70 wins and the 5 match rate I think its totally the usual one.
    About his black passive its really strange I would say sometimes damages and sometimes not. At least when the tile is created and makes a crit mach on the same move I think there is no damage. 
    And finally I saw that it seems people are empty hoarded and nobody has him covered. Better said nobody has whaled for him.
    It seems nobody has noticed how good is his red passive tough. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Bad said:
    it seems people are empty hoarded and nobody has him covered. Better said nobody has whaled for him.
    I saw one lvl 453 championed Killmonger in one of the top alliances and another one in someone without an alliance (which was more suspicious). Just give it a few more days.
    I think there are only a very few people playing the game who are willing to use an HP store to champ a 5 (legitimately) and they are selective enough that I think Killmonger doesn't quite do it for most of them.  Mostly because he's not super effective on defense nor on offense.  He's pretty good but not meta....  Obviously there will always be a few people who do it.

But there's a new 5 every month and even whales have their limits (I don't think Jeff Bezos plays this game.   :D )  $3500+ is a lot to spend on this game every month. And that ONLY gets you 13 covers for that specific 5 vs spending about $5300 to get 13 covers for all the 5s in Latests or a special store using buy clubs.

Maybe when his CP store opens people will bust hoards.  I'm sure he will get covered and champed by many players once he gets to Latests.
  • bluewolf
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    I think there are only a very few people playing the game who are willing to use an HP store to champ a 5 (legitimately) and they are selective enough that I think Killmonger doesn't quite do it for most of them. 
    I understand. My reply was just to rebut the statement that “nobody has him covered”.
    In a game with 250K ish players and probably a few hundred or so solid whales, there'll always be someone.....
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Anyone else noticing that when KM fires his Purple that it seems to use both teams purple traps for damage?
    I've noticed that when it fires it removes my KM's traps and the enemy KM's traps (I see a bunch of traps get removed on tiles where I can't see any). This does massive damage for the first player who can fire purple.
    Is this by design (ala Quicksilvers shared Blue locking mechanism) or a bug?
    KGB
  • bluewolf
    KGB said:
    Anyone else noticing that when KM fires his Purple that it seems to use both teams purple traps for damage?
    I've noticed that when it fires it removes my KM's traps and the enemy KM's traps (I see a bunch of traps get removed on tiles where I can't see any). This does massive damage for the first player who can fire purple.
    Is this by design (ala Quicksilvers shared Blue locking mechanism) or a bug?
    KGB
    Note the power description:

"Deals xxxx damage, plus xxx damage for every Decisive Strike Trap tile on the board, disarming the traps."  (emphasis mine)

So based on the power description, this is the intended design.

I'm not sure if this makes him better or worse....I suppose if you see him out there's a good reason to run him as a mirror....assuming you can make him work on some team.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I see a guy with a lvl463 Killmonger in the lightning round and that's his highest level character.  Seems sketchy.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    KM’s red appears to be suicidal vs another KM on enemy team . He makes 2 critical but both are locked . The enemy then matches them and without 5+ red , you get double counter striked . 

Forget Black Panther. Killmonger really is his own worst enemy.