Theros Elite Packs?

Wolfteeth
Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
Where are they?

Comments

• soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like they might show up as VIP packs next week.  After that it's just guesswork

https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Elite_pack_tracking
  • Wolfteeth
    Still no Theros elite packs, why wouldn’t you have one of the newer sets available right now??? This game is frustrating to no end
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    We appreciate the interest in this!
    I will pass this along to my team to get it to you as soon as possible :wink:
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    All packs of every type should always be available. I should be able to pick where I want to spend my currency. I shouldn’t have to wait for anything to rotate in and out of the vault. What a drag.
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Gideon said:
    All packs of every type should always be available. I should be able to pick where I want to spend my currency. I shouldn’t have to wait for anything to rotate in and out of the vault. What a drag.
    I haven't needed to open old boosters in a very long time so I pretty much have all packs available.... and it's awful. Cant find anything takes like 6 swipes to get to the free booster at the bottom, I dont bother anymore.  The UI would need a major upgrade if they made all packs available all the time. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gideon said:
    I haven't needed to open old boosters in a very long time so I pretty much have all packs available.... and it's awful. Cant find anything takes like 6 swipes to get to the free booster at the bottom, I dont bother anymore.  The UI would need a major upgrade if they made all packs available all the time. 
    Agreed, the page is cluttered enough as is.

Maybe add an extra tab to the Vault?  One tab for standard sets and free boosters, second tab for Legacy sets.
    Keep the same rotation (3 Elite Packs and however many sets), but now you basically double your purchasing options without increasing any clutter.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    I bet I'll be able to get 3 elite vault packs by the next time Theros eventually comes around!  Maybe 5!

:D
  • Wolfteeth
    Still not there!! It’s been almost a month now.  Can we please get it together??????
  • LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Wolfteeth said:
    Still not there!! It’s been almost a month now.  Can we please get it together??????

If they follow pattern, don't expect it next week either. There is still one more pack coming from M20, and even though Kaladesh is done this week, typically there is one legacy elite pack in the rotation, so my best guess would be Ikoria, M20, and a legacy elite (HOU)
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolfteeth said:
    Someday, a long, long time from now...after you've gotten every mythic you wanted from Theros Booster crafting, we will see Theros elite packs again 
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    LoboX01 said:
    Wolfteeth said:

If they follow pattern, don't expect it next week either. There is still one more pack coming from M20, and even though Kaladesh is done this week, typically there is one legacy elite pack in the rotation, so my best guess would be Ikoria, M20, and a legacy elite (HOU)
    They were very nice and looks like preempted the pack that you guessed and I was hoped would be HOU and it is now THB.  The one legacy pack think was really great and consistent for a long time but they did start breaking that truism back in Feb.

Is this the new process for the rotation now @Oktagon_Support Can I Request HOU after M20?  :)

On a related note: why would you choose to move VIP to WAR?  I would think that the goal of the VIP pack would be to have people sign-up for VIP.  Not trying to drag on the WAR set but it was just available as a standard elite pack, it doesn't really have any of the more popular chase cards in it.  Also the fact that the pools are so small and WAR was the current set when VIP was released I suspect that most of your base willing to sign up has the cards they want/need there.

Again there is money to be made by adding an additional VIP pack option each week.